Patriots vs Bills 8:15 Amazon Prime Game Thread

So, we got killed by Buffalo, again, and are not competitive with them at the moment. It was a tough night all around and there is
a lot of anger that needs to be vented, but I would ask that people try to find a way to do it productively. If that description fits you, then you
should try rein yourself in a little, because it isn't fun and it isn't really honest, either. It's a little embarrassing to see people coming unglued
because their sports team didn't win.

I'm not going to support the "everything sucks" people. Not now or ever. The people who can't handle what it really is to be a sports fan.
I know quite a few of them at the moment. When you're so pissed off that you resort to pitching a general hissy fit in all directions then you
really don't deserve to be heard or taken seriously. To those, I'd say try to have some perspective and grow the hell up. Have some respect
for others and for yourself, too.

I keep hearing people talking about FACTS and here's one:

The gap between the top and the bottom of the NFL isn't nearly as wide as freshly pissed-off fans claim it is. In FACT it is a couple of players,
a couple of injuries, a couple of plays. It's narrow as hell and gets narrower every season.

We have a couple of problem areas that are so bad that we can't escape the middle at the moment and I'm ready to face the fact that we can't turn
it around this season, but if you can't see the good stuff then you are either blinded by emotion or aren't really paying attention.

One good offseason and we can certainly be a contender again.

I'll be here next year and am excited for the future of this team. I'm not falling over sideways because we got our asses kicked or our
postseason bubble just burst. People seem shocked by that fact, but they shouldn't be.

Well.....let's not go OTT. Mac is not blameless this season, let's cut the myth building.

Here's what not a myth, that you have a quarterback who was able to play well enough to get the starting job as a rookie, have the best rookie season of all the quarterbacks drafted ahead of him, make the pro bowl and show enough promise to give the franchise that there was hope after Brady, basically looks like a shell of himself in his second year. Has Mac Jones really regressed that much because of his talent level, both mentally and physically, or is it because he and the rest of the offense are suffering from crappy hires made by the head coach? I'll hang up and listen...

We have a couple of problem areas that are so bad that we can't escape the middle at the moment and I'm ready to face the fact that we can't turn
it around this season, but if you can't see the good stuff then you are either blinded by emotion or aren't really paying attention.

100%. Much good getting dragged by a couple of "problem areas".

So, we got killed by Buffalo, again, and are not competitive with them at the moment. It was a tough night all around and there is
a lot of anger that needs to be vented, but I would ask that people try to find a way to do it productively. If that description fits you, then you
should try rein yourself in a little, because it isn't fun and it isn't really honest, either. It's a little embarrassing to see people coming unglued

I'm not going to support the "everything sucks" people. Not now or ever. The people who can't handle what it really is to be a sports fan.
I know quite a few of them at the moment. When you're so pissed off that you resort to pitching a general hissy fit in all directions then you
really don't deserve to be heard or taken seriously. To those, I'd say try to have some perspective and grow the hell up. Have some respect

The gap between the top and the bottom of the NFL isn't nearly as wide as freshly pissed-off fans claim it is. In FACT it is a couple of players,
a couple of injuries, a couple of plays. It's narrow as hell and gets narrower every season.

I'll be here next year and am excited for the future of this team. I'm not falling over sideways because we got our asses kicked or our
postseason bubble just burst. People seem shocked by that fact, but they shouldn't be.

^^^this^^^ is waaay too reasonble a mature take, my fellow too-old & too-slow compatriot

some of them real young (or just younger-ish than you & I) Whippersnappers / Whippersnapperettes on here ranting and bitching are IMHO just immature, or inadequately adjusted to the demands or stresses of daily living, or degenerate-loser gamblers, or the worse yet -- Fantasy football azzholes -- that can't handle underperformance in whatever form this Team takes each week

I can get as pissed as some of these Planet Ravers here reveal themselves to be but I get ovah it faster than they do maybe because I too love a Patriot winning Team but I have waay less skins (both monetarily & mentally) in the game than I divvie out they have invested

in time maybe they all too will adapt their behavior / outlook on life to these legendary words.......

"The sun will rise, the sun will set, and I’ll have lunch." -- 1987, Red Sox GM Lou Gorman

And this applies to coaches as well. In the NFL the talent level is so good, with regard to the coaches and players, there's no room for "on-the-job training" and there's definitely no room for incompetency. Weak links get exposed real quick in the NFL, both on the field and on the sidelines...

And this applies to coaches as well. In the NFL the talent level is so good, with regard to the coaches and players, there's no room for "on-the-job training" and there's definitely no room for incompetency. Weak links get exposed real quick in the NFL, both on the field and on the sidelines...
mostly agree but...there is room for otjt, it's just at lower levels than oc and qb coach. bb is big on working through the ranks and hiring internally. i really wonder what ALL the reasons were for the mp and jj hires.

mostly agree but...there is room for otjt, it's just at lower levels than oc and qb coach. bb is big on working through the ranks and hiring internally. i really wonder what ALL the reasons were for the mp and jj hires.

Most definitely, just like there's room for OTJT on the practice squad for players. Once you get to those lower level coaches' positions you're not having anywhere near the same impact on game day that the HC, OC, DC, Special Teams coach, and QB are, not even close.

Thought we were not supposed to see you here early today??

My friend, you are a breath of fresh air in a windowless room full of dirty diapers.

We are limited to what we see on TV. We don't get to see the all 22, so there is plenty of room for knee jerk reactions based on a limited view of the various plays. So, I'll just condense my thoughts into to what I could see. And I won't get into the coaching, which has been beaten to death.
1. Buffalo is a better team than we are right now. Allen makes all the difference in the world to that team and Diggs is far better than any WR we have.
2. Even though both OL's came into the game banged up, the Patriots OT's are a bad as I've seen in a log time. Brown may be injured and was sick but he was and has been horrible.
3. Our defense is not as good as we thought it was. Allen and Diggs
will make plays but that is no excuse for the yards given up in the running game.
4. I do like the young talent on the Patriots team. I think there is a good future ahead for this team. However the #1 priority is by draft or FA signings is to get a solid OL for next season.

We are limited to what we see on TV. We don't get to see the all 22, so there is plenty of room for knee jerk reactions based on a limited view of the various plays. So, I'll just condense my thoughts into to what I could see. And I won't get into the coaching, which has been beaten to death.
1. Buffalo is a better team than we are right now. Allen makes all the difference in the world to that team and Diggs is far better than any WR we have.
2. Even though both OL's came into the game banged up, the Patriots OT's are a bad as I've seen in a log time. Brown may be injured and was sick but he was and has been horrible.
3. Our defense is not as good as we thought it was. Allen and Diggs
will make plays but that is no excuse for the yards given up in the running game.
4. I do like the young talent on the Patriots team. I think there is a good future ahead for this team. However the #1 priority is by draft or FA signings is to get a solid OL for next season.

We have 2 OL who I consider to be NFL winning caliber starter quality - Andrews and Onwenu. The rest should be upgraded.
Our D would be better if we could sustain drives to keep them off the field more. Jack Jones stood out as having had a rough game.

i accidentally, though trying very hard to avoid it actively found out the score. so then i thought fuck it, lol
You may consider yourself lucky that you found out. It was a tough game to watch. During the game I was thinking that I need to find a new interest, it was that bad.

You may consider yourself lucky that you found out. It was a tough game to watch. During the game I was thinking that I need to find a new interest, it was that bad.
I was falling asleep and wasn't trying to fight it.

Back