Patriots get Devante Parker (Merged)

I thought this was a belated cruel April Fool's joke.

Great acquisition to be honest. Big physical and reliable target for Mac. He can be that coveted number one receiver.

And per usual, BB fleeces another team. Basically picks swap for a pretty solid receiver from a rival.

I'm guessing Pats going all defense in the draft.

Now I'm waiting to see what the hold up is on bouncing N'Keal at this point.

Last edited:

WR Parker and a 5th for the Patriots' 3rd round pick. Dolphins recently acquired Tyreek Hill. Pats expect an extra 3rd round comp draft pick for losing JC Jackson.

Parker's stats have been up and down. Averages about 700 yards per season in his 7-year career. He's had one thousand yard season but also a couple dud 300 yard seasons.

To be balanced: the guy had Tua and Fitzpatrick throwing to him. So maybe he'll be better. On the flip side...career catch rate of 56% is honestly not good. Meyers catches 70% of his targets. Also the Pats whiffed on Sanu, and Parker actually has similar production as Sanu did coming in (a 700-800 yard receiver). So while it's a decent add, I'm not going to hold my breath that this guy is a 1000 yard receiver. It's more likely the Pats have 4 different WRs/TEs this year who put up between 500-800 yards each.

If anything I'm glad this probably means they won't waste time busting on another WR draft pick. So, that's a plus.

Last edited:
I thought this was a belated cruel April Fool's joke.

Great acquisition to be honest. Big physical and reliable target for Mac. He can be that coveted number one receiver.

And per usual, BB fleeces another team. Basically picks swap for a 100+ catch receiver in consecutive seasons.

I'm guessing Pats going all defense in the draft.

Now I'm waiting to see what the hold up is on bouncing N'Keal at this point.

Now trade Agholor and Harry, try to fill RG. Play Onwenu at RT, Trent Brown at LT, Wynn to LG. Offense will be ready to roll in both 2TE and also 3WR sets.

Parker will eat up 6M on the cap each of the next 2 years. [figure was updated]

They are set at WR with Parker, Meyers, and Bourne. Agholor has an albotross cap hit of $11M. Harry is useless. Since the Pats will play a ton of 2TE with Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry (and no FB), the Pats don't need to carry Agholor. Trade Agholor for a RG or NT.

Last edited:
It's a good pick up this. I think Bill has long been a fan and he always played well against us.

In 2019 he caught 72 passes for 1200+ yards. His QB was Fitz and offensive coordinator was former Pats receivers coach Chad O'Shea who ran a NE style offense according to Twitter.

Every snap last year below. He's an ok, not great, player. I think he'll drive Pats fans nuts - not great hands. He got completely shut down by JC Jackson in the video clip below. Looks like someone not elite at getting open or catching (the 2 most important WR skills). Yards after the catch is probably his greatest strength. The career 56% catch rate is poor, a combination of route-running plus hands both not elite levels. He doesn't win on the outside, most of his catches are slants or in-cuts against a soft zone. I think Bourne and Meyers are both better wide receivers than this guy after seeing all the plays below....

View: https://youtu.be/HPB3wG3jMFU

Last edited:
If he can just stay healthy. They still need to draft a WR early in the draft.

Now we gotta wait for the other shoe to drop or what contract adjustments Parker had to make to become a Patriot. Interesting.

Too many holes on defense. Need a CB1, ILB, NT, and then a RG.
Agree with this!
I'll personally take a strong D and a dominant O-Line, and make due with weapons we already have*, vs. a flashy WR with Mac getting sacked and D giving up "3rd down a infinity symbol" plays.
Protect Mac and pound the run game to control the clock.

* I'm hopeful James White will be "James White" this year.

Parker will eat up 9M on the cap each of the next 2 years.

They are set at WR with Parker, Meyers, and Bourne. Agholor has an albotross cap hit of $12M. Harry is useless. Since the Pats will play a ton of 2TE with Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry (and no FB), the Pats don't need to carry Agholor. Trade Agholor for a RG or NT.

No, they're not all set. They need a legit slot too. Parker is...OK I guess. He isn't amazing or awesome...but, OK.

Hell yeah! Im so much happier with him than Odell.

Back