playcalling 101 thread

the flip side is the perfect play call not executed properly looks like garbage on the field. you need to know the play call before you can make ANY conclusions on whether the OC made the right call or not. Did the offense execute the play called or not. Did they execute the call properly. was the perfect defense called for that play. by watching on tv nobody has any idea what the plan was, and with the Pats will likely never know. It is nice to sit back and judge each play with replay and a beer in your hand. The only thing the observer has to lose is ego (maybe money if gambling). I don't play ff anymore. I found it too easy to fire players when it meant nothing to me personally.

Sorta, but what can you see..? Run/pass , play design, formation, personnel, who is targeted, etc. A lot. And then success/fail. So if it looks like a boring vanilla, stale, predictable botch fest... Then its a fair criticism to look at the scheme and expect improvements. So overall its a combination of that and what you're talking about. :tmack:

Sorta, but what can you see..? Run/pass , play design, formation, personnel, who is targeted, etc. A lot. And then success/fail. So if it looks like a boring vanilla, stale, predictable botch fest... Then its a fair criticism to look at the scheme and expect improvements. So overall its a combination of that and what you're talking about. :tmack:
My feet are cold.

YouOriginally Posted by*foobahl*

the flip side is the perfect play call not executed properly looks like garbage on the field. you need to know the play call before you can make ANY conclusions on whether the OC made the right call or not. Did the offense execute the play called or not. Did they execute the call properly. was the perfect defense called for that play.*by watching on tv nobody has any idea what the plan was, and with the Pats will likely never know. It is nice to sit back and judge each play with replay and a beer in your hand. The only thing the observer has to lose is ego (maybe money if gambling). I don't play ff anymore. I found it too easy to fire players when it meant nothing to me personally.

Sorta, but what can you see..? Run/pass , play design, formation, personnel, who is targeted, etc. A lot. And then success/fail. So if it looks like a boring vanilla, stale, predictable botch fest... Then its a fair criticism to look at the scheme and expect improvements. So overall its a combination of that and what you're talking about.:thumb:

DINK and dunk is back in style. Good to have Myers and Watson making plays but the Edelman addiction is troubling. Too many forced balls , kinda reminiscent of Brady lock on Welker. Hope that goes away.popcorn

DINK and dunk is back in style. Good to have Myers and Watson making plays but the Edelman addiction is troubling. Too many forced balls , kinda reminiscent of Brady lock on Welker. Hope that goes away.popcorn

Not sure where you get the 'addiction' thing from. Last night, these were the targets:

James White: 7
Julian Edelman: 7
Jakobi Myers: 5
Brandon Bolden: 4
Phillip Dorsett: 3
Ben Watson: 3
Eric Tomlinson: 1
Sony Michel: 1

I guess he's addicted to James White too? :shrug_n:

Not sure where you get the 'addiction' thing from. Last night, these were the targets:

I can't quit James White... :coffee:

Had Chinese yesterday. Thinking some concoction I'll make up with ramen noodles, sour cream, cheese, jalapenos and stuff. Love this stuff.

Edelman was 12,. Your numbers are wrong

---------- Post added at 11:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Any sniff test you could see he was #1 Target by far.

I thought the game plan last night was outstanding. We saw vintage Tom Brady in action. He spread the ball around, took advantage of what the defense gave him, was satisfied handing off to RBs (loved the 3 running plays from the 1 yard line to score series - showed commitment to get it done), and played mistake free other than when his arm got swatted on the one INT.

I believe McDaniel's is doing a great job, despite the injuries, and is getting a lot out of this makeshift offense. The young guys are coming along nicely and getting more involved, and building confidence. The line is starting to gel, All in all, a solid B+ effort on offense.

For lunch today having some Jamaican Jerk Chicken.

I thought the game plan last night was outstanding. We saw vintage Tom Brady in action. He spread the ball around, took advantage of what the defense gave him, was satisfied handing off to RBs (loved the 3 running plays from the 1 yard line to score series - showed commitment to get it done), and played mistake free other than when his arm got swatted on the one INT.

I believe McDaniel's is doing a great job, despite the injuries, and is getting a lot out of this makeshift offense. The young guys are coming along nicely and getting more involved, and building confidence. The line is starting to gel, All in all, a solid B+ effort on offense.

For lunch today having some Jamaican Jerk Chicken.

Agree, the scheme was better , less vanilla which is exactly what this thread called for... So bitching about playcalling has paid off.. for the first quarter at least..

So we saw additional motion and ball distribution , misdirection. All good .. now build on that , get the ball deep . Etc. Thx.. :peace:

Agree, the scheme was better , less vanilla which is exactly what this thread called for... So bitching about playcalling has paid off.. for the first quarter at least..

So we saw additional motion and ball distribution , misdirection. All good .. now build on that , get the ball deep . Etc. Thx.. :peace:

We saw exactly what we've seen all season. They just executed the plays better. Your bitching about playcalling had nothing to do with it. We'll see the team continue to improve as they year goes on, just like in the last 20 years, barring injury.

Had Chinese yesterday. Thinking some concoction I'll make up with ramen noodles, sour cream, cheese, jalapenos and stuff. Love this stuff.

try ramen, hot dogs, drop an egg in right as it finishes boiling and mix it in. Scoop the noodles out with a slotted spoon and go apple cider or balsamic vinegar and hot sauce. Home tomorrow, got some Nathan's in the fridge, think I'm going this route.

Oh that's right you're just too young to understand anything we are talking about. Why don't you try being a little less of a :eggplant:

Not possible. I am exactly what I want. Regardless of turd droppings on my threads.

We saw exactly what we've seen all season. They just executed the plays better. Your bitching about playcalling had nothing to do with it. We'll see the team continue to improve as they year goes on, just like in the last 20 years, barring injury.

Of course.. so the playcalling doesn't matter. Right . Heard that already. Really stupid to suggest that. But when your 7-0 don't care... Nor does the dorky guy with the headphones called the OC . Just a messenger spitting out instructions from who knows.. just a wild guess random playlist.

Probably why the offense returned to staleville botch fest after getting the lead. Law of averages.. good... Then suck... Oh well.:facepalm:

Back