Philly back up news...and guess who....

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Report: Eagles interested in Brett Favre

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/23/report-eagles-interested-in-brett-favre/related

Howard Eskin of WIP radio in Philly reports that the Eagles could sign quarterback Brett Favre as a backup to Mike Vick, after Kevin Kolb is shipped out of town.

Sources told Eskin, who serves as a sideline reporter for the team’s radio broadcasts, that it’s “possible” the Eagles will sign Favre.

The move would reunite Favre with Andy Reid, who was an assistant with the Packers before becoming a head coach in 1999.

Favre had approached the Seahawks about possibly becoming the successor to Matt Hasselbeck, a move that makes sense given the arrival of former Vikings offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell as offensive coordinator. The Seahawks supposedly declined. (The Seahawks privately are denying that any of this happened.)

In Philly, Favre would be the safety valve in the event Mike Vick gets injured or regresses. A master of the West Coast offense, Favre would provide a major upgrade over Mike Kakfa. Plus, it would give Favre another chance to ride off into the sunset with a Lombardi Trophy in his pocket, even if he has to pry it from Mike Vick’s hands.

If this happens, anyone know any snipers that could get in and out and get a shot off and not get noticed.....

Seeing as I hate the Eagles, I love this news. At quarterback they will not have a dog-killing thug gambler and someone who can't tell that he is jumping the shark. The train wreck will be fun to watch.:thumb:

So, he's baaaack. This time as a backup to Vick. And Kolb gets shipped to Arizona. Or where ever. Didn't we know he would come back to haunt us?

I'm past caring and won't pay any attention to Favre unless he comes into the SB game vs the Pats. I'm beyond done with him.

When he's inducted into the HOF, it might be easier to list the teams he DIDN'T play for...

He's the Ricky Henderson of the NFL...

Just sayin...

Report: Eagles interested in Brett Favre

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/23/report-eagles-interested-in-brett-favre/related

If this happens, anyone know any snipers that could get in and out and get a shot off and not get noticed.....

I don't know why the Eagles didnt draft Tyrod Taylor to be Vick's backup, he's almost a clone of Vick and you wouldnt have to change the offense around at all if Vick went down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_cRSYokIQc

Per rotoworld:

Fox Sports' Jay Glazer has spoken with two Eagles sources who gave an "emphatic no" when asked if they are targeting Brett Favre to back up Michael Vick.

Glazer says he's attempting to "end the uproar now," but it's never that easy with Favre. And we've learned to believe nothing the Eagles say on potential trades and signings. Vick did not help matters Sunday when he tweeted he'd be "honored" to have Favre as his backup. Many observers have stated that they could never see Favre accepting a backup role, but that would seem to underestimate his appetite for money and/or a revision of his legacy. While the odds appear long that Favre ends up in Philly, you don't need to be reminded of his habit for defying long odds.

Awww, it would've been funny.

That's it another with the damn Bret Favre coming out of retirement crap. WE all know he always has to be the central of attention.

That's it another with the damn Bret Favre coming out of retirement crap. WE all know he always has to be the central of attention.
Give him a beer and a Vicodin and convinvce him to finally retire.:Fart:

I'm sure ESPN will be covering this story every 5 minutes even if there's a 0.5% chance of it happening.

Dollars to donuts this 'information' didn't come from the Eagles, but from Favre or his agent.

I was watching NFLN last night and they listed three of his "retirements" and they were all longer than the lockout. ROFL

Back