Pick ONE player from Pats past

I'm not a hockey fan. I remember watching stories & hearing people. Call him the greatest goal scorer of all time

Orr changed the way the game is played. He did things that no other defenseman had ever done and very few have done since.

Orr changed the way the game is played. He did things that no other defenseman had ever done and very few have done since.

but they have all tried, to the lament of every hockey coach since...

I think it was Red Fisher who used to be on with Andelman during the early years of WEEI. The idiot used to like provoking the B's fan base by not including Orr in his top 10 all time players. He claimed that Orr was really a forward disguised as a defenseman and was terrible in his own end. Andelman, being completely ignorant of hockey, would just go along with him.

A few things we need to get straight up in here, yo.

Wayne Gretzky was the greatest goal scorer on those Edmonton teams, but the team leader was clearly Mark Messier. Anyone who can't grasp that simple fact ... doesn't understand hockey.

And the greatest Patriot role-player ever (among many) had to be Troy Brown. Honorable mentions to Mike Vrabel, Tedi Bruschi, and Kevin Faulk, but, damn ... how can you NOT stand up for Troy Effing Brown???

Moss.

Not because of a nostalgic attachment, but because Moss was fun as hell to watch in his prime and he had scrubs like Daunte Culpepper tossing him balls. Watching him and Brady operate in 2007 was pretty awesome, but Moss was already in decline.

I honestly feel like Moss is so underrated by the media and other fans, because of his 'quitting' in Oakland (legit) and time with Pats (**** NE, right?). People seem to forget how dominant he was - a legit freak of nature with more pure skill than almost any player at any position in NFL history.

Moss.

Not because of a nostalgic attachment, but because Moss was fun as hell to watch in his prime and he had scrubs like Daunte Culpepper tossing him balls. Watching him and Brady operate in 2007 was pretty awesome, but Moss was already in decline.

I honestly feel like Moss is so underrated by the media and other fans, because of his 'quitting' in Oakland (legit) and time with Pats (**** NE, right?). People seem to forget how dominant he was - a legit freak of nature with more pure skill than almost any player at any position in NFL history.

Agreed. But I have not considered Moss because I had assumed that we needed to choose the player as he was for the Pats. Vikings Moss is far better than Pats Moss.

For this thread it would be a tie between Hannah and Vikings Moss.

Agreed. But I have not considered Moss because I had assumed that we needed to choose the player as he was for the Pats. Vikings Moss is far better than Pats Moss.

For this thread it would be a tie between Hannah and Vikings Moss.

Oh ya, in that case I completely agree then.

Hawg would have to bulk up some, he played at 265.

I thought about that as well.

That's one of the dilemmas with this type of exercise. If we go too far back, we have to assume that their body would morph up to today's standards.

He was 6'2". That's fairly typical for today's guards (Mason is 6'1"). With modern nutrition and training, he could definitely get up to 300 or higher.

That's one of the dilemmas with this type of exercise. If we go too far back, we have to assume that their body would morph up to today's standards.

He was 6'2". That's fairly typical for today's guards (Mason is 6'1"). With modern nutrition and training, he could definitely get up to 300 or higher.
Good God imagine Hawg at 315lbs,but lean and mean..holy schittsamoli.....:eek:

Hawg is a tall 6-2 (listed height), I have met him and he looks taller than that when beside my 6-5 brother

and he was athletic and flexible, he could easily be 305 lbs guard in todays game. his thighs were tree trunks.

Back