Pope Francis, two faced?

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different
“When one person suffers from a delusion, it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called a Religion.” - Robert Pirsig

Both the Davis woman and the Pope are insane. Or as you put it, nut jobs.

One more Pirsig quote:

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in. No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow. They know it's going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kinds of dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or goals are in doubt.”

Number Cruncher

Time to go.... NOW
Reaction score
They deserve each other.... sharing stories of their jackassness....

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Has there any photographic evidence this happened? Has any of the mainstream media beside huffpo (which at times prints very biased stories) reported this with any truth to it? Call me a skeptic, but until there is a photo, I don't believe it.

TipRoast

Recall all the dreams that you once used to know
Reaction score
A maze of twisting little passages, all different

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Actually, that article was different from what I read earlier. That one said the vatican confirmed it happened.

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
I wonder who gave the info of the popes words, was it the dingbat chick's attorney?

I do wish there was audio of this.

regardless, it does not look good.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Who's gives a crap. He met with the lady. He still thd best pope I seen in a long time . Pope still against gay marriage.he said if there trying to find the lord who is he yo judge .

Darth Despot

Not a real 'Merican - apparently
Reaction score
Website
tokevinwithlove.wordpress.com
Lady doesn't want to sign off on gay marriages for religious reasons...OK

Lady orders everyone in the office not to sign off...not OK

That's the line.

As far as the Pope goes, I am not thrilled about the meeting, or about the secrecy. Definitely hurts my opinion of him, but not fatally.

tehmackdaddy

post tenebras lux
Reaction score
Have to admit, this threw me for a loop. I've been a relative fan of Pope Francis, partly because I was in Vatican City when the Conclave chose him, and partly because I've liked some of his ideas.

This pisses me off, though.
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/8221090

This woman is a nut job, plain and simple.
Why does that piss you off?

imapig

Roger Godell Gets mounted by Stallions
Reaction score
I got some inside info from a source that I cannot devolve. Qhat I'm hearing the Pope is the bad pope and he had sex with Miss Davis, and now she is pregnant with the Antichrist. God save us all....

images

2Q==

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
Yeah, and then he goes and supports a woman who HAS judged. Hypocrisy.

I heard he meet with her. I'm sure he met with worst people then her. He washed the feet of prisoners in Italy.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
But he told her that what she was doing was right.
That's the issue.

This shocks you how. He against gay marriage. Even said it in interviews . His comments on not judging them was there lifestyle. She violated a court order twice by refusing & interfering in the licenses between issued under the supreme court order.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
This shocks you how. He against gay marriage. Even said it in interviews . His comments on not judging them was there lifestyle. She violated a court order twice by refusing & interfering in the licenses between issued under the supreme court order.

Correct. Time magazine has an article on the subject here

Pope Francis Willing To “Evaluate” Civil Unions, But No Embrace of Gay Marriage

So I find it slightly amusing how some left of center talking heads went from "loving" the pope because he agreed with them on topics such as global warming, income inequality, etc. to "hating" him because of him simply having a meeting one woman.

Before the meeting became common knowledge, he spoke about conscientious objection .

It is the “human right” of government officials to say they cannot discharge duties that they believe go against their conscience, Pope Francis told reporters aboard the papal flight back to Rome on Monday.

“I can’t have in mind all cases that can exist about conscience objection,” the pope told reporters on the plane. “But, yes, I can say the conscientious objection is a right that is a part of every human right. It is a right.

“And if a person does not allow others to be a conscientious objector, he denies a right.”

“Conscientious objection must enter into every juridical structure because it is a right, a human right,” the pope said. “Otherwise we would end up in a situation where we select what is a right, saying ‘this right that has merit, this one does not.’ It is a human right.”

When asked specifically if he was including government workers in his response, Pope Francis responded: “It is a human right and if a government official is a human person, he has that right. It is a human right.”

Now Darth despot's post about the difference between not doing it yourself vs. not allowing others to do it is valid.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Who's gives a crap. He met with the lady. He still thd best pope I seen in a long time . Pope still against gay marriage.he said if there trying to find the lord who is he yo judge .

Yeah, I'm with you on this one. People get all worked up over the silliest shit. Lifes too short to worry about such trivial matters.

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
He did? I thought he is quoted as saying "stay strong".
come on you know what he meant...

point is this was a bad choice but despite that we do not know what was said, or what was said and lost in translation so the quote of "stay strong" is not him endorsing her but it is not the Pope telling her to let bygones be bygones.