Pats might not get the season opening Thursday night game

Number Cruncher

Time to go.... NOW
Reaction score
Reported that this tradition might take a one year hiatus due to the league turning 100 years old.

Complete bullshit if you ask me....

This signature event should be a reward for winning a championship....

Report went on to state it could be that the Pats end up on the ROAD week 1.... not even a Sunday night prime time slot or anything...

EFF YOU GOODHELL. EFF YOU....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...n-playing-in-nfls-2019-regular-season-opener/

Don't really care. Rather see them play every Sunday at either 1 or 4. I really hate prime time games.

I thought this happened a couple years ago with the Ravens for some parking crap where they didnt get the opening game.

Not opening at home is bullshit. Don't really care about Thursday though.

Don't really care. Rather see them play every Sunday at either 1 or 4. I really hate prime time games.

I agree with this 100%. I hate waiting all day .

No one outside of Green Bay or Chicago gives a crap about Bears - Packers.

Put that lame game on Sunday night and make KC or Dallas at New England the Thursday game.

If they don't at least get the Sunday night game, I'll be truly pissed.

If they don't at least get the Sunday night game, I'll be truly pissed.

I'd prefer the Sunday 4:25 or the early MNF game. Hate those 8:30 starts, I'm usually either asleep before halftime or I don't sleep at all.

I love Thursday night home games because they are easier to get tickets for and Friday is WFH for a lot of people.

I get people in a different situation don't like it, but theres something special about hosting the first game of the regular season and going through the opening ceremonies/celebrations.

Theres no way this is considered if any other team besides the Patriots win the superbowl.

I'd prefer the Sunday 4:25 or the early MNF game. Hate those 8:30 starts, I'm usually either asleep before halftime or I don't sleep at all.

Opening night is the only Thursday game I'll go to. I like that it kicks off the season, special events, actual entertainment and followed by a nice 10 day break.

No matter, the Krafts will make sure it's over the top, the tailgate will be great and I'll have a good time.

If we open on the road, then it's all good because the NFL will have, once again, unwittingly opened up a big can of whoop-ass on themselves. NO respect.

Far as game times go, I hate the night games, but I'd go with a late afternoon every time.

Yes, sunshine is always nice, but, overall, it's hard to get your shit together that early, particularly if you were out Saturday night.

If we open the road, then it's all good because the NFL will gave, once again, unwittingly opened up a big can of whoop-ass on themselves. NO respect.

:archive::stirpot::Lecture:

This all day.

If we open the road, then it's all good because the NFL will gave, once again, unwittingly opened up a big can of whoop-ass on themselves. NO respect.

Far as game times go, I hate the night games, but I'd go with a late afternoon every time.

Yes, sunshine is always nice, but, overall, it's hard to get your shit together that early, particularly if you were out Saturday night.

do you ever wonder sometimes if the haters are actually right when they talk about the league loving the Pats and do shit like this just to keep them motivated? :shrug_n:

Personally, I think something like this would take a level of intelligence beyond their capacities but sometimes I wonder. It's almost like watching Inspector Clouseau stumble his way in to solving a crime.

No real feelings on the Thursday night opener, but the should open at home.

Bears-Packers should be the first Sunday night game. Super Bowl champs should get Thursday though I hate night games, too. Oh, well, beats being banned from Monday Night Football for decades! :D

I seem to be in the minority but I love primetime games.

I seem to be in the minority but I love primetime games.

My perspective is from an attendee point of view. I like Sunday night games. The late finish is offset by having the whole day to prepare and nap.

I no longer attend Thursday or Monday night games. It's just logistically very difficult.

Back