Patriots Free Agency 2023

I’ve always liked Robinson, and I’ll enjoy cheering for him.

But what about the RBs drafted last year?

Is this about pass protection?
Saw a short video clip of Strong saying that special teams are important for him. Think it was from an off season rookie conference. Just a small bite of information but curious that was mentioned.
The other Harris is close to the 53rd player.

i thought harris retweeted a darius slay tweet?
slay was known to have had issues with patricia in det.
Nothing to do with Patricia. The tweets are to do with Slay just retweeting that guy Nino’s tweet on Waller being traded by Josh and the story of Josh and this wedding of Waller etc. The guy Nino claims it’s the Patriot way. Lot of the responses are saying this has nothing to do with the Patriots etc.

Look at the tweets.

View: https://twitter.com/qdiggs6/status/1635726126717829130?s=46&t=OXSJj7papmFRuSSM559SYg

Nothing to do with Patricia. The tweets are to do with Slay just retweeting that guy Nino’s tweet on Waller being traded by Josh and the story of Josh and this wedding of Waller etc. The guy Nino claims it’s the Patriot way. Lot of the responses are saying this has nothing to do with the Patriots etc.

Look at the tweets.

View: https://twitter.com/qdiggs6/status/1635726126717829130?s=46&t=OXSJj7papmFRuSSM559SYg

Nino is Quandre Diggs. And yes, he's getting absolutely called out on Twitter, man knows jack shit.

Look at the tweets.

I think the Darius Slay tweet does push back to Patricia days in Detroit.

Back then Patricia tried to play him as not coachable, and a detriment to the team in the locker room, which was completely and utterly untrue, has proven since. Patricia just put them in the doghouse to satisfy his own ego.
At least that’s how it ultimately came out here in Detroit.

This offense looks like Bill O’Brien and Bill Belichick are building a death by 1000 cuts/ball control machine.

I think they need another effective tight end more than anything else if this is the case. Well, and more help along the offensive of line, of course.

EDIT: and a punter and a kicker

This is shaping up to be a fun draft. Based on the early moves and 11 picks nobody will have any idea what the Patriots will be willing to do. I am smiling.

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/status/1636321336296460292?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1636321336296460292%7Ctwgr%5Ece6901d36e8e19e472b2e360b2742e302dd478cd%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fnesn.com%2F2023%2F03%2Fpatriots-hosting-ex-dolphins-andrew-van-ginkel-free-agent-visit%2F

Van Ginkel was his most productive during the 2020 and 2021 campaigns, when he posted a combined 9.5 sacks and 119 tackles while playing for Brian Flores.

He’s not the first linebacker whom the Patriots have shown interest in this offseason. New England, which previously re-signed Raekwon McMillan, reportedly has engaged with former Chicago Bears linebacker Nicholas Morrow, who’s an undersized but intriguing talent.

Lots of noise about TE Mike Gesicki joining the Pats. BOB at Penn St. won the recruiting battle against Urban Meyer for Gesicki.

From an article in 2013
Gesicki, Penn State’s all-time pass catcher at tight end, was at the Senior Bowl in 2013 as a member of the North team. O’Brien, the head coach the NFL’s Houston Texans, was in town with his staff to coach the South team.

After Wednesday’s team practices were completed, the two spent some time together. On business. Reunited again, and to Gesicki — who finished his PSU career, with 129 catches for 1,481 yards and 15 TDs to go along with back-to-back 11-win seasons — it felt so good.

‘It was cool meeting with Coach O’Brien,’ said the characteristically upbeat Gesicki, a grin on his face as we chatted at the Senior Bowl HQ on Friday. ‘Obviously, I had the opportunity to get to know him during the recruiting process, and committed to him, and had those meetings back when I was in high school.

==================

He was franchise tagged for 2022 but Mike McDaniel's system doesn't include the TE so Gesicki wanted out. Miami Chris Grier said he had earned his right to be a FA.
A reunion with BOB could work very well.

Lots of noise about TE Mike Gesicki joining the Pats. BOB at Penn St. won the recruiting battle against Urban Meyer for Gesicki.

From an article in 2013
Gesicki, Penn State’s all-time pass catcher at tight end, was at the Senior Bowl in 2013 as a member of the North team. O’Brien, the head coach the NFL’s Houston Texans, was in town with his staff to coach the South team.

After Wednesday’s team practices were completed, the two spent some time together. On business. Reunited again, and to Gesicki — who finished his PSU career, with 129 catches for 1,481 yards and 15 TDs to go along with back-to-back 11-win seasons — it felt so good.

‘It was cool meeting with Coach O’Brien,’ said the characteristically upbeat Gesicki, a grin on his face as we chatted at the Senior Bowl HQ on Friday. ‘Obviously, I had the opportunity to get to know him during the recruiting process, and committed to him, and had those meetings back when I was in high school.

==================

He was franchise tagged for 2022 but Mike McDaniel's system doesn't include the TE so Gesicki wanted out. Miami Chris Grier said he had earned his right to be a FA.

Im hoping for this, i think him and henry could be deadly together

I'm not a fan of Gesicki's game personally, but I'm willing to be convinced if the price is reasonable.

From an article in 2013

==================

He's pretty good...

Look at the tweets.

It’s not the Patriot way. It’s the moronic McIdiot way showing zero creativity just signing anyone who used to work on the Pats. Raiders are a walking disaster.

Back