Patriots Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wynn hurt again. Forget this bum. Move Onwenu to RT permanently

Maybe, maybe not. How the f*ck would you (or anyone not on the coaching staff) know from this article? They wouldn't and you don't.

PATRIOTS

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

• WR Jakobi Meyers, Knee
  • WR Ty Montgomery, Knee
  • OT Isaiah Wynn, Back

MIAMI

LIMITED PARTICIPATION

• RB Salvon Ahmed, Heel
  • T Terron Armstead, Not Injury Related - Vet Rest
  • TE Tanner Conner, Knee
  • RB Chase Edmonds, Groin
  • RB Myles Gaskin, Neck
  • FB Alec Ingold, Hamstring
  • LB Melvin Ingram, Not Injury Related - Vet Rest
  • CB Nik Needham, Quad
  • S Eric Rowe, Pectoral
  • LB Andrew Van Ginkel, Not Injury Related - Illness
  • WR Jaylen Waddle, Quad

34 year old Marcus Cannon just signed with the Pats. On their practice squad. Played a couple games in Houston last year before getting hurt

Good luck to the Pats. Looks like they’ll go with
Brown-Strange-Andrews-Onwenu-Wynn

Dolphins were the 2nd highest blitzing team last year. If this OLine can’t handle basic assignments early on then just ditch the stretch zone and go power. Also pull Wynn at any sign of terribleness and slide Onwenu to RT. Will be very interested to track how many runs blow up before the RB can even cross the LOS and how many QB pressures happen today in the passing game

Will be very interested to track how many runs blow up before the RB can even cross the LOS and how many QB pressures happen today in the passing game
I bet you are.

But not interested in anything successful, eh?

Yes, Wynn is a problem. He's been limited with a back issue, but I'm more concerned that he just isn't into it anymore. During the last preseason game we threw a pick and he didn't
even bother to give chase. I know it was preseason, but everybody else did. It was a distinctive lack of effort for a guy that has been on shaky ground for a while, but has an opportunity to turn
things around. I think he's got about a one in five chance of being solid in 2022 and suspect he'll be on a short leash. The worst part of his deal is that it may be preventing Onwenu from settling in at one position, which I sincerely hope is back to RT.

Chasen Hines is inactive today, but at some point I believe he'll take over at RG and the Brown-Strange-Andrews-Hines-Onwenu grouping will start gelling. More of less a guess there because there are a bunch of permutations possible but having faith in Wynn is getting to be a big reach.

However, Cole Strange seems to be developing fairly quickly and has the look of a quality Guard much earlier than many anticipated. Very athletic, quick, competitive and very good size. He's a rare talent that nobody should be worried about even if he struggles today. The kid will be fine.

The worst possible outcome was the OLine today allowing a blind side viscious hit on your prized QB’s back resulting in him needing immediate XRays after the game.

Yes, Wynn is a problem. He's been limited with a back issue, but I'm more concerned that he just isn't into it anymore. During the last preseason game we threw a pick and he didn't
even bother to give chase. I know it was preseason, but everybody else did. It was a distinctive lack of effort for a guy that has been on shaky ground for a while, but has an opportunity to turn
things around. I think he's got about a one in five chance of being solid in 2022 and suspect he'll be on a short leash. The worst part of his deal is that it may be preventing Onwenu from settling in at one position, which I sincerely hope is back to RT.

Chasen Hines is inactive today, but at some point I believe he'll take over at RG and the Brown-Strange-Andrews-Hines-Onwenu grouping will start gelling. More of less a guess there because there are a bunch of permutations possible but having faith in Wynn is getting to be a big reach.

However, Cole Strange seems to be developing fairly quickly and has the look of a quality Guard much earlier than many anticipated. Very athletic, quick, competitive and very good size. He's a rare talent that nobody should be worried about even if he struggles today. The kid will be fine.

Similar to how a prized talent like Mac can possibly get screwed up this year due to weird scheme changes, you have an all pro level blocker in Onwenu at risk of getting completely screwed up by not solidifying him at right tackle immediately

The worst possible outcome was the OLine today allowing a blind side viscious hit on your prized QB’s back resulting in him needing immediate XRays after the game.
LOL.

Way to show 100% you have no idea what you are talking about.

But you can you figure out why you have no idea what you are talking about. Take your time. Google that play. Watch it a few more times and then get back to us.

If you STILL can't figure it out, I will tell you.

I promise.

LOL.

But you can you figure out why you have no idea what you are talking about. Take your time. Google that play. Watch it a few more times and then get back to us.

LOL. :rofl: :rofl:

Boy, you can say that again! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't believe that was the hit that injured him. I think it was the high/low hit that happened prior when he got up gimpy and started to walk to the sideline.

I don't believe that was the hit that injured him. I think it was the high/low hit that happened prior when he got up gimpy and started to walk to the sideline.

Thanks I might have missed that. I heard it was 2 in a row. Does anyone have a clip or is it on twitter anywhere. Very concerning if the crappy OLine already wrecked our prized QB and also the season. Pay up some major $ and get Popovich or Scar back here immediately, Fat Matt is already overwhelmed learning how to playcall while also failing as an OLine coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back