Pick 214 Ameer Speed CB Michigan State

I studied a bunch of CBs. Never came across Ameer Speed that I recall.

Aloysius?

I have the NFL.com draft tracker on my phone and they don't even have a pic of Ameer Speed :)

I've read that he has great size and speed but "hasn't put it all together on the field"

I suppose that is exactly the kind of guy you take a flyer on. Redshirt candidate I would think, because
I can't see a lot of opportunity at the position.

I've read that he has great size and speed but "hasn't put it all together on the field"

I suppose that is exactly the kind of guy you take a flyer on. Redshirt candidate I would think, because
I can't see a lot of opportunity at the position.
100%. He can fly, but was sometimes maddeningly 3 yards off his man when he should’ve been hip to hip. Very few receivers could run by him and he has great catch up speed. Needs to develop better ball skills and situational awareness.

The good news is he has the physical talents - you can’t teach size and speed - and the things that he needs to improve on, should be able to be taught. Given his size and speed, I can see him sticking with the Patriots in a gunner roll and possibly returning.

100%. He can fly, but was sometimes maddeningly 3 yards off his man when he should’ve been hip to hip. Very few receivers could run by him and he has great catch up speed. Needs to develop better ball skills and situational awareness.

The good news is he has the physical talents - you can’t teach size and speed - and the things that he needs to improve on, should be able to be taught. Given his size and speed, I can see him sticking with the Patriots in a gunner roll and possibly returning.
I could see him also end up on the practice squad to continue developing skills and then maybe next year be more of a force.

Ameer Speed is 6-3 210. Don't know how fast he is and could be drafted mostly as a ST player.
That's the 2nd MSU player that we have taken.
Speed possesses some of the traits that the Patriots have looked for in cornerbacks under Bill Belichick, two of them being his height at 6-foot-3 and, as his last name suggests coincidentally, his speed. The ex-Spartan ran a 4.33 40-yard dash, according to ESPN's NFL Draft broadcast.15 hours ago

Back