Patriots Planet is...

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
A community. A place to have fun while talking about the Patriots or nearly anything else. We are not interested in being the largest Patriots forum (though we actually were for a little while). We are not interested in flame wars (but if you are, we have a forum for it called the Assclown Asylum.) That is not to say serious discussion is not allowed. There are plenty of thoughtful threads about both football and non-football subjects.

Check out the Classic Thread forum for some serious and not so serious discussion and a general feel for what OT posts on Patriots Planet can be like.

What we are interested in is entertainment. Most of the returning members stay here because it is fun. There is plenty of football conversation and a lot of sarcasm and jokes. We welcome anyone with similar tastes, Patriots fan or not.

If you come here to troll or to start trouble, we will wash our hands of you quickly. This is a private board, there is no right to free speech. The board is generally run by the community and not by the moderators.

(this thread was inspired by Dchester's suggestion that there be a link for smack talk. I thought it could also serve as a general summary of Patriots Planet. We'll sticky this so it can be ignored by almost everyone, but in case a new user stumbles in here, you now know what we are about)

Last edited by a moderator:
If we had rep points here, this post would get huge amounts.

Speaking for myself, thank you for this board. The Patriots are a big part of my life, and now I have a place to go on a daily basis to hang out with fellow Pats fans. I started visiting message boards in 2001, but could never find one devoted to the Pats. One of the best things that happened to me in this internet era was finding this web site.

Thank you 1000 times. ;)

Preach it, brotha!
112237__desmond_l.jpg

I agree this tailgate around the topic of football, but not restricted to it, is what makes the planet what it is.

I love how members seriously begin to care for each other making an anonymous board more of a family

thank you for this

Patriots Planet is...Batman's Metropolis run amok, inhabited by Scary Clowns, doll toting Road Graders, riddlers, jokers, penguins (from South Carolina via Montana no less), CIA assassins, Canadian terror groups, ale swilling cats, Aroostook seperatists, California beach bums, Sierra Nevada rough riders, etc. There's even episodes in Bizarro mode!

Box_O_Rocks on 01-01-2008 at 03:40 PM said:
Patriots Planet is...Batman's Metropolis run amok, inhabited by Scary Clowns, doll toting Road Graders, riddlers, jokers, penguins (from South Carolina via Montana no less), CIA assassins, Canadian terror groups, ale swilling cats, Aroostook seperatists, California beach bums, Sierra Nevada rough riders, etc. There's even episodes in Bizarro mode!

You forgot to mention the Ninja Monkey Assassins (or whatever they is called) and Zombies.

I'd like to add one thing if I may.

As you will note from the decor, many of the thread titles, most of the members' avatars and/or sigs, and the freakin' DOMAIN NAME, this is a board composed primarily of fans of the New England Patriots.

Thus, you should in no way be surprised, taken aback, or offended when members slam you for saying negative things about the New England Patriots.

You don't have to like the Patriots to hang here (some of our most active members are Colts fans, fer cryin' out loud), but if you're just going to come on here and say "Patriots suck they're just a bunch of cheaters" you shouldn't be all :eek: when members reply to you like :4321: .

It's not that hard to understand, you'd think... :banghead:

Box_O_Rocks on 01-01-2008 at 12:40 PM said:

I'll have you know that I renounced my membership in any Canadian so-called "terrorist" groups a long time ago. Jeez. You get involved in one little armed standoff, and you get labeled. Sigh...

TrueBeliever on 01-01-2008 at 04:30 PM said:
You don't have to like the Patriots to hang here (some of our most active members are Colts fans, fer cryin' out loud), but if you're just going to come on here and say "Patriots suck they're just a bunch of cheaters" you shouldn't be all :eek: when members reply to you like :4321: .

It's not that hard to understand, you'd think... :banghead:
but the regular posters that are not pats fans for the most part don't, you can't lynch a mob when only one moroon is chanting

*mikiemo83 on 01-01-2008 at 05:40 PM said:
but the regular posters that are not pats fans for the most part don't, you can't lynch a mob when only one moroon is chanting
Actually I would disagree with that. I think a lot of the non Pats fan posters that are regulars are quite critical of the Pats and seem to take the most offense when Pats fans circle the wagons to defend their team.

But they are entitled to speak their minds and should expect to have their opinions disagreed with quite agressively. It is first and foremost a Pats board. With incredibly smart and talented Pats posters.

Claremonster on 01-01-2008 at 04:43 PM said:
I'll have you know that I renounced my membership in any Canadian so-called "terrorist" groups a long time ago. Jeez. You get involved in one little armed standoff, and you get labeled. Sigh...
Maybe, but when you barricade yourselves in a strip club demanding Yankee-style "paper" dollars to replace the loonie, it gets noticed. Accursed subversives. :soapbox:

#54 on 01-01-2008 at 04:24 PM said:
You forgot to mention the Ninja Monkey Assassins (or whatever they is called) and Zombies.
The Zombies are no threat to the forum, which may say something about the prevalence of brain treats here. As for the NMA, it's in "my" best interest not to mention those ladies.

*mikiemo83 on 01-01-2008 at 04:40 PM said:

I give up. :banghead:

That was a great piece, UT... But you forgot to mention that attractive memberless members are especially encouraged to post here... And how they will be living goddesses forever if they post naughty pictures of themselves! :D

Oh, and that we have the HOTTEST girlie-pic thread this side of the Mississippi! :thumb:

I have a home so this doesn't sound right.......but the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe the planet is.........home...:shrug: wuv

chiefsgal* on 01-01-2008 at 09:48 PM said:
I have a home so this doesn't sound right.......but the only word that comes to mind when trying to describe the planet is.........home...:shrug: wuv

Thank you for this thread, UT (and props to dchester for the recommendation)!

I, too, consider this place "home". In fact, it's the only message board I post on. I visit others, just to see if I'm missing anything, but nothing compares to the Planet.

I love our diversity, humor, fun shots at each other, good-natured ribbing about our teams, and how we all band together to help each other out, when needed.

Like all families, we sometimes let things get out of hand, but then the patriarch (the esteemed mods) step in and quickly right the ship.

Kudos to them, and to all the good posters here, regardless of your fan affiliation!

Back