Pats Tender Mankins and others

Knowing that he's looking for long-term security, as he's stated in the past, I wonder how pissed off he is right now.

Well, at least no one else will get him this year.

I wish they'd quit dicking around their players like this. Logan probably isn't asking to be overpaid, give him a damn contract.

Woods is a right of first refusal. He'll probably end up in KC.

Ghost is a 2nd, you're right, Jay. He's good, and someone might just go ahead and make an offer.

Please tell me that Bodden, Faulk and TBC get signed before midnight someone.

Geebus...I hope they are just letting those guys test the market so they will know what a decent contract should look like.
DO
NOT
LET
GHOST
WALK.
Kickers like that are NOT a dime a dozen and he's young.

Blech. At least they didn't slap Mankins with the original comp tender (1st round pick for him) at 1.2 mil.. Give him a contract.

So does this mean that they just couldn't get a deal done with these guys?

So does this mean that they just couldn't get a deal done with these guys?
I am HOPING they are just letting them get an idea of their value...then they will have a better basis with which to negotiate & sign them. Both the tendered ones and the ones like Bodden.

I want back Ghost, Vince, Bodden, and LoLo long term.
I am not really worried about Faulk because much as I love him and don't want to see him walk... I think he will just sign a deal with the Pats no matter what.

Yeah, Gostowski too. He's about 1 of 5 competent kickers in the league.

Letting the market dicatate salary hasnt worked out real well, lets get proactive and start signing guys...

Letting the market dicatate salary hasnt worked out real well, lets get proactive and start signing guys...

They could have gotten Wilpork for cheaper had they not waited until the last minute, now his fat ass wants a ton of dough.

Mess around with jerkoffs like Asante if you want, but don't screw with guys like Mankins who do what's asked and probably won't ask for the highest possible contract they can get. Those are the guys you keep.

Back