Political Playground

Where did it go? :shrug:

Die_hard_welcome_to_the_party.jpg

At any rate, I understand why the Mods shut down political talk.

Too many people simply can't discuss things without getting emotional and insulting/attacking other people.

Rational maturity is a required pre-requisite for good, honest political chat....and the % of posters with that has declined, replaced with the "you are a retard and you suck" type of posters.

Not the mods' fault, they did what they had to do.

At any rate, I guess I'll come back around when football season gets underway.

It has been an honor and apleasure, see you all in a few months.

Kidding aside, the Political Forum "brought nothing to the table".

At any rate, I understand why the Mods shut down political talk.

Too many people simply can't discuss things without getting emotional and insulting/attacking other people.

Rational maturity is a required pre-requisite for good, honest political chat....and the % of posters with that has declined, replaced with the "you are a retard and you suck" type of posters.

Not the mods' fault, they did what they had to do.
thanks for seeing that

At any rate, I guess I'll come back around when football season gets underway.

It has been an honor and apleasure, see you all in a few months.
please check out the new Football only forum, with free agency about to take off again as teams continue to dump salaries based on projextions of their draft I see interesting activity happening

I actually had the last post ever in the political forum... I feel special. ;) lol

And actually, it was being shut down AS I was typing a last message. I didn't want my last one in there to be a bickering reply to Mgo, but the hammer came down before I could finish and post it.

I did PM Mgo and made peace last night after the forum was locked, but I want everyone to know that I hold no hard feelings for anyone outside of the political forum, and even inside of it it was seldom personal.

So basically, while I tried very hard to never let anything carry over to the main forums, the slate is now wiped clean and I hope to post in a friendly fashion with even my most fierce political opponents from the old forum. :)

Lol, you are special. Short bus special. :D

Jokes.

See under the old way I would of flown into a rage, flamed you repeatedly and without mercy, report you to the mods, and then start a thread that I was leaving the board forever.

Now, with a kinder, gentler Patriots Planet I will only chuckle at your wittiness.

lol ;)

:hug:

Kidding aside, the Political Forum "brought nothing to the table".

One person's "brings nothing to the table" is another man's "feast at the table" and another's "meal at the table" and another's "good enough to look." No need to look or eat if one felt it "brought nothing." I thought it was rough in there at first, until I used ignore judiciously. For a Mod though, it probably drained them too much.

Mods - While reading through the last political thread in the political forum, I noted several well-respected posters voiced disagreement with closing it permanently. I can understand the need to shut it down for a while, let wounds heal, let some people move on, maybe some former members will come back, yada, yada. BUT... there really were some good discussions in there, lots of educated folks, and very good insight into multiple topics. I visited there frequently and participated in numerous threads, and I believe the majority of the posters followed proper decorum. Sure, there were some who let things get out of hand, some who were too hot-headed, some too thin-skinned, etc., but... everyone knew what they were getting into when they entered the place, and they themselves made the decision to go there.

I guess I'm just saying... I agree with the camp who thinks the political forum should be in a "time-out" versus "dead" status.

All the other changes that have been made, I don't really have any problems with.

Mods - While reading through the last political thread in the political forum, I noted several well-respected posters voiced disagreement with closing it permanently. I can understand the need to shut it down for a while, let wounds heal, let some people move on, maybe some former members will come back, yada, yada. BUT... there really were some good discussions in there, lots of educated folks, and very good insight into multiple topics. I visited there frequently and participated in numerous threads, and I believe the majority of the posters followed proper decorum. Sure, there were some who let things get out of hand, some who were too hot-headed, some too thin-skinned, etc., but... everyone knew what they were getting into when they entered the place, and they themselves made the decision to go there.

I guess I'm just saying... I agree with the camp who thinks the political forum should be in a "time-out" versus "dead" status.

All the other changes that have been made, I don't really have any problems with.

Duly Noted.

That forum was hard enough to post in- it must have been a freakin' nightmare to try and moderate.

That being said, if you could manage to peer through the foliage of blind wrath, name-calling, generalization, exaggeration, and denigration, you could start to just make out the outlines of that rare and elusive species:
a person with an opposing political view who could make a point.

Just make it a subforum of the AssClown forum, don't moderate it, and anyone who gets butthurt should probably not be there. :D

(Honestly, I don't care. While there was a lot of good shyte happening in PP, the argument spillover was a pain in the vBulletin.)

Just make it a subforum of the AssClown forum, don't moderate it, and anyone who gets butthurt should probably not be there. :D

(Honestly, I don't care. While there was a lot of good shyte happening in PP, the argument spillover was a pain in the vBulletin.)

That's just it...the problem wasn't the butthurt IN the political forum, it was the spillover that became the problem.

Honestly? I wish people could have controlled themselves better because I think it was a useful forum. If anyone can figure out how to keep the spillover from happening without excessive moderation (or ANY moderation, because we're not touching it with a ten foot pole), who knows.

But it's not happening for a while, if ever.

Back