Patriots Planet is...

I love this place, cheers.

103312152_d09c424ee9.jpg

Great post UT! I think this is a great place! Everyone I have met from here has been awesome which is amazing for it being the internet and all. Some of you (you know who u are) I would do anything for.

This is a great community where you can get advice when needed from people that have all been through something. Internet is full of freaks and weirdos and it is nice to be able to come here and deal with some normal people, well as normal as we can be :) We all have our freakish and weirdo ways but in a good way :)

wuv

This is what this thread reminded me of:

(and i dont mean this in a bad way at all)

<object width="425" height="373"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhEQ066WDAA&rel=1&border=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nhEQ066WDAA&rel=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="373"></embed></object>

*mikiemo83 on 01-02-2008 at 11:23 AM said:

LOL well then make sure you are not watching with me cause I'll be damned if I am gonna get up and get you beer n food and miss the game! Get it yourself! :D

The easygoing nature of this board is what makes it great. It's a community. And it's just small enough so that it's not overwhelming. If people want to get technical about football, there are threads for it; if people want to talk about stupid sh*t, there are threads for it; if people want to flirt and talk sex... well, that's in every thread, LOL.

But a couple of things I'd like to add, as my ten suggestions:

1.) If you think this place is only for Patriots fans, GFY.

2.) If you post an assclown poll, you better make it for a real assclown, not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. Or GFY.

3.) If you don't contribute to the Girlie Pic thread, or at least post a hot chick SOMEWHERE at SOME point... GFY. (Memberless members... there IS a Beefcake Thread. It's not our fault you're all not as judicious about keeping it up--near the top of the board--as we are with the GP thread.) :D

4.) Don't #&@% with the clown. As Bruce Banner said, "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." ROFL

5.) While this is not a democracy, sometimes you CAN glean some information from the majority. So if everyone's riding your a@@ about something, take a good long look at it. Like 9 out of 10 dentists who recommend sugarless gum, if 9 out of 10 people think you're an a@@, then you just might be, LOL.

6.) Everyone should take turns putting on the waders and putting a clothespin on their nose and wandering through the AA, if only to keep feeding the denizens the occasional morsel of a thread or post to keep them alive. :D

7.) Don't joke about Tatum and Stingley.

8.) "Manning vs. Brady" is a nauseatingly overtalked subject. They like their guy better, we like our guy better, end of story. They've both won Super Bowls, and they're both going into Canton on the first ballot. Deal with it.

9.) Don't post 8 times and then whine about the quality of the board. It's annoying.

10.) Don't make up multiple screen names just to be troublesome. It's annoying.

JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 01:46 PM said:
The easygoing nature of this board is what makes it great. It's a community. And it's just small enough so that it's not overwhelming. If people want to get technical about football, there are threads for it; if people want to talk about stupid sh*t, there are threads for it; if people want to flirt and talk sex... well, that's in every thread, LOL.

But a couple of things I'd like to add, as my ten suggestions:

1.) If you think this place is only for Patriots fans, GFY.

2.) If you post an assclown poll, you better make it for a real assclown, not just any Tom, Dick, or Harry. Or GFY.

3.) If you don't contribute to the Girlie Pic thread, or at least post a hot chick SOMEWHERE at SOME point... GFY. (Memberless members... there IS a Beefcake Thread. It's not our fault you're all not as judicious about keeping it up--near the top of the board--as we are with the GP thread.) :D

4.) Don't #&@% with the clown. As Bruce Banner said, "Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry." ROFL

5.) While this is not a democracy, sometimes you CAN glean some information from the majority. So if everyone's riding your a@@ about something, take a good long look at it. Like 9 out of 10 dentists who recommend sugarless gum, if 9 out of 10 people think you're an a@@, then you just might be, LOL.

6.) Everyone should take turns putting on the waders and putting a clothespin on their nose and wandering through the AA, if only to keep feeding the denizens the occasional morsel of a thread or post to keep them alive. :D

7.) Don't joke about Tatum and Stingley.

8.) "Manning vs. Brady" is a nauseatingly overtalked subject. They like their guy better, we like our guy better, end of story. They've both won Super Bowls, and they're both going into Canton on the first ballot. Deal with it.

9.) Don't post 8 times and then whine about the quality of the board. It's annoying.

10.) Don't make up multiple screen names just to be troublesome. It's annoying.

11.) DON'T piss off/scare away the women members we already have here even if they are fans of rival teams....you never know when one of them might will get crazy and post some juicy pics of themselves or their girl-friends or themselves and their girl-friends

Planet Man-Law™®

JD10367 on 01-02-2008 at 06:46 PM said:

Re 3. I was just going to mention that. No objections to girlie pics generally as long as it's reciprocal. Now where is that thread . . .

Re 9. How many posts do I have to make before I get to tell you everything that you need to fix about your board? ;)

I like the easy going attitude and the sense of humour here.

OT why is it that Mr Cat says I can only 'play away from home' if it's with another girlie and I bring him back a video?

Thanks UT. This thread could have ended with your post (thanks Dchester for the suggestion) and it would have been sufficient. I would have liked to have seen this a few months ago when I found this great place to hang out in at the beginning and end of my days (OK middle of the day when I can show movies in my classroom and have no correcting to do)...

The Planet is.......A place I visit from time to time because of how it has evolved, for me it's less enjoyable at times for me to hang.

It has evolved into something that I will not put my finger on...........why bother.

My free advise to others is this.....................it is simply a message board nothing more and nothing less.

Undertaker #59* on 01-01-2008 at 07:31 PM said:
A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in making money (though we probably could). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

Thanks, Mr Undertaker. It is pretty much how I thought the board was meant to be from my limited observations. I like to know as not everywhere is so free and easy about what is posted (within reason limits of taste and decency) and it is nice not to be beaten by Forum Police for posting *gasp* off topic.

Undertaker #59* on 01-01-2008 at 02:31 PM said:
A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in making money (though we probably could). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

:thumb: :with: o:)

RoadGrader on 01-02-2008 at 02:12 PM said:
[11.) DON'T piss off/scare away the women members we already have here even if they are fans of rival teams....you never know when one of them might will get crazy and post some juicy pics of themselves or their girl-friends or themselves and their girl-friends

Planet Man-Law™®
/B]

Man Law!!!!

e4ca91c3f04f0e9f1aa06971db1a063d.jpg

Back