Pats 4th Round Pick #137 Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mason who are actually elite players.
The Economist Hoodie keeps the team relevant even with injuries because of a well stocked middle of the roster. One of the ways he does this is by avoiding (except with Brady which is certainly understandable) dead money by dropping a player a year too early rather than a year too late. Mason was right on time, I figure. If he truly was an elite player, then he would have brought back a better draft pick.

You complain about the low draft pick return for an elite player, but the facts just don't bear this out. Blaming BB for only getting, what? a fifth? for a player ignores the fact that he can only trade for what teams will offer, and 31 teams thought he was a JAG at the end of his career.

Show your proof Mason was bad last year. You keep repeating this wrong claim. s.
30 teams told us that Mason wasn't worth a 5th round pick. An elite OG is worth a LOT more. One team took a fifth rouind flyer. That tells you all 32 NFL GMs think of Mason as a JAG

You and the other BB detractors keep saying MASON WAS ELITE, BB GAVE HIM AWAY FOR A FIFTH. .Did it ever occur to you and Mazz and Felger-Grogan that maybe, just maybe, the market sets value, not what you or anyone else wants the value to be. Elite players get bidding wars. JAGs get traded for late round picks.

Put aside your agenda and use your brain for something more than a place to put your hat.

30 teams told us that Mason wasn't worth a 5th round pick. An elite OG is worth a LOT more. One team took a fifth rouind flyer. That tells you all 32 NFL GMs think of Mason as a JAG

You and the other BB detractors keep saying MASON WAS ELITE, BB GAVE HIM AWAY FOR A FIFTH. .Did it ever occur to you and Mazz and Felger-Grogan that maybe, just maybe, the market sets value, not what you or anyone else wants the value to be. Elite players get bidding wars. JAGs get traded for late round picks.

Put aside your agenda and use your brain for something more than a place to put your hat.

Not true.

Amari Cooper went for a 5th round pick. He's also young and in the prime of his career.

You're making a really wrong assumption that a low pick means the player isn't good. It doesn't mean that at all. It's what a team was willing to pay especially if a guy was making major money. Does not in any way imply the guy has no talent.

It's as wrong as inferring Onwenu is no good because the Pats inexplicably benched him the last 6 weeks for no reason. Terrible reasoning.

Last edited:
Not true.

Amari Cooper went for a 5th round pick. He's also young and in the prime of his career.

You're making a really wrong assumption that a low pick means the player isn't good. It doesn't mean that at all. It's what a team was willing to pay especially if a guy was making major money. Does not in any way imply the guy has no talent.

It's as wrong as inferring Onwenu is no good because the Pats inexplicably benched him the last 6 weeks for no reason. Terrible reasoning.
It's not terrible reasoning. It could also be the case that if Amari Cooper and Shaq Mason are still good players (have good value) and are traded for 5th round draft picks, then a 5th round draft pick is considered to be something that also has good value.

It's not terrible reasoning. It could also be the case that if Amari Cooper and Shaq Mason are still good players (have good value) and are traded for 5th round draft picks, then a 5th round draft pick is considered to be something that also has good value.

Yes. The point is PFF still had Mason at an excellent 86 rating last year and you have people making totally wrong guesses repeatedly claiming that Mason was bad. Mason was excellent.

So you agree that 30 teams thought Mason was OVER PAID. He was not over paid relative to an ELITE OL.

If he were ELITE and on an average contract what should he have fetched? Or are really trying to tell us that Belichick just stupidly took less than a truly ELITE OL was worth. Even a layman like you could have gotten more that Belichick did.

Is that what you are selling?

Moving the goal posts I see. Not surprised for a subIQ poster.

Are we still feebly arguing that Mason is a bad player or not? We can then discuss value and whether Mason's contract was the one to move compared to crappier ones with Agholor, Wynn, Jonnu, and Godchaux.

Ok so you're not even attempting anymore to claim Mason was bad and that trading him away made sense. Got it. It's easy to be a subIQ blind homer, you're living proof.

You have been told and corrected enough. Mason was worth a 5th for a reason. I realize this doesn't suit your hatred, but IIWII.

Unless, at the risk of repeating myself, you really want to tell us that you think Belichick is so dumb he stepped over a 3rd to take that 5th from Tampa?

Have you mailed your manifesto to Kraft?

Can we disagree on player evals without calling others "subIQ"? Hard to think of a more inflammatory, lousy, and unproductive thing to say when discussing, well, anything, with anyone.

One has no way of knowing what another poster's IQ is, and it's basically irrelevant to the discussion (unless you think people of less intelligence should be disqualified from discussing football, which is pretty ridiculous).

Really only serves to ridicule someone and little else.

If you think your intelligence and football acumen is superior to other posters, and therefore your evaluation of Mason is accurate, use that intelligence and acumen to share on-field examples demonstrating why (in your opinion) Mason's performance hasn't dropped off at all. The on-field evidence is ultimately what is relevant here.

I try to be cordial to posters in general but since you've been an ass all week I respond in kind.

Again here's where I have to go really slow for the short bus people like you. Because subIQs like you only see black and white. BB is the best HC and GM of all time. But many recent drafts have been poor. And the team hasn't been good for 4 years. Even last year getting destroyed in the playoffs and going 1-4 was not good. So....Maybe stop blindly assuming every move is automatically a good one. I do get that subIQs like you only know how to function in this world when you blindly follow simple thinking like this. I can guess a lot of the rest about you by the way you don't think critically about....anything
You blindly "assign" all kinds of shit ON people here. I am not unique aside from my willingness to call you out, you know, in my simple little way. This infuriates you and in turn you make me chuckle to myself.

The previous sentence is key. Think about it while I enjoy reading about the draft picks that will help my team be a better team this season and YOU research Chattanooga drafted players that were busts in the past.

Last edited:
Can we disagree on player evals without calling others "subIQ"? Hard to think of a more inflammatory, lousy, and unproductive thing to say when discussing, well, anything, with anyone.

One has no way of knowing what another poster's IQ is, and it's basically irrelevant to the discussion (unless you think people of less intelligence should be disqualified from discussing football, which is pretty ridiculous).

Really only serves to ridicule someone and little else.

Ironic in so many ways that he isn't aware of.

I thought my response was even tempered and appropriate. Sometimes all you really need to do is let some people reveal themselves.

I let him and he did.

That said, Mason was worth a 5th round pick simply because the market determined that was all he was worth. This generally means 30 teams would rather take a flyer on a draft choice than take Mason. Including the Patriots.

As I said, IIWII.

If we were going to draft a QB, which I thought was a decent possibility, I figured it would be Perry, the Harvard kid. And not a 4th rounder. I don't
like the move or pretend to understand it and I'll eagerly look forward to a rational explanation from somebody.

🤷

If I was going to Felger this move I'd suggest that it's disrespectful of Mac Jones to draft another QB and he should be super upset.

Then I'd go back to writing my autobiography: Poking the Felger is a douche-- My life in Boston Sports Talk.

I guess this means that Stidham's time in Foxboro is just about over and it's time for Hoyer to start his career in coaching, but you never know. Maybe
Zappe will sprain an earlobe in camp and have to be IR'd.
Eagles

Mason's performance hasn't dropped off at all. The on-field evidence is ultimately what is relevant here.

PFF rated Mason as the Patriots' best OLineman and best player in 2021:

“New England pieced its offensive line back together this season, and the unit began to really dominate once again, with Shaq Mason playing some of his best football at right guard. Mason has been a run-blocking monster since his college days in a triple-option offense at Georgia Tech. He recorded an 87.2 run-blocking grade this season and allowed 16 pressures across 589 pass-blocking snaps despite blocking for a rookie passer.”.

Now where are the 3 stooges blind homer's proof that Mason was a bad player ??

If we were going to draft a QB, which I thought was a decent possibility, I figured it would be Perry, the Harvard kid. And not a 4th rounder. I don't
like the move or pretend to understand it and I'll eagerly look forward to a rational explanation from somebody.

🤷

If I was going to Felger this move I'd suggest that it's disrespectful of Mac Jones to draft another QB and he should be super upset.

Then I'd go back to writing my autobiography: Poking the Felger is a douche-- My life in Boston Sports Talk.

I guess this means that Stidham's time in Foxboro is just about over and it's time for Hoyer to start his career in coaching, but you never know. Maybe
Zappe will sprain an earlobe in camp and have to be IR'd.

Don't put anything past the Hoodie.

PFF rated Mason as the Patriots' best OLineman and best player in 2021:

“New England pieced its offensive line back together this season, and the unit began to really dominate once again, with Shaq Mason playing some of his best football at right guard. Mason has been a run-blocking monster since his college days in a triple-option offense at Georgia Tech. He recorded an 87.2 run-blocking grade this season and allowed 16 pressures across 589 pass-blocking snaps despite blocking for a rookie passer.”.

Now where are the 3 stooges blind homer's proof that Mason was a bad player ??

I put more faith in the greatest football coach in the history of the game than I do you (or PFF) and I am far from the only one here that feels this way.

That people trust Belichick more than you is such an issue for you isn't on the rest of us. Mason was worth only a 5th for many reasons including some we will never know.

This no different to me than you getting on here to tell me how to do my job, a position you are as untrained and inexperienced at as you are Belichick's. These are merely facts.

Moving the goal posts I see. Not surprised for a subIQ poster.

Are we still feebly arguing that Mason is a bad player or not? We can then discuss value and whether Mason's contract was the one to move compared to crappier ones with Agholor, Wynn, Jonnu, and Godchaux.

Show us your posts at the timing showing that you disapproved of these deals.

Guarantee that your idiotic whining is born of hindsight, not foresight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back