Pats FA thread

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Figured we could have a thread with all the signings we make in FA that way there is not separate threads for each player.

Just heard today that we are talking with Thuney about coming back. This is excellent news! I wonder if the market was not as robust as he thought. I hope this also bodes well for getting Andrews done too. Let's go!

Thuney can play the center position.

Wynn - Onwenu - Thuney - Mason - Brown. Best OL in football plus it has lots of flexibility with positional changes.
Joe has not played center in the NFL. Maybe he can play center but how well can he play center?

By the start of the new league year (3/17/2021)
He is a RFA.
So we didn't tender him or are we going to do tender him by Wed?

This makes sense if they see Cam as the starter. I think Bill also expects to lose White.

Patriots reportedly will be active seeking help at running back in free agency​

12:05 p.m.: The Patriots have reached out to the top running backs on the market, according to a source. With Aaron Jones re-signing in Green Bay, that leaves Seattle’s Chris Carson, Arizona’s Kenyan Drake and Pittsburgh’s James Conner as the best players available. Mid-level options could include Jamaal Williams, Malcolm Brown, Mike Davis and Duke Johnson.

Maybe the rumors of White to Tampa are true.

12:05 p.m.: The Patriots have reached out to the top running backs on the market, according to a source. With Aaron Jones re-signing in Green Bay, that leaves Seattle’s Chris Carson, Arizona’s Kenyan Drake and Pittsburgh’s James Conner as the best players available. Mid-level options could include Jamaal Williams, Malcolm Brown, Mike Davis and Duke Johnson.

Maybe the rumors of White to Tampa are true.
I don't love any of those names. Why not just draft RB? Or is this draft not deep at RB?

I'd like a Legarrette Blount type back .
We have that in Harris. We need a pass catching back if we lose White. Those are not easy to find.

Back