Philip Rivers retires

TipRoast

The years teach much which the days never know.
Reaction score
The Patriots have owned this player for most of his career, and he never made a Super Bowl despite playing on some really talented teams.

But I will always remember his performance in 2007 playoffs, gutting it out on one leg and almost willing his team to victory on the road in Foxboro, while his star running back, Ladanian Tomlinson, sat on the bench.

Here's a link to the story about his retirement.

Had a nice season to end things with the Colts. Pretty mediocre career for all those talented teams he had in SD.

He's douchey and overrated. He did have a good last game though against Buff. Was sure he'd shart himself in the clutch like he did so often. saw on pft people saying he should be in the h.o.f.
good god.
Just looked at the numbers - 17 year career, but his team made the playoffs in only 7 of them. Career playoff record of 5-7, and his playoff stats are quite ordinary for someone whose entire career occurred during the Bill Polian adjusted rules era that hamstring defensive backs.

Playing during a golden age of QBs, where the competition consists of Brady, P. Manning, Rodgers, Brees and Roethisberger, means he was never a top-five QB. It doesn't mean he was untalented, but it does relegate him to the hall of the very good.

I actually liked him! I liked his attitude and the trash-talking and his teammates always liked him and respected him.

Rivers and Gates were a terrific combo. And he hated Jay Cutler which was an added bonus!

I actually liked him! I liked his attitude and the trash-talking and his teammates always liked him and respected him.

Rivers and Gates were a terrific combo. And he hated Jay Cutler which was an added bonus!
i wonder why... rivers went 5-1 vs the chargers when cutler was there...

He's douchey and overrated. He did have a good last game though against Buff. Was sure he'd shart himself in the clutch like he did so often. saw on pft people saying he should be in the h.o.f.
good god.
I always thought of him as 2nd tier - he'd have some really great games but he'd scatter some real duds amongst them. Inconsistent almost to the point of Fitzpatrick.

I always thought of him as 2nd tier - he'd have some really great games but he'd scatter some real duds amongst them. Inconsistent almost to the point of Fitzpatrick.
You mean good ol' "trick or treat" Fitzpatrick?

Cheers

He was a freaking gamer and I liked him a lot. I was at that game in Foxboro when he gimped it out, and always admired him from then on.
IIRC that was the same game with Tomlinson sitting on the bench with teh sads. Which of course I could not enjoy till I saw it at home later.

He trash talked plenty but he never cursed or was profane to anyone. Props there too.

Back