Pats FA thread

LMAO. Jim Plunkett, the guy who took the worse beating of any Patriots QB that I can remember. He was considered to be shell shocked and wash up.
As much as I hated the Raiders back then I was very happy for Jim winning 2 rings.
Same here. The only time I rooted for the Raiders was when they had Plunkett. He was the toughest QB I ever saw.

That's just not true. He was more than simply a running QB. He exploded into this league breaking records left right and centre. In his very first pro game, he was 24–37 passing for 422 yards. That was the first time in league history that a rookie threw for 400+ yards in his very first game. In his 2nd game, he went even higher hitting 432 passing yards and breaking Kurt Warner's record for passing yards in the first two games in a season.

That very first season, he broke Peyton Manning's record of 3,739 yards passing for a rookie. On January 1, 2012 against the Saints, he became the first rookie quarterback to throw for 4,000 yards.

And you then get to his MVP season in 2015.......he was clearly a lot more than just a running QB.

Cams win loss record for his career in the nfl is 68 wins, 55 losses, and one tie. That includes his MVP season.

I’ve never said anything negative about these free agents other than for the most part they are average pieces that fill some glaring needs. Off hand the two teams I’d trade TEs with would be the raiders and eagles. With competent drafting a good tight end can be found in the third round. Yeah when hunter Henry plays he’s great, but he’s always injured. Jonnu I think has upside yo what he’s done, but let’s be real. He’s never broken 500 yards in a single season. He disappears for four game stretches. I don’t think he’s got the agility to break throw as a true pass catching tight end, and he’s getting paid like one. So I mean are these guys an improvement? Yes of course. But I’m not sitting here jumping for joy about them.

Cams win loss record for his career in the nfl is 68 wins, 55 losses, and one tie. That includes his MVP season.

I’ve never said anything negative about these free agents other than for the most part they are average pieces that fill some glaring needs. Off hand the two teams I’d trade TEs with would be the raiders and eagles. With competent drafting a good tight end can be found in the third round. Yeah when hunter Henry plays he’s great, but he’s always injured. Jonnu I think has upside yo what he’s done, but let’s be real. He’s never broken 500 yards in a single season. He disappears for four game stretches. I don’t think he’s got the agility to break throw as a true pass catching tight end, and he’s getting paid like one. So I mean are these guys an improvement? Yes of course. But I’m not sitting here jumping for joy about them.
In 10 seasons as a starter, Cam has had just 3 winning seasons.

The only thing worse from a fairweather fan is a pink hat. They all left when Brady did. It's one thing to not like BB moves. It's another to be non stop negative in every post.
I always thought a pink hat was a bandwagon fan? I would think Pats fans or any fan for that who were only Brady fans would not be on this forum as the Patriots would no longer matter to them.

I always thought a pink hat was a bandwagon fan? I would think Pats fans or any fan for that who were only Brady fans would not be on this forum as the Patriots would no longer matter to them.
Pink hats are worse. They pretend to like the team go to games because they are 'events.' They don't watch games on t.v. or listen on the radio. They have a couple of favorite players and aren't familiar with the rest of the team.

Pink hats are worse. They pretend to like the team go to games because they are 'events.' They don't watch games on t.v. or listen on the radio. They have a couple of favorite players and aren't familiar with the rest of the team.
Those people probably went to games strictly to schmooze potential business deals with potential clients.

Just a quick search.

Cam's career averages:

3450~ yards per season
Comp % - 60.1
Pass touchdowns - 19
Interceptions 11.2
Pass yards per game: 226.4
QB rating: 85.8

This is solely passing. This is not mentioning the running nor the running touchdowns, nor the threat of the run at all. This is purely passing. Statistically it's not amazing, but at the same time if you pigeon-hole him as a "running QB", those are pretty damn solid numbers from a running QB.

So you might not change your view once they put on the Pats gear, but if you hate the player you will find any reason to shit on said player despite any evidence that contradicts your view.

I would not characterize anyone on this forum like that. Pretty much everyone here is very knowledgeable about the team but just disagree on its direction or management. Back in the day we might have had some but I think they were trolls from other teams.

I would not characterize anyone on this forum like that. Pretty much everyone here is very knowledgeable about the team but just disagree on its direction or management. Back in the day we might have had some but I think they were trolls from other teams.
You won't post on this board if your a pink hat . We do have backwagon Buccs fans.

I never said we had pink hats on the board. I just said they were worse then fairweather fans. I explained what is a pink hat
I enjoy differing opinions and viewpoints. That is part of being on a forum. This place was a lot different years ago. So many have left that made great discussions and were great football minds in general not just Pats honks.

Same here. The only time I rooted for the Raiders was when they had Plunkett. He was the toughest QB I ever saw.
Plunkett was one of the reasons why I chose to be a Pats fan...ironically. When he won with the Raiders, I discovered that he started with the Pats. Weird reason why...I know. That and they were the underdogs vs Da Bears in that infamous superb owl.

I love Cams attitude and locker room presence. I love the way he deals with the press. He’s very respected around the league.
But he’s an average QB who had one outstanding season. Which is fine for a bridge.
My biggest gripe is how do young guys learn with him? He’s a one of a kind and an offense has to be built for him.
What other QB can do what he does? How do you evaluate guys in the red zone?

Back