Patriots select Christain Gonzalez with the #17th pick.

Bedard, 985, EEI spewing diahhrea today about Gonzalez.

There is NOTHING wrong with this kid. It was a home run pick.

Occam’s Razor. He’s the youngest kid in the draft. That is it. Period. This is why he dropped a bit. Don’t be making up holes about his game or fake rumors about his character.

As a player this guy is an eager and sure tackler. His stats back it up. Also the best press man CB in the draft. As a person, he’s a reliable quiet durable leader by example. Adrian Klemm knows him extremely well.

Ignore the crap today. Christian Gonzalez was an absolute steal at #17 because he was the youngest athlete by age in the entire draft. That is it.

Gonzalez is in the house!

Fu0Y4iMWwAkjnbP

View: https://twitter.com/mikekadlick/status/1652060346092273664

I randomly woke up just as the Pats were on the clock. I'm really chuffed that we picked Gonzalez - one of the few potential "blue chips" in this draft.

I'm not wowed that we didn't take players for the offence on Day 2. However, I've heard that this WR class isn't that good and that serviceable OTs can be found later.

Taking White partly "future proofs" either or both Judon and Uche leaving and Marte (?) apparently has real potential and versatility. He may also be insurance if Dugger gets a better offer elsewhere. If so, it's good that they're planning for the future.

I randomly woke up just as the Pats were on the clock. I'm really chuffed that we picked Gonzalez - one of the few potential "blue chips" in this draft.

I'm not wowed that we didn't take players for the offence on Day 2. However, I've heard that this WR class isn't that good and that serviceable OTs can be found later.

Taking White partly "future proofs" either or both Judon and Uche leaving and Marte (?) apparently has real potential and versatility. He may also be insurance if Dugger gets a better offer elsewhere. If so, it's good that they're planning for the future.
That was a well thought out and comprehensive analysis of the first 2 days of the draft. It was so good in fact that it makes me think that it might have been ghost written by Mrs Cat.:cool:

That was a well thought out and comprehensive analysis of the first 2 days of the draft. It was so good in fact that it makes me think that it might have been ghost written by Mrs Cat.:cool:
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds nuts, as they say.

There's a good comment on Reddit which points out that you have to evaluate draftees against NFL players. When you do that, the WRs look "meh" and the OTs were probably no better than the current veterans on the roster.

I think you also have to look a year ahead. For example, apparently, next year's QB class is much better and they will have had an extra year to evaluate Jones and Zappe.

Edit: my opinions are shamelessly plagiarised from Patriots Unfiltered, Catch 22 and some of the less "loud, shouty media" - people like Evan Lazar who actually seem to look at tape properly.

Speedy's father was a 6-9 college basketball player in Texas. He went on to p,ay semi-pro basketball in Columbia. Two of his sisters were All American track stars in college.
The athletic genes run in that family.

Seems Gonzalez will benefit from some hard coaching.

Back