Pats sign O'Neal; other moves too

Didn't this guy return a punt for a TD against the Patriots in the 2003 season? I believe that was him, the intentional safety game against Denver is the game I am referencing here.

Yup.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/2008/09/monday-belichic-1.html
O'Neal has had some success against New England in the past; in a Nov. 2003 game when he was with the Broncos, he had a 57-yard punt return for a touchdown, and in 2001, he had a five-tackle, two-interception, four-pass defensed game against the Pats.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wonder if this will put the kibosh on the Ty Law talks. Unless they were desperate, I don't know why the Pats would bring his outspoken, me-first persona back into that locker room. :shrug:

this signing cannot hurt.

Might be a good fit.

Also could be like Tory James too though...

ROFL some of you are not happy about anything. Who did you want, night train lane?

Didn't this guy return a punt for a TD against the Patriots in the 2003 season? I believe that was him, the intentional safety game against Denver is the game I am referencing here.

Nope, same guy. I was gonna say "at least he returns punts".
At corner though he's got Duane Starks written all over him.

Nope, same guy. I was gonna say "at least he returns punts".
At corner though he's got Duane Starks written all over him.

He actually didn't return kicks/punts for CIN, did a lot for DEN though. Not saying he can't anymore, but he hasn't returned kicks full time since the 2003 season.

I don't think he will be starting for tha pats on defense. It will probally be Hobbs and Wheatney starting and him at nickle back.

Yeah.:) I hear ya believe me I have a ray of hope that he gets that fountain of youth rebirth alot of otherwise tired looking players get when they come here but I remember seeing him the last few years and his wheels had slow leaks if not flat out flats. But here's hoping he helps!

This should help...

ROFL ROFL

Yep, clearly the best place to look for defensive help is the Bungles scrap heap. ROFL

ROFL ROFL

Yep, clearly the best place to look for defensive help is the Bungles scrap heap. ROFL

Does he make guarentee's? If not we might have to look on your scrap heap.

ROFL ROFL

They were going to trade for one of the Steelers starting corners, but they realized neither of them would make the team.

looking at his career numbers he has actually had a good career but you are right he has been slipping the past few years if anything he could add a veteran prescense to our secondary and you never know, we might catch lightning in a bottle. Sure he ain't the best but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't happy with the signing.

looking at his career numbers he has actually had a good career but you are right he has been slipping the past few years if anything he could add a veteran prescense to our secondary and you never know, we might catch lightning in a bottle. Sure he ain't the best but I'd be lying to you if I said I wasn't happy with the signing.

Yeah and moss was slipping when he went to the raiders. O'neil was doing great on denver, and then became a FA, he went to a crap defense where he was placed on a island in a bad system and couldnt do much, it happens, hopefully enough of his confidence is not shot so he can come here and do well.

Good point, no lemme re-phrase that, great point. He was pretty damn good with Denver, He didn't have that great of a supporting D in CinCin but with the guys we have here I am pretty positive that if nothing else he can help out the young guys and not be the 2nd coming of Duane Starks

Good point, no lemme re-phrase that, great point. He was pretty damn good with Denver, He didn't have that great of a supporting D in CinCin but with the guys we have here I am pretty positive that if nothing else he can help out the young guys and not be the 2nd coming of Duane Starks

Its about above the shoulders, I mean the pats have taken pretty mediocre cb's and won with them. I know everyone in the sports world thinks Randall Gay is the second coming of Deion Sanders, but he was an undrafted rookie, Samuals was a 2nd rounder. I dont remmeber everyone calling them great until they played on the patriots. O'neil is capable of being very good to great and has shown he can do that and we should not judge him on what he did on a team that was aweful with no pass rush in cincy. I mean damn people were asking for Ty Law to come back.

Back