Planet, your help is needed

TBrownslady

BINGO!
Reaction score
I figured this was the best place to throw this out there.

So I got my godchild the trip to NYC. I want to get a bunch of stuff that can be her "clues". I am going to wrap them and have her open them on Christmas Eve and see if she guesses. I want it to be things she can actually use though lol like movies, makeup (already got that), etc. She will be 16 so whatever is appropriate for that age :)

Sooooo any ideas?

What is the itinerary while she's in NYC?

What is the itinerary while she's in NYC?

No Itinerary yet. My friend Meri is from the area so I have some ideas from her. I was thinking a show but it will kill our whole day. We can do a play or something here too like we have for past birthdays and holidays.

I was thinking of grabbing a bite to eat and maybe if she wanted to go see some stuff like Ground Zero. Times Square has a cool wax museum that could be fun. And then lots of shopping of course! LOL

Alright. My first thought was a still of Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia on the piano at FAO Schwartz from "Big." And another thought was a picture of the Lion King on Broadway. But then I paused because I didn't know what the actual agenda was and I wouldn't want her to necessarily think any of this stuff was on the agenda if it was get her excited and then deflated (or vice-versa).

Alright. My first thought was a still of Tom Hanks and Robert Loggia on the piano at FAO Schwartz from "Big." And another thought was a picture of the Lion King on Broadway. But then I paused because I didn't know what the actual agenda was and I wouldn't want her to necessarily think any of this stuff was on the agenda if it was get her excited and then deflated (or vice-versa).

I'm pretty sure FAO Schwartz even as a teen and adult is a definite must stop lol So that's a great idea.

My friend suggested getting her the movie Home Alone 2 Lost in NY lol

still bitter over last night?

if you are doing broadway, play with the name of the show, like a cat key chain if it was to see cats.

if you are staying in times square a square clock

I was thinking a square watch :) Maybe with some bling that she can wear.

I might try to think of some crafty clues that go from one gift to the next

:doh: of course now there is a possible serial killer on the loose down there too.

Yeah, but he's gunning for male shopowners and clerks of middle eastern lineage. So you should be all set there. So, dont get her a bullet proof vest unless you plan on touring Harlem.

One thing that I would check out is if you still need to get tickets in advance for the Memorial at Ground Zero. Maybe the last gift item could be a guidebook to New York City.

One thing that I would check out is if you still need to get tickets in advance for the Memorial at Ground Zero. Maybe the last gift item could be a guidebook to New York City.

Oh thank you. I will check on that.

I am probably gonna make a map for myself with highlights and colors so I know exactly where everything is. Don't wanna waste any time wondering where the F we are and don't wanna wander into the wrong neighborhood lol

The Museum of Natural History is very impressive and I prefer it to the Smithsonian. Also, the Cloisters are worth the time.

What I was thinking to do was tell her where we are going and then let her decide on what she wants to do when we are down there :) But these suggestions are great and I will let her know all about everything when it comes time! Thank you everyone!

Back