Pet Peeve(s)

Nice going, you two. I applaud the civility.

I have a bunch of pet peeves. All of them have bugged me for years and one in particular is the
bane of my existence.

The packaging industry, more specifically, when you "TEAR HERE" and end up reaching for the scissors
because it tears too long and won't open, or too short and there is nothing you
can get your fingers on. "EASY OPEN" is another sick, twisted joke and everybody knows it.

Sometimes the machines put too much adhesive on the bags and an Olympic weightlifter couldn't open
them. Others, there isn't enough and the zipper detaches from the rest of the bag rendering it useless and
you've got to break out the sandwich bags or whatever.

It's quite upsetting, because when bags/boxes work it is a thing of beauty, nice clean tear and no effort and when it doesn't
it creates a hellscape mess in plastic or cardboard and my personal sense of dignity and humanity is totally
violated.

A related issue which sometimes makes me doubt my manhood is, for instance, a microwaveable cup of brown rice
with a plastic seal at the top. Who can get those things off? I wonder if I need testosterone or if my hands are
winter dry. The rice is good and convenient, but is it worth the humiliation? Still worse, I wonder if everybody else
just rips them off with no effort. [cue echo effect] Maybe it is only me-e-e-e [/end echo effect}

I swear.....when I become the Overlord of Humanity those fuckers will pay. I swear it.

look on the bright side, Hawgie. when you do in fact get the wrapping off, you've expended so much energy that you have effectively nullified the calories in the food!😁

Nice going, you two. I applaud the civility.

I have a bunch of pet peeves. All of them have bugged me for years and one in particular is the
bane of my existence.

The packaging industry, more specifically, when you "TEAR HERE" and end up reaching for the scissors
because it tears too long and won't open, or too short and there is nothing you
can get your fingers on. "EASY OPEN" is another sick, twisted joke and everybody knows it.

Sometimes the machines put too much adhesive on the bags and an Olympic weightlifter couldn't open
them. Others, there isn't enough and the zipper detaches from the rest of the bag rendering it useless and
you've got to break out the sandwich bags or whatever.

It's quite upsetting, because when bags/boxes work it is a thing of beauty, nice clean tear and no effort and when it doesn't
it creates a hellscape mess in plastic or cardboard and my personal sense of dignity and humanity is totally
violated.

A related issue which sometimes makes me doubt my manhood is, for instance, a microwaveable cup of brown rice
with a plastic seal at the top. Who can get those things off? I wonder if I need testosterone or if my hands are
winter dry. The rice is good and convenient, but is it worth the humiliation? Still worse, I wonder if everybody else
just rips them off with no effort. [cue echo effect] Maybe it is only me-e-e-e [/end echo effect}

I swear.....when I become the Overlord of Humanity those fuckers will pay. I swear it.
The irony of it all is when you open up your package...and it's damaged.

:coffee:

Putting an empty milk carton back in the fridge. It might be funny the first few times...but, not after that.

and the addendum: their failure becomes your duty to fix
Well, ain't that the truth.

Most of the first half of my career was in departments where there was little to no incentive to do anything correctly and those that did were often lectured by their peers on slowing down or fucking up on purpose so as not to make them look even worse. Mostly Union enviornments.

I always looked forward to those little lectures and after a while people learned to leave me alone. "You don't sign my fucking checks" was one of my pet responses and also "it's one thing to have a shitty job and it's another to do a shitty job at a shitty job". I always had a good work ethic instilled in me by my parents and I took pride in the fact that nothing or nobody could completely kill that instinct.

Ever since I've been fascinated with how half-assed workers do their thing and I will go out of my way to compliment people that do their jobs well regardless of a direct benefit to them. "if I had a
company, I'd hire you on the spot" never fails to make people smile.....feel a little bit of pride.

I hate people who spread conspiracies. I really hate anti-vaxxers.

Organized religion can hit the bricks as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
iu

Well, you're going to really love today's news.
I assume you're talking about the Catholic church telling people to not get the J&J COVID vaccine because it uses the abortion-derived cell line. They're such a WONDERFUL organization.

Last edited:
I assume you're talking about the Catholic church telling people to not get the J&J COVID vaccine because it uses the abortion-derived cell line. They're such a WONDERFUL organization.
i work at a jesuit university and they censured students who expressed pro life sentiments in chalk on our sidewalks. and students/ faculty/staff basically silenced a student who wrote non extreme leftist editorials in the paper such as questioning the jesuit mission suitability behind the school sponsoring a drag show. i will not engage in a political discussion here about it, but i am merely reporting the counterpoint that academia>>>>>>>>>>religion in schools🤷‍♀️

Back