Pats FA thread

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
I think it’s been crystal clear a lot of posters are for anyone but Cam. I think Teddy is a very good spot starter. He would have to redone his deal to fit under the cap,

Last edited:

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Be careful not to conflate what our former qb ran as the Patriots offensive system. The system is the Erdhart-Perkins system and is highly adaptable to different strengths from different players.

BB has always talked about using a player's strengths rather than trying to force them into a role not suited to them.

I don't expect it would be any different at the QB position.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Be careful not to conflate what our former qb ran as the Patriots offensive system. The system is the Erdhart-Perkins system and is highly adaptable to different strengths from different players.

BB has always talked about using a player's strengths rather than trying to force them into a role not suited to them.

The offense that Cam aran last year was small subset of what won 6 Super Bowls with a few "Cam" plays thrown in. Cam is not TFB I realize. However adaptable the offense is designed to be, it would need to morph into something that is not in order to get it down to what Cam can do at his current level of ability. The program that runs the engine in my Wrangler is flexible. Regardless of how you tweak it, it will never win a street race.

Inspector_50

Reaction score

Other teams besides the pats run a form of that system too. Its not rocket science. You just have to have the right players.

OP
Mazz22

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score
The offense that Cam aran last year was small subset of what won 6 Super Bowls with a few "Cam" plays thrown in. Cam is not TFB I realize. However adaptable the offense is designed to be, it would need to morph into something that is not in order to get it down to what Cam can do at his current level of ability. The program that runs the engine in my Wrangler is flexible. Regardless of how you tweak it, it will never win a street race.
That is the part that was most frustrating. We needed to install a new system for Cam altogether. I was hoping we would do something similar to what Turner did with him in 2018 when he had his best statistical season until he got hurt mid-season.