Patriots Offensive Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to Mac Jones for playing excellent despite the worst pass blocking OLine in the entire league.

6 sacks and 8 QB hits is pathetic by the OLine

Is it a talent issue or coaching issue? We are pretty far into this season and not seeing any improvement. Losing Andrews makes the uphill challenge even steeper.

Is it a talent issue or coaching issue? We are pretty far into this season and not seeing any improvement. Losing Andrews makes the uphill challenge even steeper.

Talent, coaching and lack of will (Wynn).

Coaching can positively impact the output of lesser talented groups. That is what good coaches do.

We are not seeing it.

I agr
Kudos to Mac Jones for playing excellent despite the worst pass blocking OLine in the entire league.

6 sacks and 8 QB hits is pathetic by the OLine
I agree, 85% was impressive, well above his average in some crappy conditions.

And while some of the sacks were frustrating, at least he didn’t do what he did earlier in the year, try to make a panicked tight pass resulting in an INT. Needs to learn to throw it away when possible, think he can get there.

Anyone here think BB doesn't see the problem and won't fix it first chance he gets?
He screwed up last spring. He signed Wynn but let two starting guards go. Could have let Wynn go and kept a guard and then drafted a tackle.

I see a person that needs help on the roster construction but his ego is so big it's costing the team. I bet Kraft is questioning this teams construction.
Also he has given the OC job to his best buddy who has zero experience , again not good for the team.

Does anyone know what is going on with Trent Brown? BB said yesterday it was a "coaching decision" to leave him out.

What is going on there?

I agr

I agree, 85% was impressive, well above his average in some crappy conditions.

And while some of the sacks were frustrating, at least he didn’t do what he did earlier in the year, try to make a panicked tight pass resulting in an INT. Needs to learn to throw it away when possible, think he can get there.

I am fine with Mac, he played excellent. To your last point, I think that's also on the play-design and offensive staff. Give Mac a hot read on every single play if there is pressure. Look at his plays, there is no WR or TE or RB available if sh-t hits the fan within 1 second of the snap. I'd rather Mac take a sack than intentional grounding. Mac should always have a hot read to get it out FAST if the OLine continues to suck. Last year Mac Jones was deadly/elite under blitz pressure, this year it's different with crappy Judge, Rothstein, and Patricia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back