PizzaGaetz

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, trying to figure out how those posts contribute to a conducive interactive environment, but others are censored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I agree, they aren't very substantive posts, but they do not attack other posters directly. There are a ton of posts like this from a lot of people.

I could start screening for worthwhile content as well, but I don't think anyone wants that. I certainly don't want to do it. And it's an even more subjective thing than what I do now.

I am enjoying this less than those that contribute here. I could open it back up and just ban those who refuse to not insult others.

I will not pay for and host a forum that is filled with people just posting nasty shit to each other. This is a Patriots board first and foremost. Ultimately, the responsibility and the risk are mine to shoulder.

I really don't care where anyone falls on the political spectrum. It hasn't stopped people on both sides from accusing me of bias. I think both parties suck personally, but all I really care about here is not hosting a cesspool of nastiness. Those can be found elsewhere easily.

The vast majority of posters to this forum have not had a single post rejected.

If you, or anyone else, would like to discuss with me privately, my PMs are always open, and I've always been open to new ideas for solutions for those that can not post in a mature manner. Happy to discuss publically too. I don't have an agenda other than a clean forum.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Yeah, trying to figure out how those posts contribute to a conducive interactive environment, but others are censored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
It isn't about facts.

It isn't about useful discussion or even argument.

Certain folks are allowed to be snarky, condescending and insulting and responding in kind gets censored...

...for certain other folks.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
I agree, they aren't very substantive posts, but they do not attack other posters directly. There are a ton of posts like this from a lot of people.

I could start screening for worthwhile content as well, but I don't think anyone wants that. I certainly don't want to do it. And it's an even more subjective thing than what I do now.

I am enjoying this less than those that contribute here. I could open it back up and just ban those who refuse to not insult others.

I will not pay for and host a forum that is filled with people just posting nasty shit to each other. This is a Patriots board first and foremost. Ultimately, the responsibility and the risk are mine to shoulder.

I really don't care where anyone falls on the political spectrum. It hasn't stopped people on both sides from accusing me of bias. I think both parties suck personally, but all I really care about here is not hosting a cesspool of nastiness. Those can be found elsewhere easily.

The vast majority of posters to this forum have not had a single post rejected.

If you, or anyone else, would like to discuss with me privately, my PMs are always open, and I've always been open to new ideas for solutions for those that can not post in a mature manner. Happy to discuss publically too. I don't have an agenda other than a clean forum.
Oh i don't know about that, I've had a couple rejected that were not insulting nor attacking anyone. And i'm not attacking you by what i'm saying here but just about everyone I know on this forum save for PF09 has had at least 1 post rejected but it's your forum to do with as you please.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh i don't know about that, I've had a couple rejected that were not insulting nor attacking anyone. And i'm not attacking you by what i'm saying here but just about everyone I know on this forum save for PF09 has had at least 1 post rejected but it's your forum to do with as you please.
Well that's the thing. I don't want to have to do this. I don't want to be like a dictator. I don't recall the posts that I rejected from you, but if you'd like to talk about them, I'd be happy to. I am human and not infallible.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
To me, namecalling and spam is namecalling and spam, whether it is towards another poster here or not. both "sides" do this for sure. there are posters who a majority of the time have similar responses about so and so public figure is "x" and it's not really germane to anything. we get it, you hate x, and think any site not "y" is f.o.s. i just get tired of reading the same exact thing over and over.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Well that's the thing. I don't want to have to do this. I don't want to be like a dictator. I don't recall the posts that I rejected from you, but if you'd like to talk about them, I'd be happy to. I am human and not infallible.
It was in the Cuomo thread but I don't recall exactly what I said but I do know that I have been trying my best to stick to the rules so that's about all I can say about it.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I agree HS, there is a lot of that from a lot of people.

The easy solution for me would be to close the forum, or to ban people. I've tried very hard not to do that and to listen to everyone who is willing to work with me to address the issue.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
It was in the Cuomo thread but I don't recall exactly what I said but I do know that I have been trying my best to stick to the rules so that's about all I can say about it.
Got it. Here is the chain of posts:

Well that didn’t happen. Much like his blind followers, there’s no independent thought there.

Talk about lack of independent thought, this post is a good representation of it.

And this vapid insult is another prime example. Thanks for contributing.

Remember, that post was scrutinized by TU and he found nothing wrong with it. Your constant complaining and whining about other posters on the other hand is getting tired, maybe it's time you looked in the mirror and did a little self reflecting?

As this was ramping up, I felt I had to put an end to it, so I rejected the last post by you.

But I could see how if I had rejected PC's first post, it would have avoided the whole chain.

OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I agree HS, there is a lot of that from a lot of people.

The easy solution for me would be to close the forum, or to ban people. I've tried very hard not to do that and to listen to everyone who is willing to work with me to address the issue.
I don't think anyone would hold it against you if you put the forum out to pasture.

I've yet to see a political forum that successfully doesn't have attacks. The political forums that I'm aware of either allow the attacks (ChiefsPlanet, Reddit, etc) or they've attempted to ban attacks like you have and then give up (PatsFans, OriolesHangout, etc). This board, in its current iteration, might be the only one I've seen for now, but I think we could all understand if you deem the current process untenable.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
The advantage (or disadvantage, depending how you look at it) with Reddit is it is a Mob Rule mentality. It depends on the subreddit and there are certainly bannings, but generally the nasty comments get downvoted to oblivion, and unless you are directly involved or looking for those posts, they aren't seen.

OP
Providence Colt

Providence Colt

Reaction score
We already have that here with certain people attempting to neg-rep people repeatedly. Granted the ignore function alleviates notifications getting blown up (which is rather nice) but the status quo allows someone to essentially tank another person’s reputation score (for whatever it’s worth).

Your point in terms of not transitioning this place to that style is well-taken; minority views here would get immediately neg-repped into oblivion and this place would re-turn into an echo chamber.

Last edited:

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
We already have that here with certain people attempting to neg-rep people repeatedly. Granted the ignore function alleviates notifications getting blown up (which is rather nice) but the status quo allows someone to essentially tank another person’s reputation score (for whatever it’s worth).

Your point in terms of not transitioning this place to that style is well-taken; minority views here would get immediately neg-repped into oblivion and this place would re-turn into an echo chamber.
Does getting a negative rep really bother you and if it does, why? This is an internet forum and should have zero affect on your real life.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
I'm glad those last two posts are filled with useful opinions!

Hows this for a useful opinion.
The funnest part of this Gaetz perv accusations is the investigation was opened under Bill Barr and the dept of just-us. Now were getting unsubstantiated reports its part of an elaborate extortion plot by the FBI complete with links to the right wing propaganda channel. Give me a break.
Also it was priceless seeing one of the top drama queens at faux Tucker Carlson's interview with Gaetz when Gaetz tried to tell Carlson that Carlson and his wife had a supper date with Gaetz and one of his prom dates. Carlson immediately denied remembering that. LMAO the look on his faces was priceless. :ROFLMAO: So who is lying Carlson or Gaetz?

Last edited by a moderator: