Politics and Religion Complaints thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joolz

Reaction score
good morning all and happy Friday. I don't know about you, but the work week has been hell on my end, and I'm tired and ready to jump on my bike and chill for a couple of days.

The very nature / title of the thread lends itself to potentially negative exchanges between any of us. Obviously we're all free to start and participate in threads as we like, but let's please continue the efforts to be polite and appropriate in our discussions. Life would be boring if we all agree on everything, it's how, not if, we disagree that's important.

Thanks much and have a great day.......
Enjoy the ride, patswin! You deserve it.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
certainly, and let's not forget the part about "how we disagree". :)
Sure thing. In the last 48 hours I’ve been told I was “fucking trashing a thread and to take my BS elsewhere” and that I was the “enemy of all that is good and just” and yet I can still see those posters running free here with impunity, so I’ll note that apparently qualifies as civil disagreement.

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Sure thing. In the last 48 hours I’ve been told I was “fucking trashing a thread and to take my BS elsewhere” and that I was the “enemy of all that is good and just” and yet I can still see those posters running free here with impunity, so I’ll note that apparently qualifies as civil disagreement.
How would you know whether or not that was addresed?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
For the last time because I am tired of explaining it, and then being ignored when I do so.

There is a warning system. When it is used, the offender gets the warning and no one else knows. There are points that can be assigned to the warnings. You are not necessarily suspended when a warning is given. It may seem nothing was done to an outside observer.

If someone is out of line, it is not license for you to act out of line. Whether you feel there is bias or not, there is only one person responsible for your behavior. You. If you are always civil, you never have anything to worry about. It's pretty simple. Read the stuck post again.

No one has been banned. In fact, with two exceptions from more than 10 years ago, anyone who was banned from the board in the past almost 20 years, is no longer.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
How would you know whether or not that was addresed?
I didn’t say it wasn’t addressed, I said they’re still posting here. I said a liberal is currently banned while those two are not. It’s not like either is contrite, in the post above yours, jl says he stands by his personal attack.

patswin

WTF
Political Forum Moderator
Reaction score
I didn’t say it wasn’t addressed, I said they’re still posting here. I said a liberal is currently banned while those two are not. It’s not like either is contrite, in the post above yours, jl says he stands by his personal attack.
< sigh> Read UT's post. No one is banned. And any actions / comms with other posters concerning their posts are between them and us. You assume a lot, and incorrectly. I explained to you yesterday ( to no effect, evidently) that I've actioned far more posts from your perceived offenders than any other. And only 1.. as in ONE from "the left". Some of those posters whose posts I did action volunteered and confirmed that yes that was the case.
That was a lot more than I should have shared.
I'm being very forthright and honest with you. You're free to believe whatever you want but the incessant finger pointing is quite frankly getting tiresome, to me and to UT. And that finger pointing and accusatory posting is often the catalyst for what we don't want here. In other words, if you'd just shut up a lot of the acrimony wouldn't happen in the first place. Much of the negative posting starts from your over-reactions to a percieved slight.

My suggestion is this. Lighten up Francis.

Have a good weekend.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
While we certainly don’t agree on much (this board or otherwise), I do agree with you that I’ve said my piece on this and that it’s time to move on. Regardless of everything else, I do believe you’re deserved an open mind and I’m committed to giving you one and all that I ask is that you extend me the same courtesy.

The only thing I’ll leave you with moving forward is that I do think a good barometer is the relative level of satisfaction on both sides. It doesn’t necessarily need to be “a pox on both houses”, but I think if you start to see some level of discontent on both sides (rather than just the one) then you’ll know you’re making progress.

Always feel free to reach out to me privately on this. I’ve done so with UT and we’ve had some good talks and I believe we’ve both been reasonable and good faith. I certainly have never said what jl said above about “I stand by what I said, do what you will” when it’s been pointed out that I attacked someone.

Until then, like I said, I’m willing to give you the open mind on this and move forward. :peace:

johnlocke

Reaction score
While we certainly don’t agree on much (this board or otherwise), I do agree with you that I’ve said my piece on this and that it’s time to move on. Regardless of everything else, I do believe you’re deserved an open mind and I’m committed to giving you one and all that I ask is that you extend me the same courtesy.

The only thing I’ll leave you with moving forward is that I do think a good barometer is the relative level of satisfaction on both sides. It doesn’t necessarily need to be “a pox on both houses”, but I think if you start to see some level of discontent on both sides (rather than just the one) then you’ll know you’re making progress.

Always feel free to reach out to me privately on this. I’ve done so with UT and we’ve had some good talks and I believe we’ve both been reasonable and good faith. I certainly have never said what jl said above about “I stand by what I said, do what you will” when it’s been pointed out that I attacked someone.

Until then, like I said, I’m willing to give you the open mind on this and move forward. :peace:

The enemies of mankind deserve no such respect but out of respect for this board I mostly extend it.

Make no mistake, you are the enemy.

Get over it.

Providence Colt

Reaction score
The enemies of mankind deserve no such respect but out of respect for this board I mostly extend it.

Make no mistake, you are the enemy.

Get over it.
Make no mistake, you routinely violate and flaunt the rules of this place and not jackshit happens to you as a result.

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
So far I think this thread is doing what it was intended to do which is to offer a place for airing complaints that doesn’t ruin other topic based threads.

OP
aloyouis

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Post in thread 'Let's Talk About Education'
Let's Talk About Education

Still waiting for the first time you participate in any thread on this forum without insulting or being snarky. I guess today’s not the day we will get it from you pColt.

Try to keep the BS here, if you are able. You said you would.

Quit blowing up every thread.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.