Pats FA thread

2nd rnd tender on JCJackson.

I think BB has an agreement with him to meet any offer after he goes out and sees his market.

thats risky

I think it means Jackson will come back with his offers & allow BB to match the highest one by prior agreement to do so.
A 1st tender might not generate an offer.
Doing JC and his agent a solid. I'm not worried.

oh man, thanks for the perspective on the 2nd round tender,chevss i was freaking out a little.

oh man, thanks for the perspective on the 2nd round tender,chevss i was freaking out a little.

Well, by rule, BB gets the right to match. No team would give him an offer with a 1st rnd tender.
By allowing him to actually get an offer with a 2nd tender is gracious by BB imo. It allows Jackson to see his actual value in black and white.

thats risky
It's nuts. A second round pick next year won't replace him, especially with the uncertainty around Gilmore.

I understand what Chev is saying, but that leaves us with no CB and a second round pick next year or a contract devised by someone else. It is definitely doing JC a solid, though.

It's nuts. A second round pick next year won't replace him, especially with the uncertainty around Gilmore.

I understand what Chev is saying, but that leaves us with no CB and a second round pick next year or a contract devised by someone else. It is definitely doing JC a solid, though.

If Jackson went to someone else, it would be a 2nd round pick this year

Cody Davis is coming back on a 2-year deal.

BB has been doing this for years. Letting players test FA. He is a RFA. He's done it with UFA, Hightower, as well. It's ok guys.

No, next year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Info online suggests the pick would be from the "upcoming draft" - wikipedia says this

In the National Football League, a restricted free agent is one with three or fewer accrued seasons (six or more regular season games with a team) of service, who has received a "qualifying" offer (a salary level predetermined by the NFL Collective Bargaining Agreement between the league and its players, known as a "tender") from his current club. He can negotiate with any club through a certain date. If the restricted free agent accepts an offer sheet from a new club, his old club has "right of first refusal," a five-day period in which it may match the offer and retain him, or choose not to match the offer, in which case it may receive one or more draft picks for the upcoming draft from the player's new club. If an offer sheet is not executed, the player's rights revert to his old club the day after negotiations must end.

Back