playcalling 101 thread

Apple pie a la mode is the bomb.. but it's gotta be homemade crust IMO

It is cake.

Now, cheesecake, is that a pie or a cake?

cheese·cake
/ˈCHēzˌkāk/

noun
1.a kind of rich dessert cake made with cream and soft cheese on a graham cracker, cookie, or pastry crust, typically topped with a fruit sauce.

---------- Post added at 02:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Not in love pie with other than Boston Cream but that's basically cake. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Bos·ton cream pie
noun
a round, two-layer cake that is filled with custard or cream and frosted, usually with chocolate.

Omg!! I just had wedding cake. I like cake but I love wedding cake so long as it's not mine. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Oh no mikiemo you said his name. Look for him to appear by the next full moon. :suicide:

His problem was playcalling..? With 5-10 people chatting the subject on a pats board. Anything critical is gonna be a minority.. but if you don't get into the mental aspects of football and the chess game , you're missing out.

If you hear Belichick he dismisses the subject like the famous 2005 comment " the plays will get called" when asked who the OC was. Another quote is .. " it's not the plays it's the players".
Haha.. but that's what he wants you to think.

Unless you are indeed the one who will not be named. WTF does what you posted have to do with what you quoted from me?
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lifer View Post
Oh no mikiemo you said his name. Look for him to appear by the next full moon.

His problem was playcalling..? With 5-10 people chatting the subject on a pats board. Anything critical is gonna be a minority.. but if you don't get into the mental aspects of football and the chess game , you're missing out.

If you hear Belichick he dismisses the subject like the famous 2005 comment " the plays will get called" when asked who the OC was. Another quote is .. " it's not the plays it's the players".
Haha.. but that's what he wants you to think.

There are only two pies I will eat, my wife's apple pie, and a pecan pie. Pecan pies are tricky, they can be awful if the baker is cheap with the pecans, it becomes just a sugary goo. My daughter makes a great pecan pie overflowing with the pecans.

For cake, it's pretty much just chocolate.

Yeah, sort of like fruitcake, to get back on topic.

Remember Johnnie Carson's take on fruitcake? Noone eats it. When your turn comes to receive it as a gift, you immediately re-gift it. And the giftee re-gifts it. And on it goes. And still, there is only one fruitcake.

Unless you are indeed the one who will not be named. WTF does what you posted have to do with what you quoted from me?
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lifer View Post
Oh no mikiemo you said his name. Look for him to appear by the next full moon.

Huh? Yikes . No , don't care. Try commenting on playcalling.

Or pies. Pyxis:tongue:

Haha.. but that's what he wants you to think

These 2 quotes are what shapes McDaniels thinking and how he approaches the job. In a way it is ironic since it means he is not responsible for bad results but at the same time makes his job less relevant. More like a messenger than a strategist. Haha.

So that probably creates a conflict for his ego as he gets some recognition as the OC but he knows it's just execution of a game plan decided by committee. This is also likely why game plans seem to languish ( buffalo game ,etc.) in mediocrity or worse .. since the committee effect doesn't shift well. IMO. :shrug::facepalm:

These 2 quotes are what shapes McDaniels thinking and how he approaches the job. In a way it is ironic since it means he is not responsible for bad results but at the same time makes his job less relevant. More like a messenger than a strategist. Haha.

So that probably creates a conflict for his ego as he gets some recognition as the OC but he knows it's just execution of a game plan decided by committee. This is also likely why game plans seem to languish ( buffalo game ,etc.) in mediocrity or worse .. since the committee effect doesn't shift well. IMO. :shrug::facepalm:

Talent is always the deciding factor. I don't care if you have the perfect play call if you don't execute it correctly its a failure

Talent is always the deciding factor. I don't care if you have the perfect play call if you don't execute it correctly its a failure

Agree.. but that does not dismiss the other fact that that same play can be squashed by a perfect defense regardless of talent. So the successful play sequencing and attack strategy comes into play. You can't get away from it. So within the framework of a talented team the plays do matter.IMO

There's a brown bird on my lawn.

Agree.. but that does not dismiss the other fact that that same play can be squashed by a perfect defense regardless of talent. So the successful play sequencing and attack strategy comes into play. You can't get away from it. So within the framework of a talented team the plays do matter.IMO

the flip side is the perfect play call not executed properly looks like garbage on the field. you need to know the play call before you can make ANY conclusions on whether the OC made the right call or not. Did the offense execute the play called or not. Did they execute the call properly. was the perfect defense called for that play. by watching on tv nobody has any idea what the plan was, and with the Pats will likely never know. It is nice to sit back and judge each play with replay and a beer in your hand. The only thing the observer has to lose is ego (maybe money if gambling). I don't play ff anymore. I found it too easy to fire players when it meant nothing to me personally.

Back