Patriots vs. Cardinals: Official Game Thread

There were games last year the O did not play well...

Relevance?

Also these are 60 minute games so in 60 minutes they scored 4 fg's and a td'

An unconverted TD.

Actually the O and the D put themselves in a position to win, and they blew it.

I don't understand this.

I know you think it does not matter, but that was a hell of a drive by the offense late, or we are not kicking to win the game.

It was a good drive, yes. The only decent one in the game. Ghost was not kicking the FGs from 15 yards. I don't think the O even got to the redzone before that drive.

And the D was responsible for the opportunity to win it with the FG more than the O. Unless you want to give the O credit for the strip and the recovery.

Bottom line - If you can't see the vast improvement in the Pats D from last season, then I think we're watching different games.

No worries, you have your division in the bag as usual. Good loss in my opinion. Tells the rest of the league you probably ain't cheating anymore... :coffee:

At least the Jets lost. o:)

long season, pretty sure the regulars will be there at the end...

Relevance?

An unconverted TD.

I don't understand this.

It was a good drive, yes. The only decent one in the game. Ghost was not kicking the FG from 15 yards. I don't think the O even got to the redzone before that drive.

And the D was responsible for the opportunity to win it with the FG more than the O. Unless you want to give the O credit for the strip and the recovery.

Bottom line - If you can't see the vast improvement in the Pats D from last season, then I think we're watching different games.

I am not sure where I said anything about the D not improving...no he was not kicking from the 15, but we scored a td that was called back, then there was a false start...so I guess that hurt too. I still like how they battled back, sorry.

I am not sure where I said anything about the D not improving.

You said
What I want to know, what is different its still if the O plays bad we lose...thats how it was last year too.

I took that to mean that the D is not capable of doing enough to make up for the days when the O sucks, just like last year.

Sorry, were you just making a general football point that "if our O does not outscore their O then we won't win"? If that's the case I agree - the team that scores more points wins.

No, its not, but they did move the ball...so we know they can...as I said, some weird things happened today...the pats usually lose some games during the season and usually they are weird like this...as I said, some weird play calling, some failed ST's things that never happen, so dropped passes, a couple missed throws and you lose...

No, they didn't move the ball. Not until halfway through the 4th.

Good loss in my opinion. Tells the rest of the league you probably ain't cheating anymore... :coffee:

Hey...they had some pretty effed up losses (Hi Redskins, Bills (03), Fins (04, 06, Colts 05, 06, etc etc.)when they were chea...wait...what??? :p

The time of possession for today's game: Chargers 43:39, Titans 16:21

Posted for comparison only

Here's another one

Cardinals have twice as many playoff wins as Patriots over the past four seasons.

No, they didn't move the ball. Not until halfway through the 4th.

Well I know that, but they did move the ball. Its a 60 minute game....actually this should have been one of those games where we played bad and still won, like the cowboys game last year...I guess I should be freaked out, but I am just not really....when we start losing 30-3 or something, then I will be worried...most of our losses are just odd games, this was an odd game.

This is the biggest issue, certainly.

Pay Waters. Pay the man. Not sure if that will solve much, but it will help.
Not the answer but a portion of the answer..

If Seabass can go 60, move Cannon over ..

Long term I see cannon as a big house Moore Clubber at RT and they need a young road grader at RG to run like they did back in the day.

No, I hated a lot of the play calls too.. but if your position is that each and every third and seven should be a pass then i respectfully disagree. There is something to be said for "breaking your own tendencies" and it's damn easy to complain after something doesn't work.

You cut the quarterback slack at every turn, the old "good faith effort" mantra. I'm just offering the same courtesy to folks who are trying to win just as much as St. Tom.

Can't you see that... ??
Excellent point many forget is BB self scouts the Patriots over the offseason looking for tendencies and many of these play calls are a result of that. Yeah play calling sucked but it was more than that today.

As for Welker, how much per-season did he play?

Could something physical be going on that isn't season ending but slow to heal?

Not the answer but a portion of the answer..

If Seabass can go 60, move Cannon over ..

Long term I see cannon as a big house Moore Clubber at RT and they need a young road grader at RG to run like they did back in the day.

Excellent point many forget is BB self scouts the Patriots over the offseason looking for tendencies and many of these play calls are a result of that. Yeah play calling sucked but it was more than that today.

As for Welker, how much per-season did he play?

Could something physical be going on that isn't season ending but slow to heal?

I dont know he claims he is healthy, it just seems odd he is not getting in on plays. But being how this is the Patriots, we will never know the answer.

Back