Peaches!

Best part of the new job in South Carolina has got to be the farm stand peaches...
We used to hit the OBX in late august early sept. till our Dear baby sister, Kathy in Chester VA passed.. My Sister Pat always stopped on her trip down and a grab a bushel of Giant Juicy Perfect Farmstand Peaches in NC near the banks. . Oh my GOD. Just Oh my God. So yes I damned well hear you!

Cheers

Hi hope all is well!
When my daughter was in Georgia that’s all we ate while there.

~Dee~
Thank you! I'm fine and hope you are also.

This is the time of year when I keep really busy as I try to fill the coffers with nature's bounty. Along with those peaches, there are 15 quarts of green beans. I will soon be adding jars of salsa and some kick butt tomato juice that makes great chili. The secret ingredient is horseradish.

I will also be freezing a lot of sweetcorn. If you have ever tasted sweetcorn that has been freshly frozen, you would understand why I turn up my nose at the stuff in the grocery stores.

Peach season was in March ( or maybe April?) here, I have a miniature tree, produces 4 to 10 (maybe more) peaches per branch. Trick is get them ripe enough before the birds ( or rats or whatever) get to them.
It was a good season. Have a bunch frozen. Gave neighbors a bunch. Only one with a peach tree near by.

Last edited:
I made a good old fashioned Peach Cobbler Saturday night from scratch. So yummy served warm right out of the oven with vanilla ice cream.
Had it for breakfast Sunday morning along with a Peach Fizz.
I'll tell ya, that brought wonderful memories of my childhood! Gone within 24 hrs. Had to make another one last night.
There's nothing like a big juicy ripe peach. Yum!!

Back