Patriots get Devante Parker (Merged)

I still think the Pats will draft a WR, but with numbers on the current roster I think it'll increase the likelihood that they would take a prospect whose stock was dinged by injury, because they can afford to IR him, let him get healthy and "add value" in that way. I'm not thinking Jameson Williams any longer, but the odds on possibly taking John Metchie just improved. And Metchie is a pretty good slot prospect.

FWIW, I read a report that compared Georgia WR George Pickens to our new guy and stated "Parker was faster but equally reliant on finesse and length and started his NFL career slowly because of the adjustment (to NFL physicality)". Parker is 29, which means he should be close to his physical prime and has 7 years of experience. I've always thought he was pretty good on 3rd down and it turns out that he's made 235 1st downs among his 338 catches (70 %) to go with 24 TDs. Nothing dazzling, but he's tall and fast and has proven he's a competent NFL player, at least, and could click pretty well with Mac.

He's not an exciting add, but his addition tells me that we plan to move Agholor. If so, then that's a gain.
WR is still a need. Hopefully BB addresses it.

I don't know, from a PASSING perspective I can deal with this:

Parker/Jonnu/LT/LG/Andrews/RG/RT/Smith/Meyers/Bourne
MAC
or

Parker/Meyers/LT/LG/Andrews/RG/RT/Smith/Bourne
MAC
White

The combos and plays out of just two formations that look like (or close) to above are dizzying especially when you factor in MAC's ability to read and make the right choice quickly. Flip/change out the WR/TE all over the place. If Mac makes the read and the throw comes out fast we can get away with a developing OL.

I'm 1.5 glasses (there will be a 3rd) of a soft and feathery cab so take that into consideration...

Parker is better than Harry, but, he's lumped in with the others. #2's, #3's, and, #4's.
I disagree, Parker has proven to be a ligit #1 wr when healthy. Granted he hasn't been healthy much over the last couple of years, but what I think it does is buy time. We won't be looking wr in the 1st. Speed on defense needs to be the priority, if we can't stop the run, we isn't going matter much.

I disagree, Parker has proven to be a ligit #1 wr when healthy. Granted he hasn't been healthy much over the last couple of years, but what I think it does is buy time. We won't be looking wr in the 1st. Speed on defense needs to be the priority, if we can't stop the run, we isn't going matter much.
One draft will not solve all our issues. If there was ever draft for Bill to draft BPA every round it is this one. We need as many hits as possible.

Jeez Tommy, you ALWAYS speak your mind and I've admired that in you since way back in the rats days,. But hell man, but now you gone and got her laughing at you. coffee:

Cheers, ""toast:

Jeez Tommy, you ALWAYS speak your mind and I've admired that in you since way back in the rats days,. But hell man, but now you gone and got her laughing at you. coffee:

Cheers, ""toast:
Fortunately, I have certain people on ignore, and encourage the same, because the lack of one-note nonsense is a really nice way to de-stress one's life. If one thought WR was the #1 need on this team after watching all of last season, then I'm not entirely sure what you were watching. I had it behind LB, DT. CB, and Interior O Line BEFORE they got Parker. 🤷

Fortunately, I have certain people on ignore, and encourage the same, because the lack of one-note nonsense is a really nice way to de-stress one's life. If one thought WR was the #1 need on this team after watching all of last season, then I'm not entirely sure what you were watching. I had it behind LB, DT. CB, and Interior O Line BEFORE they got Parker. 🤷

WR is definitely last on the list now.

One draft will not solve all our issues. If there was ever draft for Bill to draft BPA every round it is this one. We need as many hits as possible.
It doesn't have to, so long as it makes the team better. The reality is you need to hit on at least two picks in each draft that become legit starters and then maybe a role player/eventual depth player. It doesn't sound like much but believe me, if you look back at draft history you'll be shocked that most teams can't do this consistently.

He is a #2. He had 1 year @ #1 stats. You must be recollecting that year. It's OK, I've done this a lot over the years.

Back