Pats Tender Mankins and others

No, because good players in the NFL make good money, if you are not going to pay them good money you do not have good players. What you dont want to do is played mediocre players big money. If you think you are getting a 90 catch receiver right now if FA for a low cost you are in dream land.

I told you before. Keep your 80-90 catch guys. That hasn't won us poop.

Give me 5-6 guys with 40-50 catches per, a stronger running game, and TE's actually used. That got us 3 Lombardi's.

I told you before. Keep your 80-90 catch guys. That hasn't won us poop.

Give me 5-6 guys with 40-50 catches per, a stronger running game, and TE's actually used. That got us 3 Lombardi's.

No, a defense got us 3 lombardi's, we do not have that anymore, so we need to score more. The pats run game in 2003 was a joke, what TE's were catching 60 balls in superbowl years? We do not have any 50 catch guys on this team right now except moss, so where are they coming from? You need to look over this roster and tell me what is lining up at receiver next year.

Nobody would ever do it, and why wouldnt they all just put the highest tender? Its about matching that tender offer.

no it is tendered to maintain the rights of the player...there are different levels of tenders

think cirtis martin, he Pats tendered him with the intent to match any offer, Tuna screwed them with a poison pill part of the deal that made it impossible for the Pats to match it....since Martin was tendered at the highest level the Pats got the Jets 1st and 3rd round picks

Mid-
They wouldn't just put the first round tender on every RFA because then THEY are stuck with the tender at that amount if no one is interested.

No, a defense got us 3 lombardi's, we do not have that anymore, so we need to score more. The pats run game in 2003 was a joke, what TE's were catching 60 balls in superbowl years? We do not have any 50 catch guys on this team right now except moss, so where are they coming from? You need to look over this roster and tell me what is lining up at receiver next year.

exactly so keep the big name WR and take that $9,000,000 a year and buy a defense and win

Nobody would ever do it, and why wouldnt they all just put the highest tender? Its about matching that tender offer.

Of course they would.

And if you give the max tender you're on the hook for the minimum salary that comes with that.

Second round tender is for X dollars. If no team offers more and we don't have to match another offer we guarantee the player X dollars.

Max tender is for say 2X. Same deal. If no other team offers more we are guaranteeing paying the player 2X dollars.

Teams try to avoid max tender in order to keep salary down. But that opens the door to higher offers from other clubs who value the player more than you do or need the position more than you do.

exactly so keep the big name WR and take that $9,000,000 a year and buy a defense and win

Where is this defense for sale at? The pats have to throw to someone, remember brown, branch, givens? Dont have those anywhere on this team. Still need it. 2003 superbowl brady had to set a record in completions to win the superbowl, sorry this is not the 2000 ravens with trent dilfer.

I'm a little surprised by this.

A #2 is not too much to give up for such a proven kicker IMO. Someone very late in the round(Indy for example) could be willing to jump all over this for a kid in his prime,accurate,and booming kickoffs only to be better in a dome.

And both their existing kickers are long in the tooth.
D00d..I will personally strangle NaPolian if that happens. :D

Where is this defense for sale at? The pats have to throw to someone, remember brown, branch, givens? Dont have those anywhere on this team. Still need it. 2003 superbowl brady had to set a record in completions to win the superbowl, sorry this is not the 2000 ravens with trent dilfer.

Thanks for making my point.

Not a one of them was close to a $9 mil/year guy.

Players are out there, thru FA and the draft. It's up to the front office to find them.

Of course they would.

And if you give the max tender you're on the hook for the minimum salary that comes with that.

Second round tender is for X dollars. If no team offers more and we don't have to match another offer we guarantee the player X dollars.

Max tender is for say 2X. Same deal. If no other team offers more we are guaranteeing paying the player 2X dollars.

Teams try to avoid max tender in order to keep salary down. But that opens the door to higher offers from other clubs who value the player more than you do or need the position more than you do.

The good thing about it is, you do not lose your player for nothing and you still have first rights to match any offer. Its the best way to do it if you cannot get a contract signed, and especially when you have no idea what the money will be like in the next two years. You want to sign a huge guarenteed contract right now when there might not be football in 2011?

Players are out there, thru FA and the draft. It's up to the front office to find them.

WE DO NOT HAVE THEM ON OUR TEAM? What are you not getting? We NEED wide outs, they are not going to fall from the sky. Who in FA that is good enough to be this teams number 2 is setting out there for cheap money? Receivers are hardly ever good in their first year, so teh draft is for the future not for now.

Remeber when Bill used a 4th round pick on a young kicker after letting an aging one sign for big bucks with a conference rival and the media and some fans freaked out about it?

Yeah! That was Awesome!

Remeber when Bill used a 4th round pick on a young kicker after letting an aging one sign for big bucks with a conference rival and the media and some fans freaked out about it?

Yeah! That was Awesome!

Sorry no Randy Moss's out there for a 4th rounder this year.

WE DO NOT HAVE THEM ON OUR TEAM? What are you not getting? We NEED wide outs, they are not going to fall from the sky. Who in FA that is good enough to be this teams number 2 is setting out there for cheap money? Receivers are hardly ever good in their first year, so teh draft is for the future not for now.

Players come out of the draft every year and make an impact right away. You keep harping on 80 catches,80 catches, 80 catches. It doesn't have to be that way. We can go back to having 5-6 guys with 40 without much trouble.

free agency, draft or trade for someone....just like in 2001

^^^this

right and we will have less if they over pay for a player leaving holes all over the place

The good thing about it is, you do not lose your player for nothing and you still have first rights to match any offer. Its the best way to do it if you cannot get a contract signed, and especially when you have no idea what the money will be like in the next two years. You want to sign a huge guarenteed contract right now when there might not be football in 2011?

And going back to my original point, which you started to argue over, is that now you're letting another team establish your salary structure.

You need to maybe try reading what I wrote and understanding it before you pipe in, it seems to be what you bitch to me about all the time.

While I understand what you're trying to say here, I think you need to realize that a lot of folks don't need a whole lot of specific reasons to bitch at you. Some obscure part of the brain (totally detached from the part you use in school) is in charge of this response. It's probably an adaptation that Darwin could explain.

Cheers, BostonTim

If you had to chose between Boldin or a Pass rusher which one would it be Midy? Is your WR bonner on par with your Pass rusher bonner?
I say instead of signig Bolding we improve our O-line and give Brady more time in the pockett. By doing that we are making opponents pass rush inefective thus our WR, no matter who they are, will get oppen because like someone told me once, "Pass rush is all that matters".

If you had to chose between Boldin or a Pass rusher which one would it be Midy? Is your WR bonner on par with your Pass rusher bonner?
I say instead of signig Bolding we improve our O-line and give Brady more time in the pockett. By doing that we are making opponents pass rush inefective thus our WR, no matter who they are, will get oppen because like someone told me once, "Pass rush is all that matters".

I will ask again since you didnt answer, who is lining up at recevier next year?

Back