Patriots Offseason 2022

looking forward at 2022. We can all see that this team is still being built for the future. That being said with all the coaching talk about who run this or whos fault is that, who says the coaching isn't in transition also with all the turnover they have had in the past years. To me it works just like bringing players in every year.
This. It seems like every year to turnover is around 30%. Not just the Pats but pretty much most teams.

Any old-timers remember Donald Hayes? A burner we got from Carolina? Nice guy, coachable by all accounts, but just not the same guy as he had been with the Panthers. There was some speculation he didn't grasp the playbook, but still a disappointment.

I have been intimating fro a while that Smith might not have the play book down.

It would explain a LOT.

Any old-timers remember Donald Hayes? A burner we got from Carolina? Nice guy, coachable by all accounts, but just not the same guy as he had been with the Panthers. There was some speculation he didn't grasp the playbook, but still a disappointment.
Ocho Stinko? And a few moar...

A really, really good read. Short and to the point.

Here is a five-step plan for the Patriots to attack the 2022 offseason and build on this seasons’ successes:

1. Keep Mac Jones in the Weight Room and Get Him With Tom House ASAP (or at least the weight room. I have no issue with Mac's mechanics.)

2. The Hunt for Mac’s No. 1 Weapon: The Most Important Personnel Upgrade Moving Forward (We all see this need)

3. Make a Philosophical Decision About the Teams’ Scheme in the Front Seven (Evan packs a lot of knowledge in this segment)

4. Pay or Tag CB J.C. Jackson and Pair Him With Another Elite Man Corner (Playing a street FA won't work against most teams)

5. McDaniels’s Offseason Project: Install Elements of the Alabama Playbook (Sounds weird but it makes sense to use the spread with RPOs. IF Josh leaves why not bring Bill O'Brien, Bama's OC, back to Gillette?)

Last edited:
Lazar has been super prolific the last few days. The guy thinks like we do.
Another good article that saves me the trouble.

There was a lot thought that went into this. Lazar and Miguel have answers for tough questions. Listen intently.

You could really say this about a dozen wrs we either drafted or picked up in FA over the last 20 years. I think it's clear that Bill doesn't value the position the way other GM's do, and if looking at it objectively I guess we can't say it hurt us in the grand scheme of things. What will be interesting to see is if that philosophy had more to do with his faith in Brady to get more from less or it's just the way he views the position.

A really, really good read. Short and to the point.

Here is a five-step plan for the Patriots to attack the 2022 offseason and build on this seasons’ successes:

1. Keep Mac Jones in the Weight Room and Get Him With Tom House ASAP (or at least the weight room. I have no issue with Mac's mechanics.)

2. The Hunt for Mac’s No. 1 Weapon: The Most Important Personnel Upgrade Moving Forward (We all see this need)

3. Make a Philosophical Decision About the Teams’ Scheme in the Front Seven (Evan packs a lot of knowledge in this segment)

4. Pay or Tag CB J.C. Jackson and Pair Him With Another Elite Man Corner (Playing a street FA won't work against most teams)

5. McDaniels’s Offseason Project: Install Elements of the Alabama Playbook (Sounds weird but it makes sense to use the spread with RPOs. IF Josh leaves why not bring Bill O'Brien, Bama's OC, back to Gillette?)

I don't disagree with any of these but in my mind you're missing the largest issue with this team. The Patriots were 24th in yards given up on the ground, and we aren't doing anything next year if that doesn't change. I don't care about Wr's, O-line, Macs development, none of it's going to matter if we can't stop the run. Our LB's are all old and slow, we need to entirely revamp the that position.

Add me to the list of people that want a true No. 1 WR who can fly, get open and catch the tough ones to make our offense go.

We don't need to scrap the current depth chart, but one guy that can dictate coverage and draw a top DB (or a couple) would change
the fortunes of our current guys for the better. Sure, we need to replace Hightower and add DBs as top priorities, but I'm not sure
if there is a single more important element to add to take advantage of Mac's unique skillset and benefit the entire team.

One guy-- the right guy --- could make that offense go and I think Belichick will agree, for a change. We'll see how that goes. It's time
for opponents to fear our air game and, in the process, open up the ground game, too. Too many teams still live in the box against us
and I've had enough of that to last me for a while.

I don't disagree with any of these but in my mind you're missing the largest issue with this team. The Patriots were 24th in yards given up on the ground, and we aren't doing anything next year if that doesn't change. I don't care about Wr's, O-line, Macs development, none of it's going to matter if we can't stop the run. Our LB's are all old and slow, we need to entirely revamp the that position.
100٪...they never stopped the run, ever, all year.

Add me to the list of people that want a true No. 1 WR who can fly, get open and catch the tough ones to make our offense go.

We don't need to scrap the current depth chart, but one guy that can dictate coverage and draw a top DB (or a couple) would change
the fortunes of our current guys for the better. Sure, we need to replace Hightower and add DBs as top priorities, but I'm not sure
if there is a single more important element to add to take advantage of Mac's unique skillset and benefit the entire team.

One guy-- the right guy --- could make that offense go and I think Belichick will agree, for a change. We'll see how that goes. It's time
for opponents to fear our air game and, in the process, open up the ground game, too. Too many teams still live in the box against us
and I've had enough of that to last me for a while.
Do you really expect Bill to do this? I ask because I don't think Bill looks at Agahlor as a failure and does see him as a #1. He is paying him a boat load of money. I mean he is not going to shell out the money for Adams or Godwin after paying Agahlor, Bourne, Henry and Smith. I desperately want this offense to be more dynamic with true speed guys who are versatile in the mold of a Samuels or any of the guys on the Cards. That is what this offense needs, more speed, more versatility to contend with the other elite AFC teams. I have been saying this since last offseason. Gone are the days where you can with with defense vs these high octane offenses. You have to fight fire with fire. I don't know, maybe Bill will surprise and go off script but I think the first 3 picks of the draft are going to be defense and I don't see a big FA splash at all like last year. My hope is they somehow keep Jackson.

No one is missing the D. We've been talking about it all year after every game. I expect BB sees it if we do. IBIT.

Do you really expect Bill to do this? I ask because I don't think Bill looks at Agahlor as a failure and does see him as a #1. He is paying him a boat load of money. I mean he is not going to shell out the money for Adams or Godwin after paying Agahlor, Bourne, Henry and Smith. I desperately want this offense to be more dynamic with true speed guys who are versatile in the mold of a Samuels or any of the guys on the Cards. That is what this offense needs, more speed, more versatility to contend with the other elite AFC teams. I have been saying this since last offseason. Gone are the days where you can with with defense vs these high octane offenses. You have to fight fire with fire. I don't know, maybe Bill will surprise and go off script but I think the first 3 picks of the draft are going to be defense and I don't see a big FA splash at all like last year. My hope is they somehow keep Jackson.
DRAFT!!!!

Back