Peyton, Brady, Mac and Greatness

The debate raged for years during the most bitter and beautiful rivalry I've seen in professional football, who was better Manning or Brady. The focus was mainly on the players to a good degree as it should be but there many other factors that play into this debate

I have heard many wonder if Peyton would have been considered far greater than Tom had he had a great defense.

I think not.

From seeing it up close and personal for over 20 years I think it is the fundamental difference is in organizational philosophy, not just the defense.

The team of Kraft and Hoodie are second to none in NFL history. This organization just bleeds and breeds success flowing from its fundamental principles.

Bill, I assert afforded Brady the environment, coaches, and direction to develop and he handled him to perfection, it's what he does, gets the most out of all his players.

That takes nothing away from Tom cuz it was on him to develop in that situation. It was his heart, fire, and driven determination that made him the GOAT.

I have seen only one other player with Tom's level of drive and incredible will to win and that was Michael Jordan.

One major difference though, MJ was phenomenally gifted athletically, Brady, not so much. LOL.

But much like Tom, he had that fire and they were more clutch than any other players I can think of. When it’s all on the line they kick it into another insane gear, a level of focus and athletic skill second to none, and nailed it far more often than not.

Peyton had the gifts and the pedigree and training but it seems he was lacking somewhere in that realm. Still a helluva QB. One of the greatest to ever toss a pigskin.

Bottom line, Brady started out solid, developed into the all-world player, second to none but it was Bob Kraft and Bill Belichick who created the culture of winning and the perfect environment for Brady.

Now, as the dynasty enters its 3rd iteration let’s see what they do with Mac Jones. He has every chance and skill to be one of the all-time greats. It’s up to him.

Last edited:

Not sure what you didn't get about this: That takes nothing away from Tom cuz it was on him to develop in that situation. It was his heart, fire, and driven determination that made him the GOAT.

I grew up in my dad's business and ran my own for over 20 very successful years. You are so far off base on what creates a winning organization it's scary, But I know where you come from and believe it is the workers the create the value of a company. While they are valuable and ought to be treated as such, they are not essential, the creator is.

An organization's culture is created from the top-down as it must and should just be logically obvious. The creators of the organizational philosophy are the prime movers. Employees are just that, and there are some that contribute much to culture and success but make no mistake, no employee is greater than a properly founded organization. The company provides the venue to shine, but they created nothing but their own skill to be utilized in the most efficient manner possible with the goal of organizational success the absolute.

I have had probably had a thousand employees over the years and I can say almost without equivocation, none would have been capable of creating the business I did, many of the ones that could have had no interest in the 18 hour days and massive amount of energy and thought that goes into any such endeavor.
My employees who were quality bought into my organizational philosophy and ran with it, NOT the other way around.

Dynasty has moved south on the banks of the St Johns River. Trevor > Mac. :coffee:

Wanna fight? :rofl:

This could be an epic Brady/Manning debate for years to come. It's up to them what they do, I just know that Mac was drafted into the golden land of opportunity to develop his skillset and matches perfectly with this organizational philosophy. Do the Jags even have one? :)

Wanna fight? :rofl:

This could be an epic Brady/Manning debate for years to come. It's up to them what they do, I just know that Mac was drafted into the golden land of opportunity to develop his skillset and matches perfectly with this organizational philosophy. Do the Jags even have one? :)
As much as I hated Urban in college as a coach I feel his personality fits better in the pros. Seem as though the buy in is happening here.

Even if Urban leaves after 3 or so years. I think Trevor will be at a point in his career were what he says with regards to culture to existing and players coming in new will make a difference. You can say Kraft BB but without that Superstar QB working his ass off in the offseason and others watchin this happen you have a grumpy old man and a massage loving owner with winning seasons ever few years. Possibly even 3 to 4 years in a row. Fact is the Patriots over the last 20 years was perfect match of all 3 without one of those 3 it looks nothing like it did.

As much as I hated Urban in college as a coach I feel his personality fits better in the pros. Seem as though the buy in is happening here.

Even if Urban leaves after 3 or so years. I think Trevor will be at a point in his career were what he says with regards to culture to existing and players coming in new will make a difference. You can say Kraft BB but without that Superstar QB working his ass off in the offseason and others watchin this happen you have a grumpy old man and a massage loving owner with winning seasons ever few years. Possibly even 3 to 4 years in a row. Fact is the Patriots over the last 20 years was perfect match of all 3 without one of those 3 it looks nothing like it did.

Yes, the synergy was palpable, however, I have maintained and can absolutely back up the success was created from the top down.

I hope you guys kill it and we have massive debates on this topic for years to come, but that organization has switched philosophies so many times I will have to see the quality change in my own eyes.

One player or employee, not even of the highest level makes a football team or successful company.

Dynasty has moved south on the banks of the St Johns River. Trevor > Mac. :coffee:
video portrayal of your actual Delusionary State, Jaggy :p

iu

I won't get too far into this as much as I love @johnlocke and I love a good debate, more less just because I have been there done this debate too much and it always ends nasty hahahaa. I have no problem admitting Brady is the GOAT with Peyton right behind.

The only thing I will add here that really tarnishes Manning (outside of the obvious, Brady has way more SB's) is how he was one and done early in his career. For 8 years, he only had one conf final to show for all his efforts (very similar to Luck actually) It wasn't until 2006 that Peyton went to a SB and won, and then returned 3 years later, and then returned 3 years later after that, and 2 years later. So I guess the last 10 years of his career he went to 4 Super Bowl's and won 2 which is a very nice stat, but starting your career with the one and done's he had really hurt. Another thing that hurt was the one and done against the Chargers in 07 and 08. 07 wasn't as big of a deal because they would have lost to the Patriots in the Conf final anyway, but 08 hurt a lot. Colts won 12 straight and lost to a 8-8 Chargers team, in which they beat in the regular season. BLA!!!!! Losing to the Chargers in 07 without Rivers in the second half, and to the 8-8 Chargers in 08 in my opinion is much worse than losing to the damn Pats in 03 and 04. Patriots were a dynasty and a tough team to beat who had the advantage with the weather. Chargers didn't have any advantage, it was unacceptable to lose to that team two years in a row.

Anyway, I am going to go and drink some coffee now.

Back