Pats sign WR Nelson Agholor

I've got a good buddy from Philly and we watch the Eagles a fair bit. He hated Agholor (did I mention he's from Philly?) and the knock on him was that he dropped too many catchable balls. He didn't look like much to me, but I might've been influenced.

However, I definitely noticed a different looking dude in Oakland and his stats from this year have a few career outliers. 18.7 YPC and 10.9 yards per target were his best and better than any of our regular WRs. Maybe he's started to figure some shit out. I would've preferred some of the other guys out there, but he's definitely an upgrade for us.

I doubt we've ever signed more FA talent in any one season than we did today.
He actually was decent last year...kinda like Fitzmagic.

Whenever I seen the 49ers play, Bourne ALWAYS dropped easy catches. It was as if he buttered up his gloves before every game. Yeah, that man deserves to be be paid over $7 million a year! :coffee:

He actually was decent last year...kinda like Fitzmagic.

Whenever I seen the 49ers play, Bourne ALWAYS dropped easy catches. It was as if he buttered up his gloves before every game. Yeah, that man deserves to be be paid over $7 million a year! :coffee:
I got the opposite impression of Bourne, not that I've seen him much.

I can't recall the particulars, but the Niners were down a couple of their top WRs and Bourne stepped up and had a nice game for himself. I can recall thinking that we can't find
anybody that can catch a pass and other teams have 4th or 5th WRs capable of being productive.

I had a lot of those kind of thoughts last year.

I've only watched a few 49ers games, but, I must have seen his bad games...Kittle was generally good, Samuel was decent, Bourne dropped more than the others.

I've looked up past post game comments about his performances...

"Kendrick Bourne will either makes all the catches or drop all the catches"

"The 25-year-old has evolved as a receiver as far as route running and improving after the catch. It's easy to remember Bourne's drops, but you'd be ignoring all of the clutch third-down ..."

"Bourne ranks fourth on the 49ers with 15 receptions for 200 yards and two touchdowns. He has three drops, according to PFF. On Monday, he caught four passes for 42 yards and a touchdown, along with a reception on a two-point conversion. But the ones got away were what made the more lasting impression."

"Kendrick Bourne leaving 49ers for Patriots on 3-year, $22.5 million deal → ... Bourne had his frustrating drops, but don't forget some absolutely crucial catches as well. ... A lot of sour ..."

"Kendrick Bourne on building confidence, locking in and dancing his way through the end zone. ... Maybe one of the problems with those drops is that your hands are so good that you didn't. yeah. Yeah just to relax. ... can do better and what's your process going back just getting more jugs cuz like for the week we don't we don't get a lot of ..."

View: https://www.facebook.com/SANFRANCISCO49ERS/videos/kendrick-bourne-recaps-week-14/567041477199133/?__so__=permalink&__rv__=related_videos

...sounds like he's hot or cold.

I've got a good buddy from Philly and we watch the Eagles a fair bit. He hated Agholor (did I mention he's from Philly?) and the knock on him was that he dropped too many catchable balls. He didn't look like much to me, but I might've been influenced.

However, I definitely noticed a different looking dude in Oakland and his stats from this year have a few career outliers. 18.7 YPC and 10.9 yards per target were his best and better than any of our regular WRs. Maybe he's started to figure some shit out. I would've preferred some of the other guys out there, but he's definitely an upgrade for us.

I doubt we've ever signed more FA talent in any one season than we did today.

Philly used him in the slot. Oakland put him outside (Z mostly) where his route running and speed could be used to best advantage for crossers and digs over the middle with no fear.

Last edited:
Back