Pats Tender Mankins and others

Letting the market dicatate salary hasnt worked out real well, lets get proactive and start signing guys...

I think in the past if the Pats let the guy get to the last year, they were ok letting him walk because they had an idea that they wouldn't be able to fit the guy into a contract they wanted to pay. And I can't think of one case except Gaffney that their strategy/decision on value really pissed me off.

I think this year is different...for all teams..due to the CBA. The dynamics of negotiations are out of kilter. I bet you most of them including the Pats want to keep a majority of their RFA players. However it does not keep me from spazzing over the thought of losing some of them. :D
And we don't know what exactly VW was offered but at least we are pretty sure there was a deal on the table pre FT.

Geebus...I hope they are just letting those guys test the market so they will know what a decent contract should look like.
DO
NOT
LET
GHOST
WALK.
Kickers like that are NOT a dime a dozen and he's young.

I'm a little surprised by this.

A #2 is not too much to give up for such a proven kicker IMO. Someone very late in the round(Indy for example) could be willing to jump all over this for a kid in his prime,accurate,and booming kickoffs only to be better in a dome.

And both their existing kickers are long in the tooth.

I hope I'm not swearing a lot in the next week or so

I wish they'd quit dicking around their players like this. Logan probably isn't asking to be overpaid, give him a damn contract.

Its not about that, you have to hold on to your value and this is the way to do it. Nobody is dicking anyone, the pats know how to spend money and who to do it on, they are not going to be the raiders and pay stupid money for players, notice how teams like the raiders and skins are every year.

I'm a little surprised by this.

A #2 is not too much to give up for such a proven kicker IMO. Someone very late in the round(Indy for example) could be willing to jump all over this for a kid in his prime,accurate,and booming kickoffs only to be better in a dome.

And both their existing kickers are long in the tooth.

Who said the pats are letting him go for a second, all they have to do is match the tender and there is no trade.

Its not about that, you have to hold on to your value and this is the way to do it. Nobody is dicking anyone, the pats know how to spend money and who to do it on, they are not going to be the raiders and pay stupid money for players, notice how teams like the raiders and skins are every year.

And yet you're begging them to sign Boldin.

And yet you're begging them to sign Boldin.

We need boldin, what does that have to do with tendering players? At least stick to the topic. We have those guy on contract and are able to do things like tender, we do not have boldin.

We need boldin, what does that have to do with tendering players? At least stick to the topic. We have those guy on contract and are able to do things like tender, we do not have boldin.

Do you even read your own post?

Do you even read your own post?

You are not getting this....let me try again...The raiders paid stupid money for a DT that had 1 sack in 3 years...boldin is a 80-90 catch receiver for 1200-1400 yards and 10-12 td's....get it now?

This isn't true at all.

If some team offers Ghost $3.4 million/per 4 yr deal and we choose not to match we get a #2.

Isn't it based off matching the tender offer? Like welker for example when the phins didnt match it.

No worries about the Ghost! I mean, who'd be willing to give up a 2nd for a solid kicker? Unless maybe they watched the unprecedented amount of botched FG kicking this past post-season. Which I'm pretty much assuming that TPTB in the 31 other NFL teams did. So...like I said...no worr...ummmm...errrr...nevermind. :spock: :(

Stupid money = stupid money, regardless of position.

Do you get that?

No, because good players in the NFL make good money, if you are not going to pay them good money you do not have good players. What you dont want to do is played mediocre players big money. If you think you are getting a 90 catch receiver right now if FA for a low cost you are in dream land.

You need to maybe try reading what I wrote and understanding it before you pipe in, it seems to be what you bitch to me about all the time.

I'm under the impression any team can come in and offer what they want.

If we do not match we get a second round pick.

Nobody would ever do it, and why wouldnt they all just put the highest tender? Its about matching that tender offer.

Back