Patriots Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isiah Wynn had 2 more penalties today. Last week also penalized. Wynn is definitely not worth his contract. Play Onwenu at RT and plug in Wynn or someone else at RG

Defense of what?

You never post any actual football comment. But felt the need (as you do) to get crabby. I will say again, Wynn had 2 more bad penalties today and he’s been having a poor September overall. Extremely undisciplined and flags now in multiple weeks. But the Mac injury was on Andrews getting overpowered.

You never post any actual football comment. But felt the need (as you do) to get crabby. I will say again, Wynn had 2 more bad penalties today and he’s been having a poor September overall. Extremely undisciplined and flags now in multiple weeks. But the Mac injury was on Andrews getting overpowered.
I'll repeat: defense of what? Of course, you never answer any legitimate questions. NE had 145 yards rushing and 321 yards passing for 466 total yards of offense. You don't get that with poor play by the oline as a group. There were frustrating and unnecessary penalties by the oline group at critical times, but that was not the main reason why the team lost. The primary reason involved the turnovers.

Last edited:
Yeah, the OL was absolutely not the reason they lost to Baltimore. They lost to Baltimore because they turned the ball over, what, three times (twice in scoring position), and the defense was atrocious on 3rd down. That's where the game was decided.

The OL pretty good, IMO. Still some sloppy communication issues but they seem to hold up well when they get their assignments sorted and get a hat-on-a-hat (as has been the case all season). The penalties have to be cleaned up, of course.

Yeah, Wyff isn't very good...

Yeah, the OL was absolutely not the reason they lost to Baltimore. They lost to Baltimore because they turned the ball over, what, three times (twice in scoring position), and the defense was atrocious on 3rd down. That's where the game was decided.

The OL pretty good, IMO. Still some sloppy communication issues but they seem to hold up well when they get their assignments sorted and get a hat-on-a-hat (as has been the case all season). The penalties have to be cleaned up, of course.
Yup

Yeah, the OL was absolutely not the reason they lost to Baltimore. They lost to Baltimore because they turned the ball over, what, three 4 times (twice in scoring position), and the defense was atrocious on 3rd down. That's where the game was decided.

FYP. It's worse than you thought. 3 ints + Agholor's fumble.
Turnover margin will be an important key for this team's success all year long, imo.
-2 yesterday.

Running game has been solid. If there’s been any positive it’s been a solid power running game. Pats should control the clock and run it 30+ times a game, and sprinkle in play action

FYP. It's worse than you thought. 3 ints + Agholor's fumble.
Turnover margin will be an important key for this team's success all year long, imo.
-2 yesterday.
I saw a stat to the effect of Mac's record as a starter when the turnover marfin was even was 1-1, and something close to undefeated when it was positive and 1-whatever when it was negative.

Rhambo needs moar carries. He's better than Harris is.

He is but they're both very good.
Stevenson is ranked 6th and Harris is 12th although Harris is a better receiver and pass blocker than Stevenson.
Both are ranked above Dalvin Cook, Josh Jacobs, Ekeler, Derek Henry, Jonathan Taylor and about 40 others.
It feels good having a running game esp with Mac going to Sx for his torn ligament.

Last edited:
Wynn has 6 penalties in the last 3 games.

Brian Hoyer knocked out in the 2nd series.

This OLine may get 90% of it right but is still a mess at keeping its QBs upright

This OLine may get 90% of it right but is still a mess at keeping its QBs upright
Look, this team has nothing to hang thieir heads about. They went into Greenbay and forced ot with a third string rookie. I don't know how anyone could expect more.

Look, this team has nothing to hang thieir heads about. They went into Greenbay and forced ot with a third string rookie. I don't know how anyone could expect more.

It’s a tough loss. That post was written shortly after Hoyer went down. Zappe played admirably but 2 Patriot QBs have been knocked out by this OLine

It’s a tough loss. That post was written shortly after Hoyer went down. Zappe played admirably but 2 Patriot QBs have been knocked out by this OLine
Get rid of Wynn and we will be better.

Get rid of Wynn and we will be better.

agree. Would trade Wynn now for… anything. We arent going to keep him so get some value back now, start Onwenu at RT and give someone a chance to prove themself at right guard.

Seems like Trent Brown has been playing well and Strange has played like a starting left guard. I missed who it was but who was it on the Hoyer hit? I know Mac’s hit was Andrews’ getting manhandled inside

Rewatched it. Hoyer was knocked out because Wynn completely whiffed on his guy and destroyed Hoyer.

So Wynn has had 6 penalties the last 3 games plus got his QB knocked out on the second drive

Then with 1 min left in the 2nd half the Zappe fumble was Wynn totally whiffing again and his guy wrecked Zappe leading to a fumble. Did anyone else notice Marcus Cannon was put in the 3rd quarter because Wynn was so terrible

Last edited:
Wynn hurt again. Forget this bum. Move Onwenu to RT permanently

Would have kept Shaq and Karras, traded Wynn, moved Onwenu to RT, freed up money trading Agholor, and spent the 1st on Dax or someone else on defense.

Isiah Wynn had 2 more penalties today. Last week also penalized. Wynn is definitely not worth his contract. Play Onwenu at RT and plug in Wynn or someone else at RG

Wynn has 6 penalties in 3 games

Oline has let 2 Patriot QBs get knocked out in the span of 3 offensive series

agree. Would trade Wynn now for… anything. We arent going to keep him so get some value back now, start Onwenu at RT and give someone a chance to prove themself at right guard.

Seems like Trent Brown has been playing well and Strange has played like a starting left guard. I missed who it was but who was it on the Hoyer hit? I know Mac’s hit was Andrews’ getting manhandled inside

Rewatched it. Hoyer was knocked out because Wynn completely whiffed on his guy and destroyed Hoyer.

So Wynn has had 6 penalties the last 3 games plus got his QB knocked out on the second drive

NEW! DKF repeated himself again. This could end up being th longest post ever.

"Pats are 1-3 behind the Jets in the division for the first time in a decade, 2 QBs knocked out within the span of 3 offensive drives, and here comes this clown poster again.

Wynn was total garbage, 6 penalties in 3 games, got Hoyer knocked out, and also whiffed causing the Zappe fumble. An A+ in your blind homer book, zero surprise"

deja-vu? Vu?

Last edited:

Then with 1 min left in the 2nd half the Zappe fumble was Wynn totally whiffing again and his guy wrecked Zappe leading to a fumble. Did anyone else notice Marcus Cannon was put in the 3rd quarter because Wynn was so terrible
How was the rest of the o line for the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back