Pop ups and other randomness

They're back. Safari on an iPad.

Yeah, tons of them at log in. Spin a wheel to win a prize is a common one using both Safari and Chrome on an iPad. In fact I had to delete Chrome completely because I couldn't close the pop-up to get back to the Planet.

GAH!

Fixed.

I actually found something that was installed that was at least part of the hack and got rid of it. I HOPE that will be all that is needed going forward. Real progress compared to previously, but without the mothership's help, I am going at it a little blind.

As previously, you may need to clear cache and cookies.

GAH!

Fixed.

I actually found something that was installed that was at least part of the hack and got rid of it. I HOPE that will be all that is needed going forward. Real progress compared to previously, but without the mothership's help, I am going at it a little blind.

As previously, you may need to clear cache and cookies.

Thanks, UT. Much appreciated! :clap:

I've been on since 6:30 am; the pop ups just started. Adobe Flash crap again.

iMac + Firefox

I got rid of Kaspersky bc of this kind of thing.

That's good since it looks like they're mining data from their customers for Russia, as reported this past week.

I didn't know that and I'll do some research. It's a brand new expensive laptop with a 3-year Kaspersky subscription. I hesitate to give it up and some others (Avast, AVG, Norton, McAfee) wreaked havoc with my other laptops.

Can someone help me please? It's not related to the thread but rather to my phone.. I have a password on it and when I unlock it, it goes straight to a full screen ad and I'll need to slide right to continue on. How can I fix this?

I am now getting the I-product ads / popups for each thread on safari, same issue as about 2 months ago, for me.

Back