Pats Nickelback "Problem"

I dunno how long they're going to get away with Jalen Mills. I just feel like he's due for a Leigh Bodden meltdown in a big spot. Hope I'm wrong.

I dunno how long they're going to get away with Jalen Mills. I just feel like he's due for a Leigh Bodden meltdown in a big spot. Hope I'm wrong.
Leigh Bodden was very good. What's the issue with Jalen Mills? He's played well and gotten better all year.

Leigh Bodden was very good. What's the issue with Jalen Mills? He's played well and gotten better all year.
Bodden was really good for a while. He was good as a free agent pickup in 2010, but fell off a cliff in 2011. Mills never got to that point though. He's been playing better recently.

Mills is okay. He's done better than I feared. I do get the impression that he's always right on the edge of going "on tilt." But that's notoriously difficult to predict.

Mills is okay. He's done better than I feared. I do get the impression that he's always right on the edge of going "on tilt." But that's notoriously difficult to predict.
He was terrible at first...but, the last few weeks he's improved. How long will he keep this up though?

Bodden was really good for a while. He was good as a free agent pickup in 2010, but fell off a cliff in 2011. Mills never got to that point though. He's been playing better recently.
He had a career ending back injury. He was the best CB FA in 2009 by a mile and it was just bad luck he had the back injury/couldn't work through it. BB left him off the plane in 2010 heading into that Pitt game where NE slapped Pitt around with BJGE and Gronk.

I am still confused why people hate on Mills. He's new, he's gotten better every week and has produced when his number has been called. He's also a good tackler and versatile. Just because he isn't JC Jackson level doesn't mean he isn't contributing week to week.

He was terrible at first...but, the last few weeks he's improved. How long will he keep this up though?
He got torched on the TD last night, got burnt a couple of other times that thankfully the Bills couldn't take advantage of. Reminds me of Hank Poteat, tbh,

He got torched on the TD last night, got burnt a couple of other times that thankfully the Bills couldn't take advantage of. Reminds me of Hank Poteat, tbh,
See, I missed chunks of the game. I refuse to support BSPN. I missed the Billies TD. I recorded the game today on NFL Network. I'll rewatch it again.

A super accurate slant pass with the WR having nice inside position is "torched" in your mind? Weird. This is an offensive league. I don't know what he could have done there. The ball was perfectly thrown past Collins and only the WR could have caught it.

Torched to me is when you're nowhere near the play and get juked out of your shoes or something.

A good system player who is improving every game in my book. My lone complaint is he should have 3 INTs now including 1 last night.

Yeahhhh.....no.
He was superb. I remember him in Cleveland early on and was asking Browns fans about him. His 2009 season was good on a horrible D. So, yes. That's BB went out and signed him as opposed to overrated, twice as expensive players like Asamougha or later, Courtland Finnegan, both getting atrocious contracts at that time when the market was spiking out of control. Sucks Bodden had the back injury, because he and McCourty in 2010 would have been quite the duo that year.

A super accurate slant pass with the WR having nice inside position is "torched" in your mind? Weird. This is an offensive league. I don't know what he could have done there. The ball was perfectly thrown past Collins and only the WR could have caught it.

Torched to me is when you're nowhere near the play and get juked out of your shoes or something.

A good system player who is improving every game in my book. My lone complaint is he should have 3 INTs now including 1 last night.
He was beaten by 5 yards on a 15-yard pass.

He was beaten by 5 yards on a 15-yard pass.
Look,, I am not going to argue with you. There was no Safety in the middle. If anything, it was a bad alignment by NEs D. Allen threw a seed with the wind on a 1st read. I would have taken the same easy read and hit it as well by Josh Allen. Easy look, easy read, easy choice.

He had the Adaleius Thomas career, albeit shorter. Great first half of the first year, and then absolutely fell off a cliff.
This was back in the day, post SB 42 chokejob, where fans wanted an immediate fix overnight and then the fingerpointing started in a toxic 2009 locker room. Leigh Bodden was the least of that kind of a problem heading into 2010, hence he was still on the team. A career ending injury is a career ending injury. Adalius Thomas was All Pro in 2007 and then turned into a douche after it. It's not really the same thing.

Back