Patriots vs Bills 8:15 Amazon Prime Game Thread

So, what you're saying here is basically

GET ME SOMEBODY BETTER THAN BELICHICK!!!!

I think it's fair to ask, if you want to go there, WHO YOU GOT???

Give us a name, make a suggestion and we can nod in appreciation at your idea or rip you to shreds based on just who it is
you think might be better than the best HC of all time. Go ahead and pitch your guy, because we're all dying to hear who it is.

Don't give us an imaginary football guru, give us a real human being.

Be careful what you wish for because the BB coaching tree won us 6 rings and made Tom Brady who he was. Past tense. The record tells
the tale and it is just as valid one day after getting our asses kicked and becoming a .500 team as it was watching players riding duck boats
while they chugged champagne and thanked God that they ended up in Foxboro playing for Bill.

BTW, I am sick to death of you ranting about how bad Cole Strange is. He had a couple of rough games, but, by any honest measure, he's had a
solid and promising rookie season and with a full year in the program he will become one of the best players at his position in the league. You
don't really seem to have a clue as to what the fuck you're talking about and it gets damn tiresome to read the same old shit every week.

You're pissed? Well whoopedy-do. So am I.

Cole Strange will be one of the best OLs this team ever had and he'll end up being more than worth the pick. Better than Joe Thuney. Better than
Logan Mankins. Watch him and see if you can learn something.

It amazes me that people can complain about ANYBODY in this Patriot rookie class. Totally amazes me. Have you been watching the actual games?

We had a tremendous draft and about half a dozen of them are contributing excellent snaps right now and will most definitely become outstanding
NFL players and the backbone of the next contender here. Picking on Strange as an example of how shitty BB managed the last draft is an epic example
of somebody who can't see the forest because of all the trees blocking his limited worldview.

This Patriots rookie class is the envy of about 27 other NFL teams and the other four are lying sacks of shit.
I’d take Frank Smith or Bobby Slowik for starters. Wes Phillips, Shane Steichen, or ten other promising Offensive Coordinators. I’d take any other coach in the division.
Belichick made the decision this offseason to bring in Patricia and Joe Judge to run this offense. This immediately obvious to be a huge mistake. It was obvious to EVERYONE except the most ardent Belichick defenders. It was obvious every 4 out of 5 practices this preseason. At a minimum bringing these two in set Mac Jones back a year.
I’ve never said strange is bad. I’ve said that to justify his pick he’s gotta be like the second coming of mankins. Even then, it’s arguably a mistake to draft a guard in the first round. Right now he’s playing like you’d expect a good 3rd or 4th round pick to play. Fine. Even with him half of what I’m reading on this forum is concern about the offensive line.
We have not seen Thornton. He was hardly used until the 4th quarter against the bills. I was happy with him as a pick, but it needs to be noted that he was drafted AHEAD of George Pickens.
Marcus Jones has been great. The Pats are also just now beginning to play some legit offenses. We are gonna see how the defense holds up over the next month against the big boys. There are a ton of improvements that need to happen over the offseason for this team to be even close to being competitive against any of the contenders in the AFC.

Last edited:
I’d take Frank Smith or Bobby Slowik for starters. Wes Phillips, Shane Steichen, or ten other promising Offensive Coordinators. I’d take any other coach in the division.
Belichick made the decision this offseason to bring in Patricia and Joe Judge to run this offense. This immediately obvious to be a huge mistake. It was obvious to EVERYONE except the most ardent Belichick defenders. It was obvious every 4 out of 5 practices this preseason. At a minimum bringing these two in set Mac Jones back a year.
I’ve never said strange is bad. I’ve said that to justify his pick he’s gotta be like the second coming of mankins. Even then, it’s arguably a mistake to draft a guard in the first round. Right now he’s playing like you’d expect a good 3rd or 4th round pick to play. Fine. Even with him half of what I’m reading on this forum is concern about the offensive line.
We have not seen Thornton. He was hardly used until the 4th quarter against the bills. I was happy with him as a pick, but it needs to be noted that he was drafted AHEAD of George Pickens.
Marcus Jones has been great. The Pats are also just now beginning to play some legit offenses. We are gonna see how the defense holds up over the next month against the big boys. There are a ton of improvements that need to happen over the offseason for this team to be even close to being competitive against any of the contenders in the AFC.
First, awesome post all around. Could not agree more.

IIRC, it was pretty much just you and me sounding the alarm about Patricia and Judge. Some others were let's "wait and see" and many of them have since come around to just how awful those hires were and then there were the Bill defenders who would have none of it.

BTW, I really wanted Joe Brady as the OC. I really thought Bill would go out and get someone with legit OC experience just because of losing McD and also Bill's own blind spots when it comes to O. It is really stunning that he picked "his guys" during this crucial season of Mac's development. It has really blown up in into a dumpster fire. Now he is being looked at as a HC who ruins promising young QB talent.

IIRC, it was pretty much just you and me sounding the alarm about Patricia and Judge. Some others were let's "wait and see" and many of them have since come around Now he is being looked at as a HC who ruins promising young QB talent.
By who besides you and some members here? Credible link?

I bold it

IIRC, it was pretty much just you and me sounding the alarm about Patricia and Judge. Some others were let's "wait and see" and many of them have since come around to just how awful those hires were and then there were the Bill defenders who would have none of it.

BTW, I really wanted Joe Brady as the OC. I really thought Bill would go out and get someone with legit OC experience just because of losing McD and also Bill's own blind spots when it comes to O. It is really stunning that he picked "his guys" during this crucial season of Mac's development. It has really blown up in into a dumpster fire. Now he is being looked at as a HC who ruins promising young QB talent.

Did he ruin Tom Brady back in the day Mazz? And you flip flop all over the place on this. From saying Mac is not great and you never wanted him, to now you're saying Mac is in fact great, but Bill is ruining him. Make up your mind please......

Did he ruin Tom Brady back in the day Mazz? And you flip flop all over the place on this. From saying Mac is not great and you never wanted him, to now you're saying Mac is in fact great, but Bill is ruining him. Make up your mind please......
I don’t understand what you’re saying. Brady has never been ruined and also Mac has never been great. He had a very promising rookie year, but now his second year has been compromised due to the coaches Bill hired. I was asked to cite articles from the media saying Bill was ruining Mac's development. That’s what I did.

I agree that Matt P is not a good OC or playcaller. I won't be extreme as some here and blame everything on him.
I also don't agree that Mac is ruined as some here or those in the media, looking fo clicks, are saying. If Mac is ruined as some say then I am very disappointed in Mac. I don't think that Mac is a little snowflake and would allow himself to be ruined.
It's up to these professional football players to execute. From what I've seen there are players who are not executing on a consistent basis. The saying "Do your job,well" applies and there are players who are not doing that. Not pointing that out ,and blaming one coach, is giving these players a free pass and making excuses for them.

Now, I'm moving on to the Cards.

I agree that Matt P is not a good OC or playcaller. I won't be extreme as some here and blame everything on him.
I also don't agree that Mac is ruined as some here or those in the media, looking fo clicks, are saying. If Mac is ruined as some say then I am very disappointed in Mac. I don't think that Mac is a little snowflake and would allow himself to be ruined.
It's up to these professional football players to execute. From what I've seen there are players who are not executing on a consistent basis. The saying "Do your job,well" applies and there are players who are not doing that. Not pointing that out ,and blaming one coach, is giving these players a free pass and making excuses for them.

Now, I'm moving on to the Cards.
I don’t think Mac is ruined. He lnows bad coaching is the issue and is just getting thru it. If they try to go with fatty Matty next year then I would expect open revolt. Hell, Kraft should be making sure they get a real O coordinator next year

I don’t think Mac is ruined. He lnows bad coaching is the issue and is just getting thru it. If they try to go with fatty Matty next year then I would expect open revolt. Hell, Kraft should be making sure they get a real O coordinator next year
10000000000000000000000%

Some of the blame is Mac's...he isn't exactly turning lead into gold out there.

This year is a bridge year for a few different reasons...it's like a hybrid morph of part rebuild, new systems being implemented with new coaches (at least new coaching positions), limited cap space juggling, so, the roster isn't really good enough to compete, etc. It's a recipe for the middle of the pack.

Last edited:

You're really outkicking your coverage on this one. Belichick's reputation for drafting QBs is 2nd to none.

That's not even counting Cliff Kingsbury or Zac Robinson who are HCs in the league.

You're really outkicking your coverage on this one. Belichick's reputation for drafting QBs is 2nd to none.

That's not even counting Cliff Kingsbury or Zac Robinson who are HCs in the league.
o'connell?

At age 70 he's outkicked his coverage.

Heard that there were a lot of Bills fans at this game and they bought their tickets from season ticket holders.

Those season ticket holders aren't happy with the product.

Back