Pats 4th Round Pick #137 Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had to remind myself something and it helped make sense of this draft. Otherwise it doesn't make sense or can be extremely frustrating.

Belichick views drafts like a ruthless economist.

So, picks will be done to save money or get efficient with some positions cap-wise, not necessarily to improve talent at a key position.

In this case with the QB, it's about not extending Stidham later. It's about saving money. You keep a cheap backup QB on the roster and don't pay Stidham low millions per year to stay on later. Also explains the RB pick. The Pats already are strong at the RB position. But maybe they don't want to spend multimillions coming up to keep a RB post-rookie deal. So they use a revolving group of cheap drafted RB guys and don't commit $ to extending RBs.

Having said all that, it sucks to then waste precious cap on expensive crappy players in Agholor, Godchaux, Jonnu, and Wynn at 11-14M each. Or to not keep JC Jackson or Mason who are actually elite players. Or to not have fixed the terrible run defense at all. Right now the organizational actions are not completely congruent.

Why do you keep insisting on falsehoods?
Mason isn’t elite.
You keep sayin that without any evidence whatsoever.
No one last offseason would have said those signings were crappy. Please, stop being disingenuous.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

So is he near his phone for pick 210?
I wish. 6'3" 225 lb. LS middies don't light BB fire.

Well, I mean, he could bulk up. Maybe play LB. He was bigger when he was playing close D (245 lbs). :unsure:

LOL, I just daydreamed on this for 30 seconds. :D

That was fun. :love:

Why do you keep insisting on falsehoods?
Mason isn’t elite.
You keep sayin that without any evidence whatsoever.
No one last offseason would have said those signings were crappy. Please, stop being disingenuous.

Show your proof Mason was bad last year. You keep repeating this wrong claim. If you mean the OLine was a disaster the first 6 weeks and Durant/Herron had no business starting at RT for 6 weeks, then say it that way.

Wynn, Durant, Herron were terrible last year. Bright spots per PFF were Mason and Onwenu, but the Pats inexplicably benched Onwenu the last 6 weeks.

Show your proof Mason was bad last year. You keep repeating this wrong claim. If you mean the OLine was a disaster the first 6 weeks and Durant/Herron had no business starting at RT for 6 weeks, then say it that way.

Wynn, Durant, Herron were terrible last year. Bright spots per PFF were Mason and Onwenu, but the Pats inexplicably benched Onwenu the last 6 weeks.

We simply MUST get you into the front office before this franchise really commits suicide.

If we were going to draft a QB, which I thought was a decent possibility, I figured it would be Perry, the Harvard kid. And not a 4th rounder. I don't
like the move or pretend to understand it and I'll eagerly look forward to a rational explanation from somebody.

🤷

If I was going to Felger this move I'd suggest that it's disrespectful of Mac Jones to draft another QB and he should be super upset.

Then I'd go back to writing my autobiography: Poking the Felger is a douche-- My life in Boston Sports Talk.

I guess this means that Stidham's time in Foxboro is just about over and it's time for Hoyer to start his career in coaching, but you never know. Maybe
Zappe will sprain an earlobe in camp and have to be IR'd.
Mac Jones wants to have a solid backup if he gets injured for a few games. Its not like his position is in jeopardy.

Kraft did not get his wish with this draft.

Mac Jones wants to have a solid backup if he gets injured for a few games. Its not like his position is in jeopardy.

When I watched him at the Combine, I actually thought he sort of resembles Mac. I've also heard him compared to
our QB1 in playing style. Odd coincidence or fate?

bailey.jpg

Who was on his list?
He wanted another draft like last year. Does not appear to be in the cards but time will tell ...

I’m not that irked by the QB pic at all. It’s obviously the organization has no confidence in Stidham and no one wants to see Hoyer take any more snaps ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back