Patriots get Devante Parker (Merged)

I disagree, Parker has proven to be a ligit #1 wr when healthy. Granted he hasn't been healthy much over the last couple of years, but what I think it does is buy time. We won't be looking wr in the 1st. Speed on defense needs to be the priority, if we can't stop the run, we isn't going matter much.
Dolphin fans saw him as being a decent #3 or #4 for them this year if that tells you anything. He has been completely non-existent for a lot games throughout his career, regardless of who's throwing to him that shouldn't happen. Like to the point you wonder if he's even on the field. I think he'll have some great games for the Pats but he's much too inconsistent to be considered a #1 healthy or not IMHO. For what we traded for him though and with our luck drafting WR's I think it was a good trade overall, and a big upgrade over Harry.

Dolphin fans saw him as being a decent #3 or #4 for them this year if that tells you anything. He has been completely non-existent for a lot games throughout his career, regardless of who's throwing to him that shouldn't happen. Like to the point you wonder if he's even on the field. I think he'll have some great games for the Pats but he's much too inconsistent to be considered a #1 healthy or not IMHO. For what we traded for him though and with our luck drafting WR's I think it was a good trade overall, and a big upgrade over Harry.
Agreed....he is better than Harry. No doubt. Definitely NOT a #1 WR though. BB must love the outcasts...it might turn out to be OK though. So many OK weapons that they bore the defenders to sleep.

How is having a #1 quality WR vs a #2 quality CB any better matchup-wise than having a #2 quality WR against a #3 quality CB? You could argue that it's actually better, because the opposing team "wastes" their #1 quality CB against a #2 quality WR, resources they don't have available to use elsewhere.

How is having a #1 quality WR vs a #2 quality CB any better matchup-wise than having a #2 quality WR against a #3 quality CB? You could argue that it's actually better, because the opposing team "wastes" their #1 quality CB against a #2 quality WR, resources they don't have available to use elsewhere.
Why did BB way overpay for Nelson and Jonnu?

It has yet to be seen if the Patriots overpaid for Agholor and Jonnu. There could be a big difference in year 2 and beyond. With the crazy contracts being paid this year, those may seem a bargain.
Yup. But it's been almost not worth arguing this point here, as these "bad signings" are practically an article of faith at this point. Mills, too, hasn't yet been deployed as I understand was initially planned - a S/CB hybrid.

It has yet to be seen if the Patriots overpaid for Agholor and Jonnu. There could be a big difference in year 2 and beyond. With the crazy contracts being paid this year, those may seem a bargain.
Way, way overpaid. Why not just draft better players than Harry and Asiasi?

I don't get the hate on Mills to be honest. He's not a true corner and even then he was solid to good most of the season.

1649204338280.png

Also judging by the contract, considering the money being thrown around this year this seems pretty modest. He takes a whopping 2.9% from the cap this year.

Back