Patriots Offseason 2022

This reads like Brandon Bolden is done playing

FJWRfvqXIAAOhhE

Reads as very real and heartfelt.

Here's the problem the Pats had with covering Josh Allen's passes and runs according to Evan Lazar. (But we all saw it)

View: https://twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1483229965999038473

The #Patriots don’t have the coverage guys to play man without help defenders (robbers) and they don’t have the coverage LBs to play zone and they didn’t have the pass rush to get home with four. Hell on a football field. (Lazar)

One thing I was cranked about at the start of the season was that we had a relative ton of guys that could rush the passer.

I think we saw that Barmore can rush quite effectively, but neither Guy, Davis, Godchaux or Wise can. Henry Anderson was part of the plan, but he was IR'd after
a slow start. However, the roster was stocked with edge guys that can rush in Winovich, Uche, Judon and, potentially, Perkins. Maybe throw KVN in, too.

So.......among those edge guys it seems we had a couple of guys who barely play, a Judon who was allegedly impaired by Covid late and Jamie Collins who looks
great once in a great while and lost most of time.

When we drafted Perkins, I wondered why we would add yet another edge/tweener type when it would appear we've already addressed the position adequately.

We weren't constructed as a team that can rush with our DL, unlike teams like SF who invested very heavily in that position over the course of a half-dozen years with
Armstead, Buckner, Solomon Thomas, Bosa and Javon Kinlaw. Such strategies have seemed to pay off for them, at least right now, and begs the question of how important
edge rushers really are and why we've invested so much there with little to show for it. Granted, the jury is still out on Uche and Perkins, but certainly we couldn't
generate enough heat and will likely need to go back to that well again.

If we draft another 6'4" 250 guy this year then I'll want to scream. Enough, already.

I saw the following, on WEEI, and it was pretty cool. At the end of the playoff game, Damien Harris and coach Ivan Fears had a good short conversation, full of love and positive comments:

I liked it, and you might, too

This could be layperson BS speculation, but I wanted to toss it out there.

1. Any chance BB reevaluates the strength/conditioning program (particularly for the defensive front -7)? They just look antiquated out there. Stocky, massive thighs and asses, very downhill, angular, strong in a straight line,

2. Semi-related to #1: Do we have any idea of when they feed the team before games?
Both 1 and 2 are interesting takes.
In regards to 1, Evan Lazar thinks the BB style of power style roster construction can still work provided you add a lot of CB talent like 2018. Also replace a LB or two with younger players. The problem could be finding those big LBs anymore. Buffalo is a speed defense and that would require a total reconstruction. The Evan and Alex show is available on YouTube.

On a different subject, Alex thought Patricia's defensive calls were showing up on the field. Where have I heard that before?

BB should have kept Berrios to succeed Edelman. That would have solved the slot problem. I still don't fully understand that move.
Now I have to find another one.
Think Berrios is a FA this year.

Bill Belichick Gives Mac Jones, Patriots Rookie Class Positive Final Review​

Review

Since there is the new player safety rule where CBs can not go low on pulling Olinemen, doesn't that benefit the existing teams that have speed defenses?
The BB style of defense may be obsolete by rule.

Both 1 and 2 are interesting takes.
In regards to 1, Evan Lazar thinks the BB style of power style roster construction can still work provided you add a lot of CB talent like 2018. Also replace a LB or two with younger players. The problem could be finding those big LBs anymore. Buffalo is a speed defense and that would require a total reconstruction. The Evan and Alex show is available on YouTube.

On a different subject, Alex thought Patricia's defensive calls were showing up on the field. Where have I heard that before?
:hello:

I'm not saying I'm the only one......but.....

The #Patriots don’t have the coverage guys to play man without help defenders (robbers) and they don’t have the coverage LBs to play zone and they didn’t have the pass rush to get home with four. Hell on a football field. (Lazar)

One thing I was cranked about at the start of the season was that we had a relative ton of guys that could rush the passer.

I think we saw that Barmore can rush quite effectively, but neither Guy, Davis, Godchaux or Wise can. Henry Anderson was part of the plan, but he was IR'd after
a slow start. However, the roster was stocked with edge guys that can rush in Winovich, Uche, Judon and, potentially, Perkins. Maybe throw KVN in, too.

So.......among those edge guys it seems we had a couple of guys who barely play, a Judon who was allegedly impaired by Covid late and Jamie Collins who looks
great once in a great while and lost most of time.

When we drafted Perkins, I wondered why we would add yet another edge/tweener type when it would appear we've already addressed the position adequately.

We weren't constructed as a team that can rush with our DL, unlike teams like SF who invested very heavily in that position over the course of a half-dozen years with
Armstead, Buckner, Solomon Thomas, Bosa and Javon Kinlaw. Such strategies have seemed to pay off for them, at least right now, and begs the question of how important
edge rushers really are and why we've invested so much there with little to show for it. Granted, the jury is still out on Uche and Perkins, but certainly we couldn't
generate enough heat and will likely need to go back to that well again.

If we draft another 6'4" 250 guy this year then I'll want to scream. Enough, already.

More like Barmore on the front 4

View: https://twitter.com/DougKyed/status/1483476165046194178

Don't shortchange the lack of development of receivers. Harry is obvious but I expected a lot more from Meyers & TE Jonnu this past season, too.
Jonnu did spend some time hurt this year, and I also believe he's more of a run blocker than a receiver.

I listened to Bills presser and my god does he love Bolden! A reporter asked about his play all season and made the mistake of saying his good play was a surprise...Bill then said he disagreed, (was quite forceful about it), with that and said nobody in that team, any player or coach was surprised at Brandon's play. He said he is consistent day in and day out and he was doing this kind of role before James White got there...
Consistently slow. I agree... :coffee:

judon's low snap counts after he returned from covid definitely suggest he was suffering in some physical way. energy and endurance
Okay, so I'm recovering from COVID currently, and this is a real thing. It's been about 4 weeks since my diagnosis, and I can't get through reading a story to my kids without getting winded, never mind a flight of stairs.

That said, I know others who had a tough case and seemed to come back with no serious effects...

Okay, so I'm recovering from COVID currently, and this is a real thing. It's been about 4 weeks since my diagnosis, and I can't get through reading a story to my kids without getting winded, never mind a flight of stairs.

That said, I know others who had a tough case and seemed to come back with no serious effects...
Ditto. I got it on Dec 12th. Only this week do I feel like my old self. Was totally wiped out, feeling like crap with taste and smell gone. Falling asleep if I ate even a small snack. The wife caught it a week after me and she is now suffering from horrible dizzy spells and is still very fatigued.

Back