Patriots Free Agency 2023

Rapp was a strong safety so are we looking at him for free safety? He's known for great tackling and being a box safety, he's not known for playing centerfield or for being really fast.

I've been waiting for Bill to call and explain exactly what he has in mind, but, given that we already have about 4 Safeties who are box types I would assume that we
aren't just trying to collect a complete set. Then again, Rapp had a dead slow 40 time of 4.76, so........nothing makes sense except Bill just fucking loves Safeties who
can hit and tackle and would field 11 of them if he could.

I've been waiting for Bill to call and explain exactly what he has in mind, but, given that we already have about 4 Safeties who are box types I would assume that we
aren't just trying to collect a complete set. Then again, Rapp had a dead slow 40 time of 4.76, so........nothing makes sense except Bill just fucking loves Safeties who
The REALLY REALLY big nickle Defense!

Yes exactly, doesn't have the speed to play free safety.

What would a set of 11 anythings be called?
  • 1 --> Unit
  • 2 --> Pair
  • 3 --> Triplet
  • 4 --> Quartet
  • 5 --> Quintet
  • 6 --> Sextet
  • 7 --> Septet
  • 8 --> Octet
  • 9 --> Ennead
  • 10 --> Decade
  • 11 --> ?
  • 12 --> Dozen
Undectet, perhaps?

Tre Flowers is back in Gillette for a visit...

And it seems a good chance we will get Taylor Rapp. He is off talking to Cincy though as well.

Rapp here might be gamesmanship to drive up the price to Cincy. Rapp to the Bengals makes a lot more sense, they need safeties while in NE he has no starting role.

Gesicki was wildly underutilized in Miami last year. He played in every game but only started one of them. He was 3rd on the team in receptions (32) but Hill (119) and Waddle (75) were far and away the team leaders. Their running backs also hauled in a ton of passes.

Kind of puzzling to me that such a solid player (despite down stats last year) could A) only get a 1-year deal, and B) that Miami would let him walk for such a reasonable price. Guessing he was unhappy with his role and Miami doesn't need to pay someone $9 million for 360 receiving yards. Despite that, he still had 5 TD's.

Me, too. The Patriots swap out Jonnu Smith for Mike Gesicki to keep the double TE offense alive for new OC Bill O'Brien.
He won't have any difficulty learning the offense. Bet on BB drafting a TE in the draft.

100% agree. I like that the moves are consistent with where we all think Bill O’Brien is taking this offense. Selfishly I would like to have seen 3/27 rather than just one year but if he excels we can extend him during the season (if Bill will, bend, knee just a little bit) and for sure draft promising tight end this year.

Really need that WR1 now? Can we focus on offensive line and pound that group with talent? Bigger corners in the draft?

Back