Patriots vs Vikings 8:20 on NBC Game Thread

Things to consider while recognizing that our forebears didn't escape religious oppression, brave a treacherous ocean crossing, risk starvation, and carve out a foothold on the shore of a vast expanse of wilderness, just so 398 years later we still wouldn't know how to define a touchdown:

Patriots hung in there.

The 4th quarter was a disaster going to the crappy shotgun.

Contrary to mediocre staff belief, the shotgun is NOT good for Mac, yields fewer yards per snap, and also gets Mac killed because the OLine cannot pass protect with only 5 guys

she's a troll now.
she wasn't always a troll.
she's filled with venom at bb for "forcing" tb out and trolling is her vehicle of expression of this sentiment, which is still burning years later. it's a shame because
a) she was a nice, normal person on here and a pretty good poster
b)it's sad that someone i thought was "a" appears to be mentally disturbed now. being upset when it first happened, i get though i don't agree with the sentiment. being upset enough to quit pats fandom over 1 player leaving? ehhh, i don't get that either, but to each his or her own. but being upset enough almost 3 years later that she is still super argumentative about the topic and must continue to revisit it and make snarky comments? that's troubling. i don't go off on her too much because it's pointless. sometimes i get perturbed by things like her showing up late in the game with snarky comments, yes. but mostly it's just sad.
midgar is a straight up verbally abusive, hypocritical p.o.s. and i'm super glad he and his doppelganger p.c. finally got the boot.

Hmm.

Maybe my point was just made. I dunno.

I'm not ready to declare this another boogeyman defense, short turnaround against a good veteran offense and a team you're not familiar with is tough. I mean the Vikings gave up 26 points(should have been 30) at home to one of the worst offenses in the NFL, that should tell you something. Out of the ordinary things happen in these types of games. I mean the Lions almost beat the Bills. The continued mental mistakes is the most discouraging thing, which is something you have full control over and it has been going on for several seasons now, and most of the blame for that goes to the coaching staff.

I'm not ready to declare this another boogeyman defense, short turnaround against a good veteran offense and a team you're not familiar with is tough. I mean the Vikings gave up 26 points(should have been 30) at home to one of the worst offenses in the NFL, that should tell you something. Out of the ordinary things happen in these types of games. I mean the Lions almost beat the Bills. The continued mental mistakes is the most discouraging thing, which is something you have full control over and it has been going on for several seasons now, and most of the blame for that goes to the coaching staff.

You bring up a great point. Usually games with short turnaround time and less preparation lead to sloppy football. Despite the fact that there was definitely sloppiness involved, the team looked pretty good in general especially the offense.

Not to mention the Vikes have only lost two games all season -- they have a game breaking WR and a very good dual threat RB. Also of course the fact that the refs influenced the game quite a bit in their favor.

We can extract a lot of good off of this. Also the game against the Bills will be a mini-bye, which will also help. I imagine there will be a huge serving of humble pie in these ten days.

Last edited:
Exactly.

I decided at some point that the poster that seems to irritate everybody isn't worth getting worked up over. Her opinions are typically
ridiculous and calculated to piss people off.

That is the payoff. Getting people riled. I refuse to allow it, so just tune her completely out.

Not responding in the best policy from where I see it. It's really easy. Just don't care.
Easier said than done so I give you and others that can ignore her credit.

Keep in mind that not all the pissivity is at her for her posts. Some is on the moderation for allowing her to so openly disrespect everyone else. It is both. At least it is for me.

As I said somewhere else, there is very likely a lot more to why this is allowed than we know.

Last edited:
no clue, don't know what your point was. you mention a commonality related but don't say what it was.

Should I?

i probably should.

I'll get to to that after my tired old ass wakes up from a nap. Lol

Last edited:
Well, then I may be in the 5% probably 1%, kinda love being an outlier. Hell, everything about me is an outlier. :)

She can get as irritating as shit filled dingleberries on a gorillas hairy ass. I know this but one of the things I appreciate about her is that those dingleberries cause such honest reactions in you guys. She provides the vehicle to show your souls and every time it's uglier. Maybe we should think about that guys.

Now that Zeke muthafucker, ya fuck him. :4321: :)

Is the reactions to Mazz a laying bare of the New England soul?

Maybe we need a clear definition of a troll.

But what do I know, I miss Midgies insanity. 😂

Happy Indigenous Peoples Day.

Where the hell is @Claremonster? I mean this is his gun toting Injuns day.
This is tremendous insight John. Thank you for sharing. I like the "laying bare the NE soul." Lol
Generally speaking, I love the souls up here even the ones that can't stand me. The passion for the team is awesome. I never get angry because I do love this forum.

Now that Henry no catch was bogus. Horrific call but I'm pretty sure our STs had like 3 block in the backs on the Jete winning TD so perhaps karma??

Did I read that right? He actually said that he credited Patricia's game plan and play calling? Do I need new glasses? Does he not read the game thread?
He didn't mention Miles Bryant's absolutely awful personal foul on a defenseless receiver, but I guess he can't cover everything. Maybe I missed it.
Now it's on to the Bills.

Last edited:
Did I read that right? He actually said that he credited Patricia's game plan and play calling? Do I need new glasses? Does he not read the game thread?
He didn't mention Miles Bryant's absolutely awful personal foul on a defenseless receiver, but I guess he can't cover everything. Maybe I missed it.
Now it's on to the Bills.
Don’t get out of hand here. He said that he did better. Relative term.

i didn't remember anything about this. intetesting.

I remember the incident but didn't think it had become anything. I still don't think it's anything other than a media guy trying to make it something.
BB probably didn't see it was Thielen who bumped into him. No big deal imo.

Back