Pick 121 Jack Jones CB ASU

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10026486-jack-jones-nfl-draft-2022-scouting-report-for-arizona-state-cb
HEIGHT: 5'10 3/4"

WEIGHT: 171

HAND: 8 7/8"

ARM: 30 3/4"

WINGSPAN: 6'2"

40-YARD DASH: 4.51

3-CONE: DNP

SHUTTLE: DNP

VERTICAL: DNP

BROAD: DNP

POSITIVES

— Quick-twitch athlete who plays with a good burst and top-end speed.

— Fluid athlete with the ability to swivel and shadow receivers while also sinking his hips. Has fluid transitions out of breaks with quick feet and few wasted steps.

— Ball skills to play with good timing when high-pointing, along with strong hands. Able to play with his back to the ball while also playing through the catch point.

NEGATIVES

— Slightly undersized, which can show up when tackling. Takes a brunt of the impact when tackling at times.

00:01 / 02:28

— Bigger backs can carry him for extra yards. Also tends to get walled off by bigger receivers.

— Can be hesitant and slow to trust his eyes, causing a delay out of breaks.

— Occasionally gets handsy downfield. Tugs on receiver when out of position.

crop_exact_Screen_Shot_2021-09-14_at_2.51.07_PM.jpg

Videos you might like
2021 STATISTICS

11 G, 41 TKL, 2.5 TFL, 1 SK, 3 INT, 6 PBU, 3 FF

NOTES

— East/West Shrine Game invite.

— 2021 All-Pac 12 honorable mention

OVERALL

Jack Jones is a smooth cornerback who has the ability to play both in the slot and outside. He plays with a controlled pedal and quick feet. He's quicker than fast but has loose hips which gives him the ability to seamlessly turn and run.

Jones shows good patience in his pedal. He doesn't get out too quickly and allow the receiver to declare his routes before overcommitting. His quick feet allow him to get out of breaks with a very good burst, often looking to run the route for the receiver on short and intermediate breaking routes.

When in press coverage, Jones moves his feet on the snap to keep leverage and positioning, along with displaying the quick twitch and lateral movement needed at the line. He shoots his hands in press to keep positioning as well as looking to disrupt the timing of routes.

Jones has very good timing when playing the ball in coverage. Regardless of whether he turns and locates the ball or has his back to it, he doesn't panic downfield, and he's able to attack the ball from many different angles.

Jones' lack of size can show up at times whe he'sn covering larger receivers. He occasionally gets walled off and stuck on their backs, making it hard for him to make a play on the ball.

Jones is a scrappy player who has a nose for the ball and a knack for making plays in the run game. He makes quick reads and has even quicker reactions to come up and support the run.

Jones has shown to be a viable blitzer off the edge, as well as one who plays his part on the nub side of formations. His slight frame can be an issue in the run game, as he can take the brunt of tackles, especially when matched against bigger backs.

Jones was invited to the Shrine Game, where he looked impressive in the limited time he was on the field. He will have to carve out a role in the NFL, which seems possible given his twitch and athletic ability.

GRADE: 6.4 (4th Round - Potential Role Player)

OVERALL RANK: 160

POSITION RANK: CB20

PRO COMPARISON: Chris Harris

Jones has lived up to those words, not just on the field but also in the classroom.

He has brought his focus and determination from football and applied it to all aspects of his life. He finished this past semester on the Dean's List. An honor for students finishing with a GPA of at least 3.5.

Right now, Jones has exceeded all expectations after hitting his lowest point.

You're current focal point sucks. 🤷

Cheers, :toast:
My multiple "everybody sucks" posts are infantile. They're born out of frustration and are a reaction to the unparalleled negatively from virtually everyone in the local media. It's pretty pathetic, and telling, when the assessments from out of town/national media are far more positive and, seemingly, objective than that from the locals. The Patriots deserve better and so do we. I'm not looking for, nor do I want, blind homerism. I just want honesty and what we're getting is not that.

My multiple "everybody sucks" posts are infantile. They're born out of frustration and are a reaction to the unparalleled negatively from virtually everyone in the local media. It's pretty pathetic, and telling, when the assessments from out of town/national media are far more positive and, seemingly, objective than that from the locals. The Patriots deserve better and so do we. I'm not looking for, nor do I want, blind homerism. I just want honesty and what we're getting is not that.
i used to voraciously devour everything written about the pats in the herald, projo,globe, etc. once cameragate happened, and their idiocy was in full force, i pretty much quit ever reading them unless someone on this site, or someone else i respected posted a link to it. my football life has been much better for it...😁

You just need to buy a Borges-inverter.

It instantly converts negative adjectives to their positive counterparts, and has the added benefit that it works on many other members of the local media.

It also detects plagiarism and flashes red when in the presence of bullies that beat up on people in wheelchairs.

i used to voraciously devour everything written about the pats in the herald, projo,globe, etc. once cameragate happened, and their idiocy was in full force, i pretty much quit ever reading them unless someone on this site, or someone else i respected posted a link to it. my football life has been much better for it...😁
Undoubtedly a wise move. I'm the furthest thing in the world from some naive, eternal optimist who expects everything everywhere to be lollipops and rose petals. But, even after 20 plus years of watching this team excel far more often than not and still be the recipient of local media reaction ranging from subtle snideness to outright mockery pisses me off. I've never wanted unabashed idolatry and undeserved praise. I just think it's a reasonable expectation for the local media to be fair and, to me, over the years they've been anything but. Rant over.

I put them on ignore. No radio and no TV or news shows talking about the Pats. Sirius XM NFL is my go to radio now.

I put them on ignore. No radio and no TV or news shows talking about the Pats. Sirius XM NFL is my go to radio now.
Smart move. I also like Sirius NFL and I love the morning NBA show on Sirius with Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine.

Back