Patriots Free Agency 2023

Yeah it must be me being a f*cking ignoramus right along with Belichick.

You’re backwards rationalizing anything the Patriots do.

Please keep trying to claim why Jalen Mills is a good player when he is not. I posted facts about his crappy PFF grades each of the last 4 seasons.

Ravens love to gamble on WRs it seems.

Good signing by Baltimore
Agholor could put up another 800+ yd season in the right offense. He’s good in the slot which he didn’t have opportunities to do as much in NE

Agholor could put up another 800+ yd season in the right offense. He’s good in the slot which he didn’t have opportunities to do as much in NE
I could have lived with Agholor (for '21 and '22) at a figure close to what Baltimore gave him but I am about as much a fan of Nelson Agholor as I am of Jalen Mills and I am thrilled to see him out of the picture. One of my least-favorite signings of the BB era.

There's such a difference between trying to be right and trying to understand. It's just two different ways to use the board.

A team you follow closely makes a move that doesn't seem to make sense. I think we can all agree that Belichick and the staff know more about football than any of us, and certainly more about their systems and what they are trying to accomplish.

Person 1 assesses it and makes a pronouncement - it's stupid, etc. Person 2 looks at it to try to figure out what the team is doing, because what you're seeing doesn't add up. Person 2 might throw out several theories and seem to change their mind as they assess and look at it from different perspectives.

Interestingly, if Person 1 and Person 2 do this consistently, Person 1 will generally be right a higher percentage of the time. Some moves work, others don't, but by taking one position and sticking with it rather than exploring a bunch of possibilities, explanations, what is planned, you're right sometimes and wrong sometimes. Person 2 is throwing out a ton of theories, some of which are thought out and others that are quick takes and what ifs, trying to understand the moves of experts in their field with track records of success. Most of them are going to be wrong, especially when the moves tend to be non-conventional. And Person 2 will also appear wishy washy, taking multiple sides of various issues.

Generally speaking, Person 2 might be considered thoughtful, but they will also tend to be considered a fanboy, and accused of always rationalizing any moves that are made as they try to find the logic and the plan behind the moves.
On the other hand, Person 1 may be considered a curmudgeon or a hater by a passionate fanbase, but they will also be considered an independent thinker because they don't always explore looking for the underlying logic/strategic benefit of a move if it's not immediately apparent.

But who brings more to a discussion board? And who learns more?

I think the Planet is fracturing right now, pretty much along those lines, combined with some basic civility. We've had trolls come and go, but this is the extended period I can remember when I haven't felt like this place is a refuge.

How can he be a good fit for anyone? The PFF gods issued him a football credit score in the mid 50s, so he must suck.

How can he be a good fit for anyone? The PFF gods issued him a football credit score in the mid 50s, so he must suck.

He barely played last year but had very good seasons prior in Oakland. Pretty different from Mills who has consistently sucked and I also get you’re not actually trying to make a point

Only certified geniuses who grace us multiple times each day with the gift of their wit and insight can get away with
degrading the members of this forum using insulting terms to make themselves feel temporarily superior.
Evidently pretty damn temporarily, given that he needs repeat his little-boy-talking-back-to-adults routine every few minutes

but now I gotta take him off IGNORE just to see now-what's-that-idiot-blathering-about?

I think the Planet is fracturing right now, pretty much along those lines, combined with some basic civility. We've had trolls come and go, but this is the extended period I can remember when I haven't felt like this place is a refuge.
It certainly isn't much fun here with every thread derailed, but this forum has an owner and it isn't me or you so our choices are deal with it or leave. It's not bad enough yet for me to leave..

Evidently pretty damn temporarily, given that he needs repeat his little-boy-talking-back-to-adults routine every few minutes

but now I gotta take him off IGNORE just to see now-what's-that-idiot-blathering-about?

why do you keep pretending, you can’t help but be obsessed. I live rent free in your head

I could have lived with Agholor (for '21 and '22) at a figure close to what Baltimore gave him but I am about as much a fan of Nelson Agholor as I am of Jalen Mills and I am thrilled to see him out of the picture. One of my least-favorite signings of the BB era.

Agreed

The 2020 FA singings were mostly a massive disaster and dump left by Ziegler and McDaniels. Will take some more time still to fix. A good 2023 draft will go a long way. Also rooting for Strange and Thornton to become twice as good as they were last year

Bryant and Richards are worse, but, I feel similar.

Back