Pats FA thread

Be careful not to conflate what our former qb ran as the Patriots offensive system. The system is the Erdhart-Perkins system and is highly adaptable to different strengths from different players.

BB has always talked about using a player's strengths rather than trying to force them into a role not suited to them.

I don't expect it would be any different at the QB position.

Be careful not to conflate what our former qb ran as the Patriots offensive system. The system is the Erdhart-Perkins system and is highly adaptable to different strengths from different players.

BB has always talked about using a player's strengths rather than trying to force them into a role not suited to them.

I don't expect it would be any different at the QB position.
The offense that Cam aran last year was small subset of what won 6 Super Bowls with a few "Cam" plays thrown in. Cam is not TFB I realize. However adaptable the offense is designed to be, it would need to morph into something that is not in order to get it down to what Cam can do at his current level of ability. The program that runs the engine in my Wrangler is flexible. Regardless of how you tweak it, it will never win a street race.

The offense that Cam aran last year was small subset of what won 6 Super Bowls with a few "Cam" plays thrown in. Cam is not TFB I realize. However adaptable the offense is designed to be, it would need to morph into something that is not in order to get it down to what Cam can do at his current level of ability. The program that runs the engine in my Wrangler is flexible. Regardless of how you tweak it, it will never win a street race.
That is the part that was most frustrating. We needed to install a new system for Cam altogether. I was hoping we would do something similar to what Turner did with him in 2018 when he had his best statistical season until he got hurt mid-season.

Wouldn't want Hoyer under center, but I think he'd be perfect to teach and mentor a rookie.

Being told that BB is looking in to Richard Sherman joining the Pats.

I don't mind it. I think he would come cheap given the market and his age. Bill likes vets at the end of their careers. Remember Lynch?
Plus, Sherm brings some swag too.

I guess that pretty much ensures that Jason McCourty is gone. That's too bad. I would have liked to see those too close out their careers together.

I guess that pretty much ensures that Jason McCourty is gone. That's too bad. I would have liked to see those too close out their careers together.

I think Jmac was looking to sign with the Giants. Or at least that was the report the past few days.

Me too. Jason really declined last year which was a bummer. Not sure how much Sherm has left in the tank though. We don't play cover 3. That being said, his leadership and swag might be want Bill wants right now.

Me too. Jason really declined last year which was a bummer. Not sure how much Sherm has left in the tank though. We don't play cover 3. That being said, his leadership and swag might be want Bill wants right now.
But our memory of his awesome pass defended in the end zone, SB LIII is a real keeper!

Back