Pet Peeve(s)

“Claps back”.

How friggin’ pathetic are we as a society that we have to use this idiotic term? So juvenile.
did you write this? 😄

clapback

A dumb-assed replacement phrase for the word-phrase "comeback", which, in normal people English, means "retort".
It makes no sense since "clap" is a word that doesn't represent anything having to do with the meaning of the intention behind the phrase, and meaning something completely different.
In fact, you could replace the verb aspect of this word-phrase with almost any verb, such as:

Fartback
Pushback
Suckback
Blowback
Pickleback
Sayback

and the dumb-assedness of the phrase stays the same, since the focus isn't on it's etymology, but the intention of meaning that the speaker has. The reason that this is dumb is because words mean things and, now, we're arriving at a place where any word can mean anything. This, of course, will inevitably lead to the world simply "barking" at each other like dogs would since, in the future, all we'll need to do is make noises at each other to get our points across since no specific word holds any intrinsic meaning anymore.
Steve: "I was watching YouTube videos and I hear them continue using the word "Clapback", but I can't understand what they mean. The meaning just sounds like "comeback" to me."

Andy: "Yep. You're right Steve. That's pretty much all it means."

Steve: "But we already had a word to describe that. Why would people want to make up another one?"

Andy: "To quote the band The Refreshments' song 'Banditos', "Everybody knows that the world is full of stupid people."
by My Diction is Reckless December 6, 2017

FrlqcF1akAI-xgG

went into a nice store yesterday full of jewelry costing no less than $500. i'm looking in a case, and i hear some babbling baby talk coming from my left at another counter. before i could process it,something was whipping around my legs sniffing me. wtf??? i jumped. it was the owner's dog. did they apologize? no. did they go get the dog and take it away? also nope.
suffice it to say i will never set foot in there again. THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT LOVE YOUR PET NOR DO WE NEED TO GO INTO STORES AND HAVE TO THINK ABOUT BEING ACCOSTED BY YOUR PET. maybe i should get an emotional support boa constrictor. 🤔

went into a nice store yesterday full of jewelry costing no less than $500. i'm looking in a case, and i hear some babbling baby talk coming from my left at another counter. before i could process it,something was whipping around my legs sniffing me. wtf??? i jumped. it was the owner's dog. did they apologize? no. did they go get the dog and take it away? also nope.
suffice it to say i will never set foot in there again. THE WHOLE WORLD DOES NOT LOVE YOUR PET NOR DO WE NEED TO GO INTO STORES AND HAVE TO THINK ABOUT BEING ACCOSTED BY YOUR PET. maybe i should get an emotional support boa constrictor. 🤔
I don't know. I don't think pets should be allowed everywhere but I'm not going to let an overly friendly dog ruin my day. Now if one bites me. That's a different story.

Unless it's a seeing-eye dog, animals shouldn't be allowed in any stores. Imagine when I first started seeing them in restaurants.

I don't know. I don't think pets should be allowed everywhere but I'm not going to let an overly friendly dog ruin my day. Now if one bites me. That's a different story.
my problem is really with the owners. how do they truly know what their free roaming dog will or won't do upon approaching a stranger? answer:they don't.
i have gone to other stores where the owners couldn't bear to be away from their dogs for an entire workday;hence,they had the dog there. if they are fenced into a room or something,well it's the owner's business and liability. and they aren't letting it run loose so i don't complain.
why has this become a thing especially over the past decade with dogs,owners having the inability to leave them at home for even one nanosecond?
#theyrethesamepeoplewhoridetheirbikesonroadswith45mphspeedlimitsarentthey?

Weekend hockey tournament for my son. Same hotel, people were in town for some kind of dog show. Why would you put both on the same floor????

Also, if you've trained your dog to be still while it's being "judged", how come you can't teach it to shut the f*ck up at 4 a.m.???

my problem is really with the owners. how do they truly know what their free roaming dog will or won't do upon approaching a stranger? answer:they don't.
i have gone to other stores where the owners couldn't bear to be away from their dogs for an entire workday;hence,they had the dog there. if they are fenced into a room or something,well it's the owner's business and liability. and they aren't letting it run loose so i don't complain.
why has this become a thing especially over the past decade with dogs,owners having the inability to leave them at home for even one nanosecond?
#theyrethesamepeoplewhoridetheirbikesonroadswith45mphspeedlimitsarentthey?
You would definitely NOT like to eat out in the south of France.

I had expressed number 1 on here a couple of years ago but number 2 is closing fast!

1- Throwing cigarettes on the ground or out of car windows.

2- Asking me to tip when I ordered online, paid online, drove myself to get the food and came inside to get it myself.

Last edited:

That's the problem. Some owners are too stupid to realize their precious fur baby may act differently with a stranger in a strange environment than it does with them at home. Especially young children who want to get right up in a dog's face! "Oh, don't worry, Fifi would never bite." You know how many times I heard that over my 45 year veterinary career?

That's the problem. Some owners are too stupid to realize their precious fur baby may act differently with a stranger in a strange environment than it does with them at home. Especially young children who want to get right up in a dog's face! "Oh, don't worry, Fifi would never bite." You know how many times I heard that over my 45 year veterinary career?
Here's something you might find interesting. If you haven't seen it already.:

An anti-aging drug for dogs promises to win owners more time with old pets. It could be FDA-approved soon.

Back