Players react to boos

NewsZombieBot

Newsie
Reaction score
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Patriots players reacted to being booed by the Gillette Stadium crowd during their 33-14 loss to the Ravens, with nose tackle Vince Wilfork delivering some of the strongest comments.

“It felt like we were playing an away game," he said. "For*as much as this team has done in the past, I don’t understand it. Of course, they pay their money. They want to see a good show. They want to have blowouts all the time. Big plays. It doesn’t happen like that all the time. That was tough, but hey, they have a right to their opinion. That’s how they feel, and they let us know. We didn’t help by playing any better than we did. You take it for whatever it is worth.”

Tight end Benjamin Watson wasn't surprised by the boos.

“We’ve heard them before. We’re used to them," he said. "People are very passionate about football here, about sports. They let you hear about it, when it’s good and when it’s bad. I guess they paid their tickets, so they can say what they want."

More...

I agree, I would NEVER do it...but I don't think it's cool of players to question publicly fans right to do it (which IMO they have 100%)either like VW quasi did there.

Bullshit. If there had been some effort out there, there would have been no boos. The players owe the fans an apology for that debacle and Kraft should extend refunds for those of us who paid hard earned money to watch that crap.

Wilfork can take his hurt feelings and stick them up his big ass :mad:

Based on how the team came out in the 1st quarter, fans had every right to boo. No f'ing focus, no ability to stop the run, Tom throwing turnovers and not having any pocket awareness, etc. Fans have every right to vent their frustration when their team is that f'ing lousy in the 1st quarter.

Bullshit. If there had been some effort out there, there would have been no boos. The players owe the fans an apology for that debacle and Kraft should extend refunds for those of us who paid hard earned money to watch that crap.

That's absurd. Should they have gone back to the fans in 2001 who got much more for their money than they expected and demanded more? It's football. Sometimes you suck. Support the squad in good and bad. Frustration is OK, but I could never boo them.

I agree, I would NEVER do it...but I don't think it's cool of players to question publicly fans right to do it (which IMO they have 100%)either like VW quasi did there.

stop agreeing with me. :p

No matter how disappointed I am in a performance, as I was today, I could never boo this team.

To me, they have earned a life time get out of jail free card.

ain't no disagreement from me

you boo/applaud the effort accordingly, simple as that..

if you do not want to hear boos I suggest you do something positive to stop/prevent them

That's absurd. Should they have gone back to the fans in 2001 who got much more for their money than they expected and demanded more? It's football. Sometimes you suck. Support the squad in good and bad. Frustration is OK, but I could never boo them.
so a half ass effort would not get a MD BOO?

funny but at times I think Booing if the proper thing to do

Obviously, I'm over the top a bit.

But I have every right to be pissed at that effort and not expect to hear those players whine about it. They're sitting on their fat wallets and going home happy. Meanwhile, I and others put out significant money (by my standards) to watch that.

The only thing I ever ask from my team is an honest effort. If I don't feel I got it, then I will let them know the only way I can.

Booing is the crowds way of acknowledging they've been spoiled little bitches over the years.

DING! DING!!!

Winner Winner! Chicken dinner!

[/thread]

I don't boo our team. Don't like when Pats fans do but, I understand them when it appears mental mistakes or lack of effort is visible.
That said, VWs mention of what the team has done in the past may be indicative of this team's mindset...are they resting on their laurels and living in the past? Are they expecting to have the same results of the past without displaying the intangibles that made that great past possible? No one showed up to watch highlight reels from days of yore. They came to see excellence and got screwed.

Obviously, I'm over the top a bit.

But I have every right to be pissed at that effort and not expect to hear those players whine about it. They're sitting on their fat wallets and going home happy. Meanwhile, I and others put out significant money (by my standards) to watch that.

The only thing I ever ask from my team is an honest effort. If I don't feel I got it, then I will let them know the only way I can.

So you boo them because they're rich?

No. THAT is absurd. With the crappitude of FAIL they brought today, if I could I would piss on their dinner tonite! Millions of dollars they get off of our hard earned sweat off our backs, I demand 100% effort and focus. Fine if they give us everything and lose. This team rolled over.

No. THAT is absurd. With the crappitude of FAIL they brought today, if I could I would piss on their dinner tonite! Millions of dollars they get off of our hard earned sweat off our backs, I demand 100% effort and focus. Fine if they give us everything and lose. This team rolled over.

I would kinda pay to see you to whip it out over Vince's dinner and piss. Just saying.

Back